Power in her finger tips

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Re: Power in her finger tips

Post by SilentWren »

Yeah, I'm a witch actually, but I was just saying that ritual magic in the real world (obviously) doesn't work like that. There's complicated stuff going on here. They've got some serious mojo over in that Cult <3
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The area of Silent Hill later becoming her playground of chaos.<
That's not really true, though. Alessa may have created the [otherside], but she isn't necessarily in control of it. The town's power made her fears and worries manifest. The monsters aren't puppets she has on strings, attacking Harry.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

SilentWren wrote:Yeah, I'm a witch actually, but I was just saying that ritual magic in the real world (obviously) doesn't work like that. There's complicated stuff going on here. They've got some serious mojo over in that Cult <3
Well, obviously. It's a fictional universe where magic acts more like the stuff of Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia instead of the symbolical, semi-metaphorical and subtle forms of magic practiced by real life paganism.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^I just wanted to say that the way you worded that was epic.

But I don't think it's really on the same level as LOTR. Having a messed up haunted town is one thing, but in the universes you referenced, the entire known multiverse was like that.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

>That's not really true, though. Alessa may have created the [otherside], but she isn't necessarily in control of it. The town's power made her fears and worries manifest. The monsters aren't puppets she has on strings, attacking Harry.

What you say is true. I was speaking more in reference to her using it to evade her mother during the playthrough.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Joseph »

SilentWren wrote:But I don't think it's really on the same level as LOTR.
I thought Aura was sarcastic.
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I was drawing a comparison between universes where magic has blatant, unignorable effects that fly in the face of everything we know about the natural world, as opposed to real-life magic as practiced by paganism, that sees it as a subtle manipulation of luck and chance in ways that a normal person could chalk up to lucky coincidences.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

What?!?!Whatthefuckisnormalanywayfuckyou.....

(Just kidding!)

Ok, I understand what you were saying now, but the 'magic' is Silent Hill follows an odd set of rules, and I am wondering why. I can't get into anything about Shepard's Glen without copying everything that was in Drew's other thread, so I won't bother.

It just seems like the rules of the otherworld change too much. I know it is specific to the individual, but still.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Ok, I understand what you were saying now, but the 'magic' is Silent Hill follows an odd set of rules, and I am wondering why.
It's magic, is why.
It just seems like the rules of the otherworld change too much. I know it is specific to the individual, but still.
Magic is one thing, the Otherworld is another. The Otherworld follows some rules that are simple, but allowing for emergent complexity:

1) People can be brought into the Otherworld from reality
2) The Otherworld magnetically attracts people with darkness in their hearts (darkness meaning not necessarily evil or guilt, but things one can't bear to face about themselves, even if it's just intense loneliness).
3) The Otherworld brings the unconscious content of your mind out and makes it a physical reality, like a mirror, or a canvas for the "paints" of your soul.
4) The Otherworld can ignore time and space; it does this in order to allow thoughts to communicate without barriers, linking people who are "similar". This is why James meets the other characters, and this is how ghosts persist. It may also explain clairvoyant visions of the future characters have had.

The world of SH4 is not the Otherworld, by the way, but a separate dimension Walter created with it's own rules.
flipain
Just Passing Through

Post by flipain »

I suposse there could have been other Otherworlds spawned from other peoples along the history of Silent Hill, right? Or maybe Alessa was the first with such powers? I don´t know if in the games they say something about this.
But... it's the same than SH2, there, normal people, like James, and Angela, entered an Otherworld that hadn't nothing to do with Alessa, but that shares similarities with her Otherworld, like the the look of the monsters, and being all detroyed with the bottomless rifts in the streets, and the rusty and bloody metallic grates in all the buildings...
Maybe all the Otherworlds shares common themes, even before Alessa, what you think?
SHF

Post by SHF »

ashatteredmemory wrote:As i have learned from the series is that Alessa had powers from her own; Dahlia abused them in order for Alessa to bring forth God. This backlashed ofcourse, causing otherworlds and the story of SH1
In 3 we learn that Dahlia possibly has some powers, and causes God inside Heather to stir again, leading up to the story in SH3
You mean Claudia possibly has some powers in sh3, not dahlia lol.
You are correct though otherwise
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]