Sound Problem (*other than* handgun bug) on PS3

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

serpentarius
Just Passing Through

Sound Problem (*other than* handgun bug) on PS3

Post by serpentarius »

I bought the PSN version of SH1 thinking they'd have fixed the handgun sound bug, which they didn't. I've experienced it still, as well as a similar bug I've seen talked about, involving the rifle and the bosses. However, I can't seem to find anything about another sound problem that's bugging the crap out of me (no pun intended)-

Portions of the dialogue throughout the game are completely missing. Sometimes they get cut off while playing, but mostly lines of dialogue will just be absent from the cutscenes. Also, worst of all, the music that plays at the end of the UFO ending is missing as well. It was really infuriating, since IMO the music is the best part of the ending.

Has anyone else experienced this problem / does anyone know how to fix it?
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I had this problem. I suggest just getting your own copy online and running it on your computer via an emulator (which is completely legal, btw)
serpentarius
Just Passing Through

Post by serpentarius »

I wish I could, I have a notebook with barely enough processing power to run basic programs. It just saddens me that Sony saw fit to re-release the game on the PSN with more problems than the original disc has. I can't wait until they put out a new model PS3 with real backwards compatibility, not this bullshit.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I don't even bother with SH1 on the PS3- disc version or PSN version. I had to replace my PS2 because of this. The only glitch I experienced was the handgun glitch, but I didn't play very far into it on the PS3.

I even made sure I got a PS3 model that can play PS1 AND PS2 games... only to end up getting a PS2 again. :?

You're right: it's pretty ridiculous for the game to be sold on PSN without those glitches being addressed. I hope they might fix that sometime.
Sergei
Just Passing Through

Post by Sergei »

I know this doesn't help, but my brother recently purchased the game on his PSN account, and from what he was saying to me, his problems seem to be exactly like yours. So, at the very least, you can know you're not alone.

:( ... I told you it wouldn't help. I'd offer you my PS1 copy, but I'm afraid I might rip off your fingers if you try to touch it.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Well I'm glad I didn't get it off the PSN. I missed it when it was released on the european PSN. I have both the PAL original and platinum versions of the game on disk and I have the sound bug whenever I use the shot gun or the rifle. The rifle is the worst.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I too have had this issue and the handgun bug of course. Sadly no idea how to solve this issue but to turn on subtitles and read what they have to say. It's not like the voice acting is that great anyway.
snakesonaplane
Just Passing Through

Post by snakesonaplane »

serpentarius wrote:I wish I could, I have a notebook with barely enough processing power to run basic programs. It just saddens me that Sony saw fit to re-release the game on the PSN with more problems than the original disc has. I can't wait until they put out a new model PS3 with real backwards compatibility, not this bullshit.
Every PlayStation 3 can play PSone discs. If Sony was to BC PS2 games they would do it via software emulation. Which would mean that EVERY PS3 could get it.

Also all the blame cannot go on Sony for this one. Silent Hill is not their game it's Konami. AKA Konami needs to fix it. At most Sony could adapt the emulator to fix it but this could easily result in breaking more PS games.

If I'm not mistaken the bug is not in the PSP PSone emulator. I THINK.

OH BTW...

To fix the bug either:

- Load the game at a certain point. For example if you are in a building go to the next floor.

- I THINK:::::: Go into you menu then settings. Once you get out it should go away.