Nowhere Kitchen (unmarked spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Nowhere Kitchen (unmarked spoilers)

Post by Mephisto »

First of all, I searched for "Nowhere Kitchen", "Kitchen", "Ring of Contract", "Monster in Kitchen" and nothing came, I apologize if there's a thread like this somewhere.

So, when you get to Nowhere you can see that there's several places connected with each other, the Hospital, the School, Green Lion Antiques, etc. In the Kitchen we can find a refrigerator that needs to be "closed".

To be able to close it we need the "Ring of Contract", after we close it, we're ready to move on but then the refrigerator shakes and it's like there's someone, or something there. That made me think for quite some time. Was it a normal monster? Was it Kauffman? (yeah lol, could be, who knows?) Was it a "memory" of Alessa? What was inside the refrigerator?

Any thoughts?
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

I could have sworn there was a quicklink to a thread about this, but I cn't spot it.

Anyway, I think it's generally accepted that it's the same as the creature in the hospital that
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
you have to distract by tossing a bloodpack on the floor near it.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Hmm. Strange, so it's a normal monster then? What happens if you don't close the refrigerator and keep the ring for yourself? You're not allowed to move on? You get killed?

Damn, too many questions. Sorry. :?
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

It's not a normal monster, it's unkillable and only encountered twice in the game. If you don't use the ring of contract then you can't get the blade that is impaling the creature through the fridge door which is one of the items required to get through the final door in Alessa's room.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

If you get the sword withour fix the chain with the ring the monster will pop out from the fridge and grab Harry inside it... Game Over...

This happened in my first playthrough and I almost crap myself!!
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

Yeah, I was totally gutted when that happened, I hadn't saved since getting to Nowhere so I was really pissed off when I just died like that.

Obviously I learned my lesson after that though and proceeded a lot more carefully throughout the rest of Nowhere.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Hey clock, so you're saying that it's the snake-like monster?

I took the dagger first, then closed the refrigerator. Strange, anyway thanks for the answers guys. Oh, by the way, I gotta say how lucky I am... That would suck if it happened to me, too. Eh Kage? :P
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

Mephisto wrote:Hey clock, so you're saying that it's the snake-like monster?

I took the dagger first, then closed the refrigerator. Strange, anyway thanks for the answers guys. Oh, by the way, I gotta say how lucky I am... That would suck if it happened to me, too. Eh Kage? :P
Yeah, it's the weird tentacle monster thing. Also, you have to use the ring of contract before you take the dagger, if you take the dagger before using the ring you die.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ Something went wrong then or I'm just making things up, I suppose you're right. Again, thanks. :wink:
Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

>I suppose you're right.
He's not. The order doesn't matter as long as you don't try to leave the room before using the ring.
Of course it didn't happen.
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

Oh, OK, could have sworn that I took the sword and just died then and there, nevermind.
Too cold to start a fire
And ride a pack of dogs
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Yeah, I've done it both ways. Just as long as you don't try to walk away, it's cool.

Of course, since I doubt you can put the dagger back, I wonder what it'd be like to grab it, cycle through your menu, then realize that you don't have the Ring of Contract (assuming that's possible) :)
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

Strange, I never have seen the scene of poor Harry being killed by the Monster. When I saw the chain was broken, I just put the ring on it during my first playthrough. It seemed logical enough to me :p

Though the breaks in that chain would not be so easily mended, what is easily slipped on can just as easily be slipped off, it's a hack job. :)
Only some of my posts are serious.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>He's not. The order doesn't matter as long as you don't try to leave the room before using the ring.

>Yeah, I've done it both ways. Just as long as you don't try to walk away, it's cool.

Ah, okay then. Thanks guys ;)

>Though the breaks in that chain would not be so easily mended, what is easily slipped on can just as easily be slipped off

Hmm, maybe the ring haves some kind of power that will prevent the monster from breaking free?
Whoa, when a question is answered another comes. Hell.
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

On another note, or the same note, not sure .. you CAN run around all crazy in that room without using the ring, and leave the room, as long as you don't pull the dagger out.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Yeah, I already knew that but thanks for telling us. Maybe some people didn't knew about it and you helped'em out :)
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

I just think it's kinda funny to dance around in front of the fridge without any danger of being killed. That far into the game, you need SOME sort of comic relief :P
Weyoun
Just Passing Through

Post by Weyoun »

Somebody linked to the video showing Harry's kitchen death in the Silent Hill General Discussion thread. It's the second post in the Silent Hill Death Scenes thread, in case you're interested in seeing it.
The monster got me too on my very first playthrough.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

It also got me in my first playthrough but only because i was brave enough to peak inside the fridge (i expected some food but i become one :P ).I knew somethings fishy about the fridge but i opened it anyway...and the scene is kinda funny :)
pyramidheadkiller007
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidheadkiller007 »

Its like the sewer monster in SH3. If you don't use the hair dryer to kill it..... it kills you.
You're safe as long as you use the ring before you leave the room.