Lisa as a playable character?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Lynch

Post by Lynch »

Well, idk if thats true but it would of been pretty neat to play as maybe cheryl or cybil?
maybe like in RE4 where you get to play the counterpart as ada, maybe the same for cybil would of been nice.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

@ Lynch: What're you thinking isn't true?
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

What do you mean, MariaRising?

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Lynch

Post by Lynch »

i was thinking that lisa as a playable isnt true, or was gonna be true, or w/e
katanamaster40
Just Passing Through

Post by katanamaster40 »

Corva09_im wrote:
nur_ein_tier wrote:I find this pic to be a lot more similar to the Harry pic than that one, actually.
Yes, it's true. I have already saw it before in other web, but it's strange, I mean, isn't very similar to any existing character, unless a "young" Dahlia ... or something like that.

And there is another that catches my attention:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Is that Harry? It's kind strange too

yeah i agree too...weird...
DAMN HR5 NARGACUGA!!!!
katanamaster40
Just Passing Through

Post by katanamaster40 »

yup i think using lisa as a character would...Suck!
DAMN HR5 NARGACUGA!!!!
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Slightly going off...it would be cool to have an SH game where you play through as the 'main' character, but once you've done, it unlocks the ability to play through as the other characters you've met along the way from the perspective. I'd like it anyway LOL
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
Modesty
Just Passing Through

Post by Modesty »

I would love it, simply because I love any excuse to play a game from a different perspective!
Though I can't know for sure, how things worked out for us
No matter how hard it gets, you have to realize
We weren't put on this earth to suffer and cry
We were made for being happy, so be happy
For me, for you, please...
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

And to not feel sad at going back and starting a game again as soon as you've finished it LOL
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
Modesty
Just Passing Through

Post by Modesty »

I know! But sometimes, you're not ready for a game to end and no other came fills that craving! So you replay it!
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Agreed!

Poor Lisa, always sidelined...she barely even made it to the film!
Modesty
Just Passing Through

Post by Modesty »

But she had very cool tears though! :D
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

But I'm not sure she'd agree LOL ;-)
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Lisa's not a goddamn angel like "everyone" think. She's far from it.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

I should hope not, that would just be boring...LOL
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Re: Lisa as a playable character?

Post by Arsonist »

Lisa's supernaturally compelled against leaving that one room. Her gameplay would suck ass.
Ninja’d by… a month or so… Damn.

Still, she isn’t unable to leave one room, it’s just the hospital (she appears to be some kind of walking, personified, Seal of Metatron for Alchemilla). It would still suck ass though.

Another reason why I wouldn’t want Lisa as a sub scenario protagonist/co-op/tagalong or anything of the sort, is because over the course of the series, we learned plenty about her.

We got more then enough info in SH1, a little bit more in SH3 and lost memories, a lot in SHO and probably a whole lot more in Silent Hill: Cage of a cradle, a comic by Hiroyuki Owaku and Masahiro Ito, which, sadly, no one outside of Japan has ever read.

Silent Hill 1 character I’d like to know more about is Cybil Bennett. We are given nothing about her past, no reason for her apparent trust of Harry, she’s just kind of there. Which is sad, because I think she had potential. (I know she’s given a back story in the Play novel, but that thing isn’t cannon, and the back story is changeable and sucks either way)

Ideally, you’d meet her in the hospital after Dahlia, and would go with her to the Green Lions (getting there would be a bit more complicated, possibly involving a fetch-quest, similar to the keys of eclipse) and on the way her and Harry could exchange a few words. We’d learn more about Cybil, her job, Silent Hill’s drug trade AND we would learn more about Harry, his wife, Cheryl and his job as an author. Then some shit would happen, like having Cybil hurt by a monster near the Green Lions, thus giving us a rational excuse as to why Harry would be the one to enter the secret entrance and not a trained police officer.

There, that wasn’t so hard! Now we’re given a bigger emotional response to her bossfight, more info, and the Good+ endings and the alt intros implication that Harry and Cybil will raise the baby together wouldn’t seem so random.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Lisa as a playable character?

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I think it would've been totally unnecessary for Lisa to be a playable character. However, before I found out you play as Cybil in the play version on Game Boy, I thought you play as Lisa instead. It wouldn't be fun. You'd just be sitting there and hearing her complain about Harry not being around and not being able to leave the hospital. That's just annoying and not good for a game.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.