Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 15 Dec 2018

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Ps3 fucks with my game

Missing since: 02 Feb 2010
Notes left: 504
Last seen at: Birmingham
Just finished my first play-through of Silent Hill 1 that I downloaded to my PS3 Slim from the PSN Store. I played half yesterday and last half today and got the good+ ending. The game played perfectly and the only hiccup I noticed was sometimes, when characters where talking, if a character said a one word line the audio would skip that line.
Example:
Harry Says:
"What?"
"What is going on here?!"
You never hear the first "What", you only hear the second line and the caption for both lines are displayed on the screen. This occurred maybe 4 or 5 times. That's it! It never froze or glitched once. You do have to create a virtual PS1 memory card though. Just thought I'd pass this info along to some of you "would be" buyers.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 06 Aug 2010
Notes left: 134
Last seen at: Brahms Police Department
go to the game menu and swich the audio to mono. it helps

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 21 May 2010
Notes left: 1241
I never knew the ps3 could play ps1 games...is it specific versions or can al ps3 systems play ps1 games?....i have the 40g version....on a side note...i gotta upgrade my harddrive...i've been have to delete game data to load new games i've purchased...i still have the original SH disk,...if i can play that on my ps3, it'd be great.

The only reason i haven't played any of my ps1 games is because i don't have a ps1 memory card for them.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 01 Jan 2011
Notes left: 6
I have the PSN version and the disc version. Yeah, playing the disc on the PS3 makes that horrible irritating noise, and playing the PSN version on my HDTV sucks. Switching it over to the PSP is good, but the control scheme is iffy...what settings does anyone have the PSP controls set to for the PSN version?

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 08 Feb 2004
Notes left: 1752
clips wrote:
I never knew the ps3 could play ps1 games...is it specific versions or can al ps3 systems play ps1 games?....i have the 40g version....on a side note...i gotta upgrade my harddrive...i've been have to delete game data to load new games i've purchased...i still have the original SH disk,...if i can play that on my ps3, it'd be great.

The only reason i haven't played any of my ps1 games is because i don't have a ps1 memory card for them.

As far as the memory card issue is concerned you need not fret! :) If you don't mind having to start your PS1 games from scratch, the PS3 has a little built in program that allows you to make virtual memory cards for both PS1 and PS2.

I'm a little rusty on which PS3s can play the disk versions of PS1 and 2 games. I myself have the fat 20gb model that I've had since 07 and it plays both just fine, and a 120gb slim model that I have not tried disked games on, but I know plays the PSN version of PS1 games just fine.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 08 Aug 2008
Notes left: 144
The only bug I've encountered in my PSN download is the high pitched noise emitting once the larva has been defeated. It stops when the cutscene with Lisa takes place in Alchemilla.

I'll need to try my disc version with the 250gb and the 60gb in my home soon to see if they encounter similar issues.

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 21 May 2010
Notes left: 1241
Calamity wrote:
clips wrote:

As far as the memory card issue is concerned you need not fret! :) If you don't mind having to start your PS1 games from scratch, the PS3 has a little built in program that allows you to make virtual memory cards for both PS1 and PS2.

I'm a little rusty on which PS3s can play the disk versions of PS1 and 2 games. I myself have the fat 20gb model that I've had since 07 and it plays both just fine, and a 120gb slim model that I have not tried disked games on, but I know plays the PSN version of PS1 games just fine.

Thanks...i never knew that....i'll try to run my original SH disk on my 40g model and see what happens.....if i can't run it, it's no big deal, but thanks for the info.... 8)

Subway Guard

Missing since: 22 Aug 2010
Notes left: 1587
This happened to me and my friend on many occasions whenever we would use guns, so I basically tried to avoid using guns except for the first enemy and the bosses, beat it on hard mode that way! :D