"the Creep"

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Kiryu
Just Passing Through

"the Creep"

Post by Kiryu »

hello people of the forem. iam new and proud to be part of this site.

Anyway i thought i bring up something that is kinda obvious buuuut i dont know. i'll but a spoiler box just in case.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
when harry gets back to the boat after visiting the light house he says that the "creep" will probably be at the park with Cybil. wean i first played the game i thought he was refering to Alessa or Dalia as the creep. in later play throughs i found the phrase a little odd for ether one.

iam ether totally wrong or maybe iam on to something that got deleted. any other ideas?
The darkness is where the truth dwells. My job is to seek it.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

He's referring to Alessa. Remember, at that point, Dahlia's been helping him out, so he trusts her, and she refers to Alessa as a "demon in that child's form" that plans to pretty much cause the end of the world. Harry is under the belief that it was Alessa who kidnapped Cheryl.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Edea
Just Passing Through

Post by Edea »

Aura, is correct. In the memo of SH3 he was being led to believe that Alessa was a demon and that she took Cheryl as a sacrifice. But he becomes conflicted later on, given how much she looks like his little girl, and he feels that she is looking for someone to help.
Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"
katanamaster40
Just Passing Through

Post by katanamaster40 »

AuraTwilight wrote:He's referring to Alessa. Remember, at that point, Dahlia's been helping him out, so he trusts her, and she refers to Alessa as a "demon in that child's form" that plans to pretty much cause the end of the world. Harry is under the belief that it was Alessa who kidnapped Cheryl.
i agree wit it too
DAMN HR5 NARGACUGA!!!!
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Re: "the Creep"

Post by lyneea »

I agree with the above...but even so, I thought it an odd term to use as well. It just didn't quite fit somehow. They could have come up with a much better name for him to call her.
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

The first game's English script is rather... awkward. Much moreso than any of the other games'.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

True...perhaps it was just an awkward translation.
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I totally would've expected the "creep" to be a monster. No way in hell would I ever think of Alessa. The translators really needed to think about that. Oh well.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Well, it makes sense for him to be referencing Alessa.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
They're trying to stop the seals, Cybil and Harry split up to stop Alessa, he encounters Alessa at the top of the lighthouse, she vanishes, and when he returns to the boat it Cybil has not returned from her task yet.
It makes perfect sense that he was referring to Alessa as "creep." At least, I knew who he meant. : \
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not to mention he was sort of told Alessa was a monster.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Yeah, I thought it was Alessa too, I just thought it an odd name to call her LOL I could think of a dozen other names to call her before 'creep', but maybe that's a very American word to have used then? I think 'witch' would have been the top of my list.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I assumed it was Alessa and something was lost in translation, as creep is usually masculine.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Goodnight wrote:I assumed it was Alessa and something was lost in translation, as creep is usually masculine.

^^^This....it wasn't that big of a deal...i too thought it was something that was a wee bit lost in translation...