Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
The UFO endings are canon.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2008
Notes left: 276
Last seen at: Silent Hill, trying to find my TARDIS.
Precisely. Aliens. It's always aliens.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
Or bunnies, if you are a Buffy fan. :D

Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2008
Notes left: 276
Last seen at: Silent Hill, trying to find my TARDIS.
.... Or maybe midgets?

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
Midgets.

I collect midgets. And bunnies. I have like, twelve in my closet. Anybody want some? My current client are the Aliens from Silent Hill.

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
They are not midgets, they are little people or nuggets. That's what Chelsea Handler tells me, and that is what I believe. :D
Some of you guys are new since last time I was on, so you have to know, I can be a bit flaky sometimes, so don't mind me. :D

Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Oct 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Blüdhaven
I always assumed she ended up in Silent Hill the same way Harry did, given that she does drive ahead of him; She swerved to avoid suffering a head on collision with Alessa and only she was transported into Silent Hill's otherworld, while her motorcycle remained overturned on the highway. Or maybe she was just driving along and she ended up there just by merely in Alessa's general area at the time. The first and not the latter sounds a little more plausible though.

Post subject:

SpaceProg wrote:
I always imagined Cybil was inadvertently (at least, on her end of things) drawn in to the events surrounding Harry. Sort of like Douglas in SH3 with Heather.

I agree. Most of the characters that are drawn into Silent Hill have a back story as to what happened to draw them there, but with Cybil and Douglas, not much is explained that would be a good enough reason for them to deserve to go there.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
How does Douglas not have a backstory?

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
As I understand it, for all the talk people make about the town 'calling' people, Silent Hill 2 is the only game where this actually happens.

We know that this didn't start until after the events of the first game, so I'm wondering if it wasn't a temporary effect with narrow application. Every other game has some kind of other explanation for the plane-shifting, and half of them don't even take place in the town anymore.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Apr 2006
Notes left: 318
Last seen at: Old Silent Hill
Quote:
Play Novel says she saw Alessa and swerved out of the way, hitting the base of the mountain, which is what I believe as well.

That is always what I have assumed to be what happened.
If SHPN has it that way, then that is what I am going to set in my mind as to what happened.

And if you throw in the stuff from the Movie, it says Cybil has been in town before.

Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
alone in the town wrote:
As I understand it, for all the talk people make about the town 'calling' people, Silent Hill 2 is the only game where this actually happens.

We know that this didn't start until after the events of the first game, so I'm wondering if it wasn't a temporary effect with narrow application. Every other game has some kind of other explanation for the plane-shifting, and half of them don't even take place in the town anymore.

So far, the only actual application of this seems to be in SH2... but it's an official statement of fact that the town indeed does so. It wouldn't make sense, to me, for the town to suddenly stop doing so when official guidebooks seem to imply that it does this for multiple people, not just one.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I'm not saying that it ever stopped, necessarily, only that the concept has been replaced by different explanations in the three sequels hence.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 May 2010
Notes left: 60
Last seen at: Alchemilla :3
[spoiler]In the Play Novel for Cybil's Story, she was going to Silent Hill because she lost contact with someone important to her there at the police station. Or something.[/spoiler]

It's been awhile since I looked that stuff off, but I believe that to be the gist of it.

And I'm also not quite sure if that's a spoiler. Better safe than sorry, though. XD

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2010
Notes left: 89
DamienPales wrote:
Play Novel says she saw Alessa and swerved out of the way, hitting the base of the mountain, which is what I believe as well.
It also has that weird sub-plot about Cheryl's friend stowing away in Harry's car on the way to Silent Hill, so I'm not sure we should take the PN as canon.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Oct 2009
Notes left: 50
choic wrote:
DamienPales wrote:
It also has that weird sub-plot about Cheryl's friend stowing away in Harry's car on the way to Silent Hill, so I'm not sure we should take the PN as canon.

Really, that sounds interesting, I want to......well I don't know what verb to use when talking about the Play Novel so I'm going to say play...play it now, friend thing just sounds like a fun time.

I always just thought that Harry and Cybil had been pulled into Silent Hill because they were headed there. Harry was going on vacation to the Resort town near where he adopted Cheryl, and Cybil was going to investigate the lose of communication with the Silent Hill police station. I mean the way the first game sets it up, it seems like it wants you to believe there is no Real Silent Hill left. Even though it appears most people believe that Foggy/Dark Silent Hill is a separate area from the real one that people are pulled into.

Of course then there is the theory that Harry was pulled into SH because of his connection to Cheryl, and that Alyssa's powers pulled Cybil in as a Guardian character for Harry.

But, whatever works for you.

And that is why I'm going to create a Silent Hill game, and many other games after that.

"Pre-Ablaze Believer"

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jun 2010
Notes left: 64
I simply believe that she got indirectly involved with the events of SH1. She just happened to be patroling the area at the time when Alessa brought Harry and Cheryl into Silent Hill. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Jul 2010
Notes left: 24
Last seen at: Somewhere you don't know
thats what you gotta love about silent hill its confusingly mind twistedly story... :D

Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Jun 2005
Notes left: 1868
Last seen at: Finland
DamienPales wrote:
I mean, yeah, Play Novel deviates from SH1's plot in several ways, if you choose options that don't coincide with what happened in the original game.

Whoa, I didn't even know there was even a hint of choice in that game!
I did have the Japanese version, though...
Just kept on beating the action button and pretty much watched the game complete itself.

But deviations you say? I saw nothing different from the ordinary.
What I remember about Cybil's scenario is seeing a glimpse of Cheryl, which she actually does mention in SH1.

Post subject: Re: how cybil ended up in silent hill

Missing since: 29 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2301
I always had the impression that she was drawn into alessas influence by the mere fact that cybil was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
It just works out that she helps harry.