Is $47 a good deal for SH1...case + booklet?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Is $47 a good deal for SH1...case + booklet?

Post by v1nc3n+ »

I recently won Silent Hill on ebay and will receive it Sept. 5th. I purchased it for $47 and I'm just wondering if that was considered good, or should I resell it and then use the money I make from that to buy a sealed version?
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

No just keep it. You're lucky you found one with a booklet. Don't play games.... the only game you should be playing is SH1 when it gets delivered.
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

oh ok, thanks. Is the booklet really THAT rare?
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

I only paid $30 for mine, and the game, case, and booklet were in mint condition.

I'd just keep it. When you think about re-listing, re-selling, etc. it would probably have been less trouble to just keep the game in the first place.
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

Eh, true.

I'm just glad I finally got it.

I've been trying to get it for over a year now. :|
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

uh... i'd never pay over $30 for a game, personally. mine was only $25. it was going for $19 but the shipping was expensive. i lost a few auctions before getting it, though.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
AdjectiveRyan

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

l bought my copy (non-greatest hits w/booklet) for 65 dollars off of amazon. it was the cheapest complete l could find and l don't ebay. hate auctions...ever since happy gilmore...fuckin shooter mcgavin.
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

$47 is a little high, but worth the few extra dollars.
SH1 is not a common game you find in stores these days.

When my nephews broke my SH1 and RE3, it took me more than a yr to finally find a copy of SH.

I too would pay $47 if I did not have one.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I agree with Gio. The game is now too rare for you to sell it again. Just play it and enjoy! :)
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

iv been looking for this game for over a year now too,and won it on eBay for $47 also.it came with the case and booklet,the game was perfect.everything was in mint condition,and i think i got s good deal.even though the game is a greatest hits version.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

oh, mine is the original version...not greatest hits :/. I have greatest hits edition of SH2 though :(...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well then, why the sad smiley, dear? It's bloody great that you've found an original copy of SH1 with the booklet, eh? If the sadness betides to be due to the fact that your SH2 edition isn't the original, then you should actually deem yourself jammy - I've felt humbugged when the greatest hits version contained the "Born From A Wish" scenario, whereas my original copy had naught of it.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

v1nc3n+ wrote:oh, mine is the original version...not greatest hits :/. I have greatest hits edition of SH2 though :(...
If I didn't have one and had to choose, I'd want the original. There's not a difference or extra stuff like there is in SH2. thankfully I had the game when it came out and then bought the greatest hits and had another copy, which was only $7 in a bargain bin. I feel bad for all the people who didn't/couldn't buy this in 1999, because after the movie came out the price just skyrocketed. One month when money was tight I sold one of my 3 copies for $65.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

I have had this game three times. i still have the book and the case and the disk but the disk freezes everytime just before the first cutscene. i ende up gettin the rom offline and i just emulate it now. I just wish that there was a way to gamegeniue or shark with ePSXe
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

Sold it for $65? Wow. And yeah, I like the Born From a Wish scenario in SH2...never quite understood it, though.

And eh, I'd rather have the real thing than an emulated version :/
AdjectiveRyan

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

l have originals of the first 2 and of course regs of 3 & 4 (no gh, is there?) l am looking for a greatest hits of two. prolly gonna hit these two pawn shops tomorrie on my quest. speaking of which, if you have all the endings on the original and get the gh and play, does it recognize your saves to be able to get the ufo ending? l'm thinkin yeah, but there's always an off chance.
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

I would think it would also, but I'm not sure
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

AdjectiveRyan wrote:l have originals of the first 2 and of course regs of 3 & 4 (no gh, is there?) l am looking for a greatest hits of two. prolly gonna hit these two pawn shops tomorrie on my quest. speaking of which, if you have all the endings on the original and get the gh and play, does it recognize your saves to be able to get the ufo ending? l'm thinkin yeah, but there's always an off chance.
if i recall, the ps2 version saves of sh2 are not compatible with each other, but i dont even have my ps2 with me right now so i can't really check or remember exactly.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
YHWH

Post by YHWH »

The fuck? I got my copy quite recently for $17 (virtually like new, booklet included) at a video game store. No way in hell I would pay more than twenty for it.
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

Where I live it is IMPOSSIBLE to find. All the EBs, Gamestops, etc. near me told me "Good luck ever finding it here".

So I'm quite happy for receiving it and would gladly pay any amount for it.