Green Lion

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Sionnan
Gravedigger

Green Lion

Post by Sionnan »

MMY mentioned something about this in another thread, so I decided to do research for it.

The Green Lion is a figure in alchemy used as a kind of symbol or metaphor for an alchemical process. In this case, it represented vitriol and the dissolving powers it had. What's particularly interesting is that in a certain method of creating vitriol, the resulting liquid can dissolve even gold. To alchemists, this ability was rather metaphorical, and the strength of the Green Lion was immortalized in the symbol of the Green Lion devouring the sun.

However, other alchemists believed that the Green Lion represented the raw energy of nature, and stood for the chlorophyll that consumed the sun's rays. Alchemists that believed this usually tried to create living things in their experiments.

I think it's an interesting, if ironic, parallel to Dahlia's beliefs: while she believed in a cult that was supposed to have brought about God, and generally in birth and growing, the world that God existed in was decaying and rusted.

Remember Harry's venture into Dahlia's shop? The back room held an altar with an alchemical symbol, and it transported Harry into the world full of rusted, warped, and dissolving metal. While Dahlia's home base was undoubtedly called after the latter of the processes, the effect she was having was gradually producing the first.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kickass.

I also want to provide the speculation that Alessa was a homunculus. Just for baseless fun.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Technically, split Alessa could be a kind of homunculus, if we go by this definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homunculus ... of_alchemy

If we understand split Alessa to have gone hideous pain and torture in order to transform into a new being. What's interesting about the article I just cited is that it's incorporating the ideas of opposition in being.

Although it would be kind of creepy if she was a homunculus by the more well known method, where Dahlia got sperm and used alchemy to nurture it into a baby. Without having impregnated herself.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Intereresting, yet kinda strange. For example, this:

>Although it would be kind of creepy if she was a homunculus by the more well known method, where Dahlia got sperm and used alchemy to nurture it into a baby. Without having impregnated herself.

Black magic, eh?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'm glad people are starting to examine some things no one here has before.

> The back room held an altar with an alchemical symbol
The only image is of Incubus, behind the chalice and altar.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Are you saying that the Christ like "tablet" was Incubus? Strange, I thought that Dahlia did believed that his appearance was of a demon.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

The picture behind the alter is definitely the Incubus. this is a bit off topic, but I've always wondered, when Dahlia says "The demon is awakening, spreading those wings" is she describing the Incubus or is just some random metaphor. It seems that she always knew what it looked like, did she see it before?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Incubus is depicted on the wall murals of The Order's chapel (in Silent Hill 3), so we know Dahlia has always had this image in mind.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Uh, not trying to be an asshole but can you please stop with the riddles? An image would be quite helpful, or a description of the Incubus "paintings". . .
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Eat me.

If you call that a riddle, I don't know what a riddle is.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

You know, I was trying to be kinda "polite" fuck if it's not the right word but yeah, go to Hell then. You only say "Incubus is in that way" and when you ask "where?" it looks like you say "go search for it" how I'll go search for a thing that I don't even know what the fuck it looks like? Nevermind, the middle finger for you and your "greatness".
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I explicitly state where the image of Incubus is depicted in both Silent Hill and Silent Hill 3. If you can't find the images from that, then there are bigger issues at hand—like, have you even played the games?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Yes I played these games, thank you. But I don't have an eye for everything like you have, I only know that there's pictures regarding the whole "creation" on SH3's church. I didn't knew about a picture of Incubus until now so yeah.

EDIT: I only asked for a information of some sort, where exactly can you find the Incubus picture, that's all. I know that it's in the church but where exactly?
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

It's in the "other church", as you know, right behind the altar. Use the self-view mode and you can clearly see that it's the Incubus. It's the only picture in the room, you'll be able to locate it easily : )
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Thank you, that's all I needed to know. If MMY did this long ago none of this nonsense would happen.

Sorry to ruin your thread, Sionnan. . .
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

No problem, but in MMY's defense, he did say:
The only image is of Incubus, behind the chalice and altar.
Which also gives you an idea of where to look, granted you already know that we are talking about the "other church", but you must considering the original topic of this thread.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^I thought that he was talking about the altar of SH1, in the Green Lion Antiques. It looked like that he was, seriously.

Nevermind, let's move foward. . . My bad if I made a "tempest inside a cup" for nothin'
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

We are talking about the altar in the antique shop in SH1. You know, when you go into the hole and find the "other church" with the altar and the chalice with the white powder and Harry says "I wonder what they worship?" Well, right in front of him is the picture.

But you are right, we've already drifted off topic enough for now.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

That's right, I knew about the SH1 Incubus "tablet" before. Then he said about SH3 and that was the climax of the "feud". Lol, so confusing. . .
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'm talking about the chapel in Silent Hill 3 as well. I said so in my second post, in response to Ryoshockwave's question, "did [Dahlia] see [the image of Incubus] before?"

In the chapel, there are several areas where the murals are painted on the upper half of the rooms. These murals depict a woman, Valtiel, and Incubus.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.