Which ending do you prefer?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

The End

Good+
39%
Good
33%
Bad+
6%
Bad
15%
UFO
7%
Shutting the Game off before I finish it.
No votes

Total votes: 82

thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Which ending do you prefer?

Post by thy_butcher »

I like all of the endings a lot.
If I had to choose one as my favorite; it'd be the Good ending.
I like the thought of Harry overcoming this horrific scenario, but not without loss.
That's what Silent Hill is to me: a fine blend of conflicting emotions. It rings within your soul... a steady tone of hurt & understanding.

So, in the Good ending we have Harry going through all of this to lose his daughter, although he still leaves with a child.
Also, Cybil is killed. Don't get me wrong, I really adore Cybil.
She's Harry's only real ally; a comforting stranger. So when she dies it hurts bad. It might be shallow-ish, but I feel like that really rounds out the experience.
I do, however, like reading about these old theories where Harry is trapped in a loop (I wasn't a fan until 2009). I find it so fascinating. I view it like so: if Harry saw Dr. K use Aglaophatis on the Lady in White, then maybe in Next Fear, the next loop, Harry gets the subconscious notion to use the red liquid on a possessed Cybil.
Goose
Just Passing Through

Post by Goose »

I always liked the Good Ending. Not only is it cannon, but it wraps things up nicely while still leaving an air of mystery. My second pic would have to be the Bad Ending.
Silent Hill O, 1, 2, 3, 4, V.
ORIGINS FOR PS2!!!!!
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

Imma go with the UFO ending. Aliens high on White Claudia is the only rational explanation for all the crazy sh*t going on in Silent Hill, and you can't change my mind.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

What's with people saying the aliens are on PTV all of a sudden? Feel like I've seen that alluded to several times among the community.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

The Adversary wrote: 16 Mar 2023 What's with people saying the aliens are on PTV all of a sudden? Feel like I've seen that alluded to several times among the community.
I feel like in this town, aliens on drugs are on the more sane side of things. :lol:

Although, all jokes aside, i think its fun to come up with silly theories about our beloved series. It makes em more enjoyable imo :)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It makes sense. Dahlia was a robot, after all.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.