SH1 PSP Glitches...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

SH1 PSP Glitches...

Post by WolfSiberia »

Did search, found nothing, so, if a thread already exists about this, my baddddd.....

I just recently downloaded SH1 on the PSP, even though I own it on PS1.

Well, I noticed a few graphic glitches within moments of playing.

1 - The loading screen where Harry runs and an after image appears and fades doesn't fade. It remains on the screen, making Harry a giant blob thingy. It's weird.

2 - Right after the 'Beware of Dog' gate, the snow that went over Harry turned black. It was rather strange...(EDIT - This happens in other areas too, but this was the first I noticed it in. The second time I noticed it was after exited the Cafe.)

EDIT
3 - Framerate issues. The game will sometimes slow down in areas that the PS1 version didn't.

4 - Sometimes, when walking through a door, the screen will freeze until the next area loads, unlike the original version where the screen would go black.

5 - Sound glitch. I haven't had this personally. Some say after firing the handgun, there is a buzzing noise. I also heard of a sound glitch after beating Midwich, but I'm not past it yet, so I wouldn't know.
Last edited by WolfSiberia on 29 Jun 2010, edited 3 times in total.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

As far as I can tell, I've had no problems with it. I didn't get the PSN version, though.
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

aparant sound glitches to
Youma Taisan!
PyrmidHeadPwner
Just Passing Through

Post by PyrmidHeadPwner »

I never experienced any sound glitches or black snow or anything else. BTW, that was snow?
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Funny, those are the same problems I ran into playing the game on ePSXe. Apparently, it's just an emulation issue. You'd think Sony would have no issue with emulating their own product, but then, PS1 is pretty old as it is. Dunno.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

kumiko wrote:aparant sound glitches to
The sound glitch is on the PSN download if you play it on PS3 isn't it? The big horrible buzzing? Or is that on the PSP version too?
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

think its on both Yana
Youma Taisan!
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I recently bought the digital version for use on my PSP, and I just beat it about two minutes ago. Apart from a tiny bit of lag when the game is loading up a cutscene, I haven't noticed any game breaking glitches like the horrible ringing noise when you shoot a gun(which did happen when I played my hard copy on my PS3). I haven't tried playing the digital copy on the PS3, but I'll check later.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

This can be a stupid question but here goes... how did you guys managed to play on PSP if we don't have all the buttons there? There's only 2 buttons on the top and if I am not mistaken (it's been a while since i've played SH1) we need the 4 buttons on the PS control...
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Scarlet wrote:This can be a stupid question but here goes... how did you guys managed to play on PSP if we don't have all the buttons there? There's only 2 buttons on the top and if I am not mistaken (it's been a while since i've played SH1) we need the 4 buttons on the PS control...
You can customize the controls using the Home button. I assigned L1 and R1 to left and right on the analog stick respectively, and pressing down on the stick (Function L1+R1) does the 180 turn. It works great for me, but people who played Silent Hill 1 using the analog stick to move Harry might have a problem.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Thanks much aj4x94. I think I'll try that. I usually don't use the joystick to move Harry, so I guess that shouldn't be a real problem :)
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Yana wrote:
kumiko wrote:aparant sound glitches to
The sound glitch is on the PSN download if you play it on PS3 isn't it? The big horrible buzzing? Or is that on the PSP version too?
kumiko wrote:think its on both Yana
I just got passed the 'Other Church' and haven't heard it.
Although, I watched a playthrough someone did on an emulator, and I heard a -slight- buzzing in just random parts of the game. Maybe it was just the video?
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Maybe. I've never experienced the sound bug on any emulator I've used. Of course, I use the better plugins available, and they may have been using a shitty or the prewrapped sound plugin.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Re: SH1 PSP Glitches...

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Yeah, I honestly can't imagine using the analog stick to move the main character in a game with 3D style tank controls.

Then again I can't imagine using the analog stick for a racing game and my best friend says he can't imagine NOT using the analog stick.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Yeah the sound on the emulated versions sucks. I also remember this other glitch that showed Harry's arm and a leg disappear and reappear randomly. It was pretty funny.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
SHF

Post by SHF »

are you sure you downloaded the game right
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

The sound bug from the PS3 is not on the PSP version. I've had the black snow and the Harry loading screen glitch, but that's it.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

I had a freaking crazy glitch, in the cutscene after you kill Cybil Harry was missing his left leg, then when it got to the part with Lisa the graphics screwed up completley and everything was black, or grey with no textures, I got so frustrated cuz when I had to reset my PSP and start from the boat again. But anyway, other than that i didn't run into any glitches,
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

I always have that loading screen glitch on the PSP of Harry running, and it looks like the guy grown 8 legs. Animation lag.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!