Can someone please explain?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Can someone please explain?

Post by The Adversary »

>Actually, correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression that the fire was actually an accident.<
Deal.
[u]Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition[/u] wrote:: What was the cause of the fire that broke out seven years ago?

A: A ritual that Dahlia performed using Alessa.

Dahlia originally thought that Alessa would follow in her own footsteps as a
spiritualistic medium for the cult, but realized that the ritual would be far
more likely to succeed if she used her as the surrogate mother to bring about
the descent of the cult's god. And so seven years ago, Dahlia performed the
technique to bring about the descent of the cult's god using Alessa in the cellar
of her own house. Although it seems the cult has a place they use for rituals,
Dahlia was confident that she would be able to summon the malevolent deity if
Alessa was the surrogate mother; therefore, as it was not necessary to choose a
location, she impulsively carried out the ritual in her own basement. The ritual
process involved a great deal of fire, which consequently escalated into a
conflagration. Incidentally, there is information in the game about "six houses
that burned down in the business district," but the actual site of the fire can't
be located on the business district map. It seems the houses were completely
torn down during those seven years.
The article explaining the fire as an accident was a fake report in order to keep the truth concealed—you know, like how The Order always operates, the same way readers were led to believe Alessa died when she was really kept alive via an incantation.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

The ritual process involved a great deal of fire.
I didn't read anywhere in there that it actually involved any sort of immolation.
The article explaining the fire as an accident was a fake report in order to keep the truth concealed—you know, like how The Order always operates, the same way readers were led to believe Alessa died when she was really kept alive via an incantation.
Again, evidence?

http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=97606
You yourself even said it was due to an antiquated boiler, now you're saying the boiler explosion record was altered. Origins has come out since then, but nothing in that game can really be taken at face value anyways...
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I can't believe you're seriously arguing against the firmly supported premise that Alessa was intentionally burned for the ritual and that her death was covered up.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

It's another reason why The Real Silent Hill Experience should never have been made.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

You don't seriously think I believe EVERYTHING that video says. Oh please tell me you know better.

And yes, I have considered the possibility that Alessa was intentionally burned and the article was part of a coverup, and will continue to consider it. This is just what makes the most sense to me. It's Silent Hill, so anything could happen.

"My word, the concept of someone being open to more than one possibility at once and coming to their own conclusions all the while acknowleding they might possibly be wrong. . :O It's totally inconceivable, the madness, the outrage..."
Last edited by Trauma_ on 26 Jan 2011, edited 2 times in total.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

AuraTwilight wrote:I can't believe you're seriously arguing against the firmly supported premise that Alessa was intentionally burned for the ritual and that her death was covered up.
Her death... Wasn't she supposed to be kept alive (but in a coma) for 7 years?

EDIT- Oops, meant to edit the post, not make another one, sorry.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>You yourself even said it was due to an antiquated boiler, now you're saying the boiler explosion record was altered.<
Posted: Sat 29 Apr, 2006 9:59 am

No one has ever read new information, or changed their minds, not once, in the course of nearly five years. Ever. In history.

Jesus Christ. You people. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Trauma_ wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I can't believe you're seriously arguing against the firmly supported premise that Alessa was intentionally burned for the ritual and that her death was covered up.
Her death... Wasn't she supposed to be kept alive (but in a coma) for 7 years?

EDIT- Oops, meant to edit the post, not make another one, sorry.
Well, this is the part that Origins totally screws up for me. The way the first game made me see things was that the only reason that Alessa was alive after the fire was that Cheryl, half her soul, was seperated from her, and therefore she couldn't die. The Order probably kept her out of constant torture through magic, but she was still in terrible condition.

Remember Lisa's line: "Why!? What is keeping that child alive!?"
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The Order probably kept her out of constant torture through magic, but she was still in terrible condition.<
Dahlia, via an incantation, kept Alessa in constant pain in order to nurture the god-fetus.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Trauma_ wrote:You don't seriously think I believe EVERYTHING that video says. Oh please tell me you know better.

And yes, I have considered the possibility that Alessa was intentionally burned and the article was part of a coverup, and will continue to consider it. This is just what makes the most sense to me. It's Silent Hill, so anything could happen.

"My word, the concept of someone being open to more than one possibility at once and coming to their own conclusions all the while acknowleding they might possibly be wrong. . :O It's totally inconceivable, the madness, the outrage..."

You forgot to forget I exist!
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Way to take what I said totally out of context.
No one has ever read new information, or changed their minds, not once, in the course of nearly five years. Ever. In history.

Jesus Christ. You people. . . .
Y u so mad bro. It's only a videogame. Now stop using your head as a buttplug and have a cookie.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I can respect how both of you are debating this topic, and how Adversary might seem mad, but I have the feeling this is going to break into a fight so...

Cake for everyone!
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^....want.....cake......
Wtf is up with everyone being so easy to offend lately, anyhow?

Oh well. It's just the internet. I'm sure nobody's like this irl.

I...hope?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'm only offended by certain types of wallpaper and stupid people.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

-.-...Not even going to dignify that with a response so, do with that what you will.
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

SilentWren wrote: Wtf is up with everyone being so easy to offend lately, anyhow?
Now that offends me, sir!

Seriously...There are clues and everything but it's almost impossible to reach an absolut truth about almost anything and SH is no exception. It's so hard to explain?Geez...You're gonna get a lot of wrinkles, that's for sure...The best thing about this forum is the many points of view we can get about the events of the SH series. Really, it's just a waste of time getting angry because other people don't agree/fed up with your theory...

For me, fire comes from a ritual performed by Dahlia, the article is a coverup, Alessa is kept alive so she can give birth to God and the like.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm just here for that cake.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Do want!
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Trauma_ wrote:-.-...Not even going to dignify that with a response so, do with that what you will.
No comment fail. For someone so new to the site, you sure are spammy.
Trauma_ wrote:And yes, I have considered the possibility that Alessa was intentionally burned and the article was part of a coverup, and will continue to consider it. This is just what makes the most sense to me.
Which part of "Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition" don't you understand?
It's Silent Hill, so anything could happen.
You know, the whole "LOLSH" thing is obnoxious and troll-tastic. If we were simply meant to assume that nothing at all functions on any logic or under any set of rules in the games, then they wouldn't be the puzzle that they are. They would be a mash of crap like the supposedly "LOL RANDOM" youtube videos that just leave you feeling empty inside unless you're easily delighted by color and things that bounce. What makes the games fun is that there are a certain set of rules to them, and the fans who come to this site enjoy figuring out what they are.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^To be fair, if the series followed all rules completely, we wouldn't need a thread about the inconsistencies of Origins.

Actually, where did that thread go? I've tried searching for it, and can't find it anymore.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128