silent hill remake

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

silent hill remake

Post by SHF »

remember the resident evil remake for gamecube?
There were added creatures and areas, a defense mechanism for the protagonists, and the graphics were off the wall.
I always wanted there to be a remake for silent hill. Better graphics, and more areas to explore.
I dont mean a reimagining either. a remake.
any else have comments?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

I think that would be nice.
But not now. We've already got Shattered Memories recently and even though it's very, very different I wouldn't want to play another SH with similar settings and characters at the moment. I'd rather have something new.

But a few years from now? Hell yes!!! But no changes to the story (well, perhaps a bit more explanation about things). I'd want it to be more of an update to today's game standards. Next-gen graphics, good dialogue, smarter monsters, etc.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Maybe during the 15th or 20th anniversary. :mrgreen:
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

We should wait until the eight-generation of consoles (the new Sony brands, maybe tied in with the 3DS-if it sparks the next generation with 3D gaming) for a remake. Resident Evil 0 was originally going to be made on the N64, but they waited since they were at the end point of the generation, and it was finally released on the Gamecube with 100% better graphics.

So yes, a remake=win. Though we should wait until more advanced consoles are released.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

This has been talked about a hundred times already.
But yes, I agree. It would be nice to have a remake.
I think SM already killed the timing for a remake though.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Remakes should be for games that mostly blow yet have small followings, with the potential to have bigger followings.

Silent Hill doesn't fall into that category, so I vote No.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

Having a remake would be nice. Being able to see the blood/rusted Otherworld of Alessa in high quality HD with super graphics would be awesome! Although I really wouldn't want to see Dahlia that way... can you imagine my horror when she runs at the camera to kiss it?
*Insert Legendary signature here*
PyrmidHeadPwner
Just Passing Through

Post by PyrmidHeadPwner »

Yes, I would love that! But first I want SH 2,3,4 on one disc for the PS3 and/or Xbox...
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

A remake would be good, but now isn't the time. Plus we have Silent Hill 6 around the corner...but some time in the future it would be nice to have a remake
pistukas
Just Passing Through

Post by pistukas »

I would like to see a SH1 remake. But ONLY SH1...
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: silent hill remake

Post by Kaiza Killa »

helldescent wrote:remember the resident evil remake for gamecube?
There were added creatures and areas, a defense mechanism for the protagonists, and the graphics were off the wall.
I always wanted there to be a remake for silent hill. Better graphics, and more areas to explore.
I dont mean a reimagining either. a remake.
any else have comments?
I always felt that this should apply to Shadow Man, if anything. But yes, a remake for Silent Hill would be lovely. I cannot imagine there being any logical objections to such a suggestion either.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Ghost
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghost »

my vote is also No.

It is already a great game by itself, passing everything it intended to pass. For further aprimorations we have the sequels we so long wait for each time.
So I think a remake would be a desnecessary waste of time that could be spended on a sequel.
Father, why have you forsaken me?
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

i thought i saw it on a list of games they would like to 'HD-ise"
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Mr. Domino
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. Domino »

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake using this technology after they perfect it. (Although in all likelihood that will be a while yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqMRfpc ... re=related
I'm not a self-righteous, egotistical, arrogant bastard - but I play one on the internet!
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Ghost wrote:my vote is also No.

It is already a great game by itself, passing everything it intended to pass. For further aprimorations we have the sequels we so long wait for each time.
So I think a remake would be a desnecessary waste of time that could be spended on a sequel.
This. I don't see anything wrong with SH1, therefore, no need to fix it since it's not broken. I'd rather have a [good] sequel than have anyone mess with SH1, because I'd be afraid they'd do it a disservice by remaking it (changing things that shouldn't be changed, making it too flashy and less atmospheric, etc).
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Ghost wrote:my vote is also No.

Your statement assumes that remaking the game would require as much time and resources as making a new game. I am no expert, but I would seriously doubt that this is so.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

kaiza killa wrote:Your statement assumes that remaking the game would require as much time and resources as making a new game. I am no expert, but I would seriously doubt that this is so.
Of course it would require as much time and resources as making a new game. For one thing, fans would be expecting a lot more than a graphical update. People want more areas, more story, more puzzles, etc. Simply making the game look better would require time and money, not to mention updating content that was part of the original game as well as adding new content (which can make or break the remake).

One of the reasons why I'm so against remakes of anything (especially games that are already great, like Silent Hill) is that it's simply a waste of time, energy, and most important of all: money. I never cared for REmake, and I doubt I ever will; I can easily play the original Resident Evil today, as I did when I was 14/15 years old.

Oh, and of course, fans would demand a better combat system for the remake.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Nah. Apart from the voice actors and an occasional awkward translation, the game is fine. If not perfect. Why fix what isn't broken?
46n2
Just Passing Through

Post by 46n2 »

angelofROOM302 wrote:This has been talked about a hundred times already.
I'm inclined to agree about SM nixing that idea. I had initially hoped that SM was an actual remake. You figure that Planet of the Apes would have taught people how horrible re-imagining a beloved story/concept can be :?
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

46n2 wrote:
angelofROOM302 wrote:This has been talked about a hundred times already.
I'm inclined to agree about SM nixing that idea. I had initially hoped that SM was an actual remake. You figure that Planet of the Apes would have taught people how horrible re-imagining a beloved story/concept can be :?
Yeah, just one more reason for me to dislike Shattered Memories. And the creators being like "We didn't want to use that story because the movie already used that story". So many things wrong with a statement like that. But yeah, with SM and the movie, there's probably no hope for a true remake now.