Questions about Harry discovering Silent Hill

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Questions about Harry discovering Silent Hill

Post by simeonalo »

I mean, it seems he wanted to go to a vacation to the town for a while in the Summer, but the town hasn't had tourists in years since people started missing, right? And isn't it a little coincidental that this was the same town Alessa/Cheryl was born? Where exactly WAS Cheryl after the car crash (where did she go)?

I searched, couldn't find anything. Close this if you have links to more information :) thanks, in advanced
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Er, if I remember correctly, Cheryl kept insisting she needed to go there, so Harry took her to try and figure out why she wanted to. I'm pretty sure that the instant they make it into Silent Hill, Cheryl is absorbed back into Alessa.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Silent Hill still having a lot of tourist activity, I think Harry used to spe4nd his vacations there sometimes... years later we know that James and Mary also spent their vacations there... The place still being visited...
Lucita
Just Passing Through

Post by Lucita »

It seems that Harry had already went to Silent Hill with his wife. I think it was there they found the baby Cheryl!
"Ignore the voice, it'll go away!"
=====================
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

They found baby Cheryl on the road somewhere, not in Silent Hill.

Despite people going missing, Silent Hill remains a busy tourist attraction form any, many years.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Despite people going missing, Silent Hill remains a busy tourist attraction form any, many years.
Not according to Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition:
Silent Hill, the setting for the story, is a rural town located somewhere in northeast America. Its chief industries are tourism and, to a lesser extent, agriculture. It is a small town with a population below 30,000, and its key industry—tourism—is in a state of steady decline.
Cheryl, by the way, requested Harry and she go to Silent Hill for vacation due to a subconscious request from Alessa.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

MMY wrote:>Despite people going missing, Silent Hill remains a busy tourist attraction form any, many years.
Not according to Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition:
Silent Hill, the setting for the story, is a rural town located somewhere in northeast America. Its chief industries are tourism and, to a lesser extent, agriculture. It is a small town with a population below 30,000, and its key industry—tourism—is in a state of steady decline.
Cheryl, by the way, requested Harry and she go to Silent Hill for vacation due to a subconscious request from Alessa.
See, thats what I based my questions on.
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

I was under the impression that tourism didn't start to decline in Silent Hill until after the events of the first game, and thus Harry didn't find it very suspicious that his daughter wanted to go there for vacation. Do we have any firm idea when the tourist industry started going downhill in the town?
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The town's decline began after several mysterious murders—including the mayor's—, an increasingly large drug trade, and other less-than-awesome events occurred, all of which predated the events of Silent Hill.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.