Harry's wife.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Harry and his wife found Cheryl when she was a new born baby and that happened 7 years old before the game events... Mrs. Mason died 4 years before the game's event so she passed away when Cheryl was 3, Mrs. Mason looks pretty Healthy in the opening sequence so I just think that she was sterile...

Also, Heather never mentioned Mrs. Mason in SH3... She said something about her "Dear" mother but we aren't sure if she was talking about Mrs. Mason with nostalgia or about Dahlia with sarcasm... I personally think is the second option...
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Harry and his wife found Cheryl when she was a new born baby and that happened 7 years old before the game events... Mrs. Mason died 4 years before the game's event so she passed away when Cheryl was 3, Mrs. Mason looks pretty Healthy in the opening sequence so I just think that she was sterile...
“My wife was sick… it didn’t look like she was getting any better, so we took Cheryl in.”
Also, Heather never mentioned Mrs. Mason in SH3... She said something about her "Dear" mother but we aren't sure if she was talking about Mrs. Mason with nostalgia or about Dahlia with sarcasm... I personally think is the second option...
She comments that she still has only one trace of memory left, that of her sweet and gentle mother. She says that after reading Harry’s diary, where he talks about Cheryl being gone. Furthermore, she certainly seems to have more than “one trace” of memory left of her life as Alessa. She remembers her doll’s damn name after all. So, I conclude she spoke of Jodie(?) Mason.

EDIT: She also makes a point of not calling Dahlia "Mother".
Bad, bad luck.
Nah man, he was intentionally fishing for termies. It’s a good book material.
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

No strings afterall.
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
Eddie_gun_blaster
Just Passing Through

Post by Eddie_gun_blaster »

Heather can't remember about Mrs Mason, as she was born after cheryl... i think she means dahila as her mother, as she is part alessa. From what i know harry didnt hava a wife after heather was born, correct if i am wrong
Killing a person ain't no big deal! Just put the gun in their head, POW
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>i think she means dahila as her mother
Dahlia was neither "sweet" nor "gentle."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Eddie_gun_blaster
Just Passing Through

MMY wrote:>i think she means dahila as her mother
Dahlia was neither "sweet" nor "gentle."
she could be ironic. OR Heather don't remember very well the horror things dahila made (come on, it was two lifes in the past xD), and she can only remember the earlier days when dahila was a good mother. who knows..
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

When there's nothing indicating irony, there isn't nec. any irony.

>she can only remember the earlier days when dahila was a good mother.
As far as we know, Dahlia was never a good mother.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Heather can't remember about Mrs Mason, as she was born after cheryl... i think she means dahila as her mother, as she is part alessa. From what i know harry didnt hava a wife after heather was born, correct if i am wrong
Heather is a reincarnation of both Cheryl and Alessa. Therefore she has memories from both of them.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Droo

Post by Droo »

Jodie? Where the hell did that come from?

Apparently this thread is all about pulling random information out of your ass.

Anyway, as for the mother comment, I think there's very good reason to suspect that Heather is sarcastically referring to Dahlia. The rest of the statement surrounding that line is also very dry and angrily sarcastic in tone. She is reacting negatively to Harry's memo. She then makes a sarcastic self reference to Dahlia in a somewhat emo, ill tempered comment.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Jodie? Where the hell did that come from?
Jodie is Mrs. Mason according to the official Silent Hill novelization.

Heather says, "There's a musty diary on the bed. This writing . . . is this Dad's diary? Why would it be here. . . ?" She then reads it. "Thanks, Dad. So I was Alessa after all. But I do have just a trace of one more memory left. I haven't forgotten my sweet and gentle mother."

I don't read sarcasm. Had sarcasm been suggested, I have a feeling ellipses would have been added to the end of her statement.

Of course I have a feeling the writers would have made it even slightly suggestive and/or obvious she was being sarcastic. . . .

(Like that.)

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I suspect Heather has more than "just a trace of one memory" of Dahlia, seeing as how she was so centric to everything wrong with Heather's life.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^Shoot, psycho-mom-of-the-yr. winner. How could anyone forget that? I'm pretty sure Heather remembers the kind of toothpaste Dahlia used. :roll:
Droo

Post by Droo »

MMY wrote:>Jodie? Where the hell did that come from?
Jodie is Mrs. Mason according to the official Silent Hill novelization.

Heather says, "There's a musty diary on the bed. This writing . . . is this Dad's diary? Why would it be here. . . ?" She then reads it. "Thanks, Dad. So I was Alessa after all. But I do have just a trace of one more memory left. I haven't forgotten my sweet and gentle mother."

I don't read sarcasm. Had sarcasm been suggested, I have a feeling ellipses would have been added to the end of her statement.

Of course I have a feeling the writers would have made it even slightly suggestive and/or obvious she was being sarcastic. . . .

(Like that.)
Fair enough. She's referring to Mrs. Mason, then. I have absolutely no problem with that.

I must confess to still being partial to CRS's attribution of the Carolyn to Mrs. Mason. It just sounds better than Jodie.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Eddie_gun_blaster
Just Passing Through

When alessa was a child maybe dahila treated her good, we don't have any information about this period.
And Heather being a reincarnation of two souls, its pretty acceptable she can't remember some things (and in-game we see that in the beggining she does remember nothing)
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>"Again"? No one has suffered tuberculosis in the Silent Hill series.

I assumed Mary had the disease, and since Harry's wife died from an unknown disease the only thing that I can think of is tuberculosis.

That's why the "2 characters in the series with the same disease".
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Mephisto wrote:
I assumed Mary had the disease
She didn't. Tuberculosis doesn't act like that. There's a thread in the SH2 quicklinks section.

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure that Heather retained her memories as Cheryl, so there would be no reason why she shouldn't remember her mother.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

When alessa was a child maybe dahila treated her good, we don't have any information about this period.
And Heather being a reincarnation of two souls, its pretty acceptable she can't remember some things (and in-game we see that in the beggining she does remember nothing)
Dahlia has been using Alessa as a tool to kill people who got in her way pretty much since the day she was born. She was never a good mother, which is why Alessa is so desperate for her love. Heather doesn't remember anything at first because they were suppressed. Eventually, she seems to remember all memories from both her lives.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Mephisto wrote:>"Again"? No one has suffered tuberculosis in the Silent Hill series.

I assumed Mary had the disease, and since Harry's wife died from an unknown disease the only thing that I can think of is tuberculosis.
If it was TB, they would have figured it out pretty quickly. A quick X-Ray will show masses in the lungs if a person has TB, weither Latnent or Active TB it will show on X-Rays. That would work for the era of SH2 and the "bubble test" would work for sh1 era. The "bubble test" is
... a skin test involves injecting a very small amount of a substance called PPD tuberculin just under the top layer of the skin (intracutaneously). Tuberculin is a mixture of antigens obtained from the culture of M. tuberculosis. Antigens areforeign particles or proteins that stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies. The test is usually given on the inside of the forearm about half way between the wrist and the elbow, where a small bubble will form as the tuberculin is injected.

Then after 48-72 hours, the test site will be examined by a trained person for evidence of swelling. People who have been exposed to tuberculosis will developan immune response, causing a slight redness or swelling at the injection site. Reactions may not peak until after 72 hours in elderly individuals or those who are being tested for the first time. If there is a lump or swelling, the health care provider will use a ruler to measure the size of the reaction.

READ MORE
So, for both Sh1 and 2, TB was most likely not the "unknown" disease.
Eddie_gun_blaster
Just Passing Through

AuraTwilight wrote:
Dahlia has been using Alessa as a tool to kill people who got in her way pretty much since the day she was born. She was never a good mother, which is why Alessa is so desperate for her love. Heather doesn't remember anything at first because they were suppressed. Eventually, she seems to remember all memories from both her lives.
Yeah.
I was saying that dahila might was a normal mother when alessa was recently borned (maybe she wasnt so junkie of the cult). but that was just a theory
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It wasn't really a theory, it was a totally unsupported statement. Dahlia was a monster, and has always been one.