Question! (spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Question! (spoilers)

Post by Anonymous »

Okay, now my memory might be playing tricks on me, it's Alessa's room that does it..

But anyways, at either the end of 1 or 3 you walk out of Alessa's room and out into a hallway. You go down the stairs to the last boss.. But my question is this: Is that house the Wish House? Alessa's room and the hallway/stairwell? As in, the same Wish House in SH4? In SH4, you find that memo on the ground that talks about Walter and Alessa... in the Wish House. So... what's the deal?
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Dahlia had some affiliation with Wish House, since Wish House had affiliation with the cult, but Alessa wasn't an orphan and thus had no reason to live in there. Alessa's room is in the house in the SH1 intro.

I believe, and I don't know how many people will go with me on this, that when the procedure with Alessa didn't quite turn out like they had planned (Alessa falling into a coma and splitting her soul, for instance, was not something anyone in the cult had imagined happening.) Dahlia tried to play it off as if it'd be okay but you could almost assume the woman would be worrying and wanted to find a back up plan to ensure that if her first attempt didn't work, something else will. .. That's where I think this whole Walter business comes in. But uh. I haven't quite fleshed that idea out in full, so if it may take me a little time before I do.
Last edited by Mis Krist. on 08 Feb 2006, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
B5160-R

Post by B5160-R »

The house that was burned down, and in which she lived with her mother [Dahlia].

That was in SH1, by the way.
So-ooo...
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

So it isn't the Wish House, and Alessa was never there?
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Yes, it's not Wish House. And yes, Alessa never lived there--it's debatable if she visited or not. It's not completely impossible that she went there with Dahlia, but as far as living there...

I wish I could remember, exactly, what the note said.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, Alessa was friends with Walter, who was an orphan in Wish House.

Alessa also attended public schooling.

And Krist, the theory about Walter as a backup plan is one I like.

My version of it has the two sects fighting for political control of the cult, each performing their seperate rituals. I believe Dahlia failed and the political power went to the other end of the sect, Jimmy Stone perhaps.

Regardless of what some overzealous posters claim, I do believe the Mother Walter beleived in is the same Mother of God the cult has been centered around for ages. Kind of stupid for one cult, with two sects, to worship completely different mothers.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>the Mother Walter beleived in is the same Mother of God the cult has been centered around
Walter isn't trying to bring Alessa, the Mother of God, back to life. He's trying to birth God, known--by the Sect of the Holy Mother--as the Holy Mother.

It's the same God both Sects believe in, but referred to by different names. Not so much of a stretch, really.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

But...that's basically what I said.

It's the same God.
nbajammer
Just Passing Through

Post by nbajammer »

So Walter was trying to accomplish the same thing by different means? I thought Walter was trying to bring his "mother" to life? I just don't get it.
-----------
Tim

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/nbajammer][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/nbajammer.png[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

When he was younger, he thought he'd be brining his mother back. As he grew older, however, he realized that Dahlia Gillespie, Jimmy Stone, George Rosten, et al, were simply deceiving him for their own volition: They wanted to bring back God, which is also known as The Holy Mother. That's how they euchred Walter at such a young age: he didn't understand the difference between their god & his mother.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Which is why I personally believe that Walter does succeed is summoning God in the bad ending of SH4, and Walter's version of God takes the form of Room 302.

Who says God must take the form of a living being? Room 302 is now living.

Walter gets his God, child Walter then rests within the womb of his mother, Room 302.
zoso__IV
Just Passing Through

Post by zoso__IV »

Walter gets his God, child Walter then rests within the womb of his mother, Room 302
Perfectly said. That's what I've been thinking, I just couldn't put it into words.
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/zoso__IV/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/zosoivsig.jpg[/img]
Thanks for the sig Gray Fox!
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

The room has its own will, and leads whoever lives in there to its own world.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.