Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Sep 2018

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Aug 2007
Notes left: 519
Last seen at: Redondo Beach, California
I'd also like to know what version of the game this is before I purchase it. As Ravager asked, is this the version with grey, knife-wielding Mumblers(Uncensored) or the version with only the brown, three-clawed bearstrosities(Censored)?

*Edit: It is the version with the grey, knife-wielding Mumblers.

Last edited by Terminus on 17 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1515
Last seen at: Colombia
You know, if you have your ORIGINAL copy of SIlent Hill disc you can make your own backup... That's what I did and my Silent Hill game works perfect in my PSP...

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
Terminus wrote:
I'd also like to know what version of the game this is before I purchase it. As Ravager asked, is this the version with grey, knife-wielding Mumblers(Uncensored) or the version with only the brown, three-clawed bearstrosities(Censored)?

I think the "grey, knife wielding mumblers" are called "grey children".

and the bearstrosites are mumblers,

forgive me if im wrong :oops:

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Dec 2006
Notes left: 708
Six dollars is an AWESOME price. Even though I already own a disc version of the game, I'm sure I'll download this when I get my PS3 just in case.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jun 2009
Notes left: 159
Last seen at: vancouver, B.C.
wait , really?? WOW yes

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Sep 2009
Notes left: 488
I'm reading this thread and I don't know what to say since my copy of SH works FINE. No glitches with the sound whatsoever.

I have a PAL version if that matters...or maybe they fixed the whole issue with the latest firmware. I mean there IS a working SH on PSN so what the hell.

This young man never had a bummer in some 33 LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight, everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, anytime. But on voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Aug 2009
Notes left: 230
Last seen at: My freezer. Chillin' out.
simeonalo wrote:
Terminus wrote:

I think the "grey, knife wielding mumblers" are called "grey children".

and the bearstrosites are mumblers,

forgive me if im wrong :oops:
I just looked it up and your right. I thought Grey Children was the name they gave them in the movie, but it seems the ones in the game are called like that as well.
Anyway, nice that those monsters are in the game.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

hmm.. i turned on my psp to access the psn store, dying of excitement, and of coarse, I have to do some stupid wierd update thing that I don't understand. My brilliant luck.

Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 3362
Been playing it and I've got to point out that the controls in the PSN version are a lot more responsive. It's like the game seems to be running and playing faster or at a better framerate compared to the disc version. But the controls definately feel a lot nicer... anyone else notice this?

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
I have the disc which I personally don't care to play on the PS3, however, I did buy the SH1 down for the PS3 for $5:99 also RE1 for 9:99

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

On the PSP I hate using the gun control with the analog, sometimes it goes up and down and you can't keep it steady!

Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Nov 2007
Notes left: 3247
Last seen at: Wouldn't you like to know. ;D
Terminus wrote:

The Grey Children and Mumblers are in the game, Terminus. The Children are in Midwhich, and the Mumblers appear when the streets of Silent Hill revert to the Otherworld.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2006
Notes left: 107

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Sep 2009
Notes left: 274
Anyone else encounter that gunfire sound glitch on the PSN version? It didn't appear for most of the game, but it started to happen a few times when I was in Nowhere. I had to refight the Incubus because of it.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4683
Last seen at: Colorado
Apocali wrote:
Anyone else encounter that gunfire sound glitch on the PSN version? It didn't appear for most of the game, but it started to happen a few times when I was in Nowhere.
Yes- there's actually a thread about it around here somewhere, or a thread where we all started to talk about it, anyway. That's odd it didn't do it to you for most of the game- it happened to me from the very first time I fired the gun.

I think it's cool that Silent Hill is for sale on PSN now- I'd like it if they would come up with a fix for us disc owners to play it on PS3 without the glitch, but at least this is another way for PS3 owners to play it. Alas, upon discovering the glitch SH1 has on the PS3, I went out and replaced my broken PS2 just so I can play SH1, so... I don't know if I'll be purchasing it on PSN. The idea almost excites me enough to do it.

EDIT: Sorry, Apocali, I didn't realize you said "on the PSN version." I'm amazed that you encountered the glitch on there! What the hell is the point of it, then? :? I'll just play it on my PS2... Glad I didn't purchase it on PSN yet.

Last edited by phantomess on 02 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Aug 2009
Notes left: 7
so how does it play on the psp i was wondering because i might get a psp go for xmas

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Sep 2004
Notes left: 723
Last seen at: Silent Hill in the Wish house
dethzeppelinx wrote:
so how does it play on the psp i was wondering because i might get a psp go for xmas

It is alright. I had to switch up some controls, all in all I feel the controls are even tighter and better now, though to be fair there is a bit slow down on the psp.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Apr 2008
Notes left: 187
Last seen at: New York
dethzeppelinx wrote:

With every single PSP game I buy the first thing I do is go into the options menu and change the controls. The games play a lot better than using the default

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Oct 2009
Notes left: 310
Switch L and R to L2 and R2, and then left and right on the nub to L1 and R1, and you'll be good to go.

I actually like how it looks on the PSP much better than on a full-size TV, and with the controls set this way, it's about as perfect as you can get (Unless you like using the analogue stick to move, and that's an easy fix).

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2006
Notes left: 357
So is there any news on a fix for the glitches on PS3?

I have always kept my Playstation 1 hooked up for playing Silent Hill, it would be nice to play it with something else I think.

EDIT:

Got the game, and I have only encountered the obnoxious gun noise two times over the course of an entire playthrough. In order to get rid of it I just equipped and fired another gun... Wonder what would have happened if I had ONLY had the handgun.

But the main reason I bought it again was to play it on my PSP, and I haven't encountered any problems with that, except for the fact I am used to the screen being 37 inches instead of 4 inches.