moth boss

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Re: moth boss

Post by Harrys_Girl »

It isn't dust, it is cells. That is why you shouldn't handle moths/butterflies, our fingers actually shred layers of cells off the wings. Also, was there a point to that post? Just wondering, cause this topic isn't about moths in general, but the moth in SH1.

I don't think there is a specific style it was modeled after, just the there isn't a specific style of worm that the larva was modeled after. They were generic w/ add freak factors, i.e. stinger, poisonous mist, etc.
Secretions
Just Passing Through

Post by Secretions »

Harrys_Girl wrote:Also, was there a point to that post? Just wondering, cause this topic isn't about moths in general, but the moth in SH1.
The topic had digressed slightly a few times ("Moths scare the hell outta me *shivers*...", "I really don't understand why people are so scared of moths.", etc), so just sharing why I personally found them, and consequently the one in the boss fight, a tad freaky. And also why I can't kill it fast enough. :)

I do wonder, however, if the moth is at all represented in the butterfly/moth collection in Alessa's room, or if the features (other than the stinger) of the moth are an amalgam of a few of those. I can't recall if you could see really any detail with the collection, or if it was just a blurry pixellated texture on the wall, though.
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Blurry pixelation is correct about EVERY THING in the game. This page has a closer view of both the worm and the moth, and it also states:
"The image of an insect specimen that was used to decorate Alessa's room."
So yeah, it was the same as the ones in her room.