How many times have you played through SH1?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Sadly, ive only played twice, as my PS1 got seriously messed up and the disk it self getting seriously trashed :cry:
^^
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I've probably played it somewhere between 15 and 20 times. I used to play it all the time, but now it's probably been a year since I've played it. I know I'll wind up playing it again before I play Shattered Memories lol.
Last edited by MariaRising on 15 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

You know what guys...I've played it ONE time...pwn.

Nah, around 10 times.
Andrashi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Andrashi »

More than 15 times, I guess...
Lying_Figure
Just Passing Through

Post by Lying_Figure »

I'm guessing around a dozen or so times.
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2pq192o.gif[/img][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/1kkdv.jpg[/img]
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Eight times, best game of the series imo. Silent Hill is a game unto its own.(no other game is like it)
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

That would be ONCE. I blockbustered it when I was like, 10 or 11. I played it, beat it, and swore I would never play it again because of the whole Lisa thing. lol. I might go back on that resolution. I think that since that was half my life ago, I can probably do with some reminders of the game.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Violent Corpse
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Violent Corpse »

1. I've just completed it and got the Bad+ ending...... i regret it.
Dallow
Just Passing Through

Post by Dallow »

I have completed Silent Hill on every skill level and seen every ending. I have probably played it a good ten times but it has been five years or more since I loaded it up last.

Silent Hill 2 is another matter. Has to be around the twenty to thirty mark by now at least. I never tire of it. Not only is it the best entry in the series but it's also contender for best survival horror game period.

Silent Hill 3 I only played through twice unfortunately but I did enjoy it.

Never even got around to finishing 4 or 5 a single time. Really not a fan of those TBH. That's when the series went all glossy and predictable. Havent played Origins or Shattered Memories yet but I do intend to some time in the future.

But yeah, getting back to SH1. It has been a while so I'm probably going to play it again sometime this week.
[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1982/dallow.jpg[/img]
CerealKiller
Just Passing Through

Post by CerealKiller »

I've played once through the whole game but the second time my data was deleted :x Im playing through a second time now.
HaleyTrapp

Post by HaleyTrapp »

I've just played through it for the first time this January, so I've only played it once. Maybe in another 3-4 years I'll play it again.
Sepultcher
Just Passing Through

Post by Sepultcher »

4 and a half.

I was doing a 5th run on my PSP until I got caught up in my SH4 runs.

I should start it again...

Hmm...
:oops:
"This is one of those rare fact-based type details in SH that really can't- and shouldn't- be turned into a metaphor for a dead wife"
-Lain of the wired
LittleRed
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleRed »

Technically, none.

The copy I have stops working as soon as you get to the cutscene before the final boss. I've played up until that point a couple times though.

I should buy it off the PSN network, so I can finally beat it. :S
Hawke
Just Passing Through

Post by Hawke »

Finished It a while ago, playing next fear mode now!
IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Post by IceDhole »

I'm currently on my fifth run. First time, I got Good+. Second Time, I got Bad+. Third Time, I got UFO. I couldn't finish the fourth one though, the boss on hard mode is IMPOSSIBLE.
pistukas
Just Passing Through

Post by pistukas »

I think twice... Easy level on the first run... Normal on the second and... Hard on the third, though I haven't finished it because I sold my playstation...
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Twice I believe. I am going to play it again soon because I miss smashing creatures with the emergency hammer. I also want to try the rock drill this time.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

I never liked the rock drill myself, but I never liked the melee in the first one as it is - I can never get used to it.

I must have played the first game about 20 times at least: start to finish.
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Lemex wrote:...I never liked the melee in the first one as it is - I can never get used to it.
Even though I do not mind it myself, I can understand why you wouldn't. It is almost impossible to hit anything unless you are using the emergency hammer, and you do not get that for quite some time.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
David_Lanton
Just Passing Through

Post by David_Lanton »

hmm.... well let's see, i beat it once just to play it, i beat it every time for each ending except ufo, and i've played it once again on every difficulty and a couple random play throughs, so in total i'd say aboot um...... 15 or so :mrgreen: