Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2019

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: So, what happens to the God's body?

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
After Harry defeats the Incubus, the Incubator gives Harry Heather. Then the otherworld 'collapses' and is, in theory, destroyed. My question is, wouldn't the Incubator's body perish in all of the flames-which would result in 'God' being destroyed forever, never being resurrected again? If this happens, how is god resurrected in SH3 if, in theory, she died when the otherworld was destroyed in Silent hill 1? Didn't the prophecy in SH3 state that god would be resurrected just once (never really resurrected in Origins)?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Or if this has been discussed before.
And yes, I've played all the games (except for Orphan 2-which probably doesn't have anything to do with this topic-still ordering it on my phone right now)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Mar 2008
Notes left: 201
The essence of the god was most likely already transferred to Heather's body. I don't recall the prophecy you speak of, but if it is so the most likely explanation is that god was not completely/properly resurrected in the original Silent Hill.

You'll probably be interested in this thread: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18724

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
God's soul went into the new Heather baby. The Incubator died, since, you know, Harry filled it with shotgun shells.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
Oh. So what you're both saying is that when Incubator died, her soul was transferred to Heather? That makes perfect sense. Very interesting, too.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
God is both the Mother and Daughter of Alessa/Heather. Through her, God is also reincarnating.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Feb 2010
Notes left: 135
Last seen at: Arizona Bay
AuraTwilight wrote:
God's soul went into the new Heather baby. The Incubator died, since, you know, Harry filled it with shotgun shells.

Isn't Alessa the incubator and the baphomet thing the incubus?

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2904
Edea, please don't open up that can of worms. Search Seperation Paradox on here and read the thread. Then you'll know how apocalyptic it can get.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Oh, ok. Sorry about that then. ^^;

Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1345
Last seen at: Ann Arbor, Michigan
God is a delusion.

You could reasonably argue that because of that, there is no real physical "birth" or "death" of God. God will come into existence when enough people can manifest her into being, with a little help from Silent Hill of course.

The Order created God, not the other way around.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Right behind you
Which is why the god can be manifested again in SH3, because enough of the order refuse to believe it was defeated so easily, and they refuse to give up hope of a rebirth and the coming of paradise.

=====================================================

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Actually, I think God's rebirth in Silent Hill 3 had more to do with Claudia helping Heather regain her memories.

If God had been inside Heather for all that time, and I mean physically there, it would have been picked up somehow. Or it would've done something to hasten its arrival instead of conveniently waiting for 17 years for Heather to meet Claudia.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jan 2010
Notes left: 791
DamienPales wrote:
Actually, I think God's rebirth in Silent Hill 3 had more to do with Claudia helping Heather regain her memories.

If God had been inside Heather for all that time, and I mean physically there, it would have been picked up somehow. Or it would've done something to hasten its arrival instead of conveniently waiting for 17 years for Heather to meet Claudia.

Err, wasn't the reason the God manifested was because Heather was filled with hatred by Claudia because of:
[spoiler]Harry's murder[/spoiler]
It probably wouldn't be able to do much as a fetus and it's not exactly likely that little Heather wandered around with enough hatred in her heart to made God be born early. Heather doesn't seem to have any of Alessa/Cheryl's memories until they start coming back to her in the Otherworld, so she's not going to be angsting about being barbequed by Alessa's nutjob of a mother as a child. Heather's not pregnant either so she's not going to be wandering around with a maternity bump for all to see and Harry wouldn't exactly be thinking "ooh, better pop to the doctor's and have Heather checked out because something might be in there that shouldn't be there."

Personally (and this is just my opinion), the God manifested in Silent Hill 1 wasn't at it's full strength, it hadn't been fully developed when Kaufmann decided to start throwing red vials all over the place and force it out early and so hadn't been properly born yet and as a result was able to go into the newborn baby the Incubator gives Harry at the end.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Yeah, but Heather begins to feel the pangs of God inside of her well before Claudia kills Harry. As a matter of fact, well before she even begins to feel any real hatred for her.

Alessa and Claudia were friends, so Alessa has no reason to hate Claudia until things get really personal halfway through.

I think hatred has more to do with nourishing the God, not necessarily with creating God in the first place.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

^[spoiler]I think it has to do with God being reborn in Heather, or rather with her after SH1. Its said to be able to reincarnate an infinite amount of times, just like Alessa, if I am not mistaken.

In my thoughts, "the God", being a delusion, is actually a demon feeding off peoples' minds. Giving them what they want if that makes sense. This is just my opinion, by the way, when I was looking at the effects of aglaophotis, the nurse/docs/Cybil in SH1, and some memos Harry and Alessa wrote that were found in SH3.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Edea on 05 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

I personally think that God was defeated so easily because it enters a physical form, which can die despite the divine spirit within it.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
KiramidHead wrote:
I personally think that God was defeated so easily because it enters a physical form, which can die despite the divine spirit within it.

If that's the case, God's presence couldn't have kept Alessa alive after her immolation. Self-preservation being one of its major observable powers, I doubt the Order's deity would have lost that power simply by physically manifesting. I'm fairly sure Kaufmann's aglaophotis weakened God to the point that Harry could finish it off.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

I don't think Aglophotis has anything to do with it. Harry can kill Incubator just as easily, and she never gets hit with the stuff.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

But the Aglaophotis has to do with causing God's premature birth and therefore, it does.

Post subject:

Urgh, I have to bring this up, but Incubator is God. It's one of the common misconceptions that Incubator is Alessa. In the bad endings, Dahlia refers to Incubator as God.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
That's such a huge can of worms, the opening of which is mostly why I don't wish to get involved in this discussion.

Even though you're totally right.