SH1 on PSN for PS3/PSP! But the disc STILL DOESN'T WORK!

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I'd also like to know what version of the game this is before I purchase it. As Ravager asked, is this the version with grey, knife-wielding Mumblers(Uncensored) or the version with only the brown, three-clawed bearstrosities(Censored)?

*Edit: It is the version with the grey, knife-wielding Mumblers.
Last edited by Terminus on 17 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

You know, if you have your ORIGINAL copy of SIlent Hill disc you can make your own backup... That's what I did and my Silent Hill game works perfect in my PSP...
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Terminus wrote:I'd also like to know what version of the game this is before I purchase it. As Ravager asked, is this the version with grey, knife-wielding Mumblers(Uncensored) or the version with only the brown, three-clawed bearstrosities(Censored)?

I think the "grey, knife wielding mumblers" are called "grey children".

and the bearstrosites are mumblers,

forgive me if im wrong :oops:
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Six dollars is an AWESOME price. Even though I already own a disc version of the game, I'm sure I'll download this when I get my PS3 just in case.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
destinyCreature11
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by destinyCreature11 »

wait , really?? WOW yes
Jack Frober
Gravedigger

Post by Jack Frober »

I'm reading this thread and I don't know what to say since my copy of SH works FINE. No glitches with the sound whatsoever.

I have a PAL version if that matters...or maybe they fixed the whole issue with the latest firmware. I mean there IS a working SH on PSN so what the hell.
This young man never had a bummer in some 33 LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight, everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, anytime. But on voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

simeonalo wrote:
Terminus wrote:I'd also like to know what version of the game this is before I purchase it. As Ravager asked, is this the version with grey, knife-wielding Mumblers(Uncensored) or the version with only the brown, three-clawed bearstrosities(Censored)?

I think the "grey, knife wielding mumblers" are called "grey children".

and the bearstrosites are mumblers,

forgive me if im wrong :oops:
I just looked it up and your right. I thought Grey Children was the name they gave them in the movie, but it seems the ones in the game are called like that as well.
Anyway, nice that those monsters are in the game.
destinyCreature11
Cafe5to2 Waitress

hmm.. i turned on my psp to access the psn store, dying of excitement, and of coarse, I have to do some stupid wierd update thing that I don't understand. My brilliant luck.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Been playing it and I've got to point out that the controls in the PSN version are a lot more responsive. It's like the game seems to be running and playing faster or at a better framerate compared to the disc version. But the controls definately feel a lot nicer... anyone else notice this?
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

I have the disc which I personally don't care to play on the PS3, however, I did buy the SH1 down for the PS3 for $5:99 also RE1 for 9:99
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
destinyCreature11
Cafe5to2 Waitress

On the PSP I hate using the gun control with the analog, sometimes it goes up and down and you can't keep it steady!
unreadphilosophy

Post by unreadphilosophy »

The Grey Children and Mumblers are in the game, Terminus. The Children are in Midwhich, and the Mumblers appear when the streets of Silent Hill revert to the Otherworld.
Dark-Dx
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark-Dx »

Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

Anyone else encounter that gunfire sound glitch on the PSN version? It didn't appear for most of the game, but it started to happen a few times when I was in Nowhere. I had to refight the Incubus because of it.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Apocali wrote:Anyone else encounter that gunfire sound glitch on the PSN version? It didn't appear for most of the game, but it started to happen a few times when I was in Nowhere.
Yes- there's actually a thread about it around here somewhere, or a thread where we all started to talk about it, anyway. That's odd it didn't do it to you for most of the game- it happened to me from the very first time I fired the gun.

I think it's cool that Silent Hill is for sale on PSN now- I'd like it if they would come up with a fix for us disc owners to play it on PS3 without the glitch, but at least this is another way for PS3 owners to play it. Alas, upon discovering the glitch SH1 has on the PS3, I went out and replaced my broken PS2 just so I can play SH1, so... I don't know if I'll be purchasing it on PSN. The idea almost excites me enough to do it.

EDIT: Sorry, Apocali, I didn't realize you said "on the PSN version." I'm amazed that you encountered the glitch on there! What the hell is the point of it, then? :? I'll just play it on my PS2... Glad I didn't purchase it on PSN yet.
Last edited by phantomess on 02 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.
dethzeppelinx
Just Passing Through

Post by dethzeppelinx »

so how does it play on the psp i was wondering because i might get a psp go for xmas
There was a hole here....its gone now.
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

dethzeppelinx wrote:so how does it play on the psp i was wondering because i might get a psp go for xmas
It is alright. I had to switch up some controls, all in all I feel the controls are even tighter and better now, though to be fair there is a bit slow down on the psp.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

dethzeppelinx wrote:so how does it play on the psp i was wondering because i might get a psp go for xmas
With every single PSP game I buy the first thing I do is go into the options menu and change the controls. The games play a lot better than using the default
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
Chrysaor
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Chrysaor »

Switch L and R to L2 and R2, and then left and right on the nub to L1 and R1, and you'll be good to go.

I actually like how it looks on the PSP much better than on a full-size TV, and with the controls set this way, it's about as perfect as you can get (Unless you like using the analogue stick to move, and that's an easy fix).
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

So is there any news on a fix for the glitches on PS3?

I have always kept my Playstation 1 hooked up for playing Silent Hill, it would be nice to play it with something else I think.

EDIT:

Got the game, and I have only encountered the obnoxious gun noise two times over the course of an entire playthrough. In order to get rid of it I just equipped and fired another gun... Wonder what would have happened if I had ONLY had the handgun.

But the main reason I bought it again was to play it on my PSP, and I haven't encountered any problems with that, except for the fact I am used to the screen being 37 inches instead of 4 inches.