Any "before I buy" warnings?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Any "before I buy" warnings?

Post by Goodnight »

Have you played it yet, Everfield?

I don't think warnings from us will do much. We can't really tell you much without ruining surprises, which would take away from your experience. I find SH1 the most challenging Silent Hill title, and apart from the Closers in SH3, no other enemies bother me more than the ones in this game.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

everfield wrote:Are there anythings in this one that I should kind of stay on guard for so it doesn't give me a heart attack?!
If you're serious about not wanting to be startled, here is the most startling moment that I can think of for you to be on guard for. I'm putting it as a spoiler not because it's a story-spoiler, but it obviously will pretty much ruin the element of surprise in that moment- although I'm only going to tell you the moment to look out for, not exactly what will happen.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The second time that you open a locker in the school's locker room (in the nightmare school), you'll want to be on guard as you turn and walk away from the locker.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

OH OH OH! And
When running through the sewers, just before going through the door that is locked, in which you have to get the key, there will be a loud BANG!
Even after like 500 playthroughs, that STILL makes me jump. IDK why, I am never expecting it, even though I know it is coming.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I still jump at both of those moments lol
Be prepared for a great storyline, older graphics and to be on your toes. Enjoy! :D
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I don't think it's cool to write spoilers here, even if they're marked as such.
SH should be played with intensity and even fear!!!!! I still remember when I play it for the first time... what an awesome feeling!!!!
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

This one has the most vague storyline in the series, though it is told well, pay attention to what Lisa says. The graphics are older but like has been said it actually makes the game scarier, and in terms of style I like the graphics better than 3,4,Origins, and Homecoming. The music, for the most part, is scary not pretty. This game has the best opening video of any game ever IMO. There is some good FMV. The voice acting starts out horrible but gets better as the game goes on. You may need a guide for a couple of puzzles but give them a serious attempt. Dr. Kaufman kicks ass. The first boss fight is the scariest thing in the series IMO. The game is just a little harder than SH2 and has more shock scares. You actually have some otherworld transitions of the entire town, which is awesome. Look for random items around the town, you'll need them more than SH2. On Normal difficulty, the Merry Go Round fight is the most difficult. When you get to the resort area, look for lots of different things to do. Play in the dark with the sound up. Finally, tell us how you like it.

Enjoy!
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.