Platforms

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

hb02
Just Passing Through

Platforms

Post by hb02 »

I bought SH when it first came out, then lent it out to someone and it got lost. Its been many years, but i think i've finally reached the point where i can't ignore the craving to play SH again.

Has SH ever been ported to the PC, or is it only available on PS1? I really want to get my hands on a copy again. Its been too long.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: Platforms

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

It was only released on PS1. However, I think it might be available on PSN.
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

Can get plenty of copies on ebay at a good price that is not over the odds. Pretty sure if you look around can be via emulators aswell
Youma Taisan!
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

If you have PS3 you can download it from the PSN store.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^ Yeah but don't forget to say about the sound glitch of the one from PSN. It's gone now?
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Mephisto wrote:^ Yeah but don't forget to say about the sound glitch of the one from PSN. It's gone now?
Last time I played it was in September. The glitch didn't bother me, the text was there. Here's what I wrote back in September:
krakalackin wrote:Just finished my first play-through of Silent Hill 1 that I downloaded to my PS3 Slim from the PSN Store. I played half yesterday and last half today and got the good+ ending. The game played perfectly and the only hiccup I noticed was sometimes, when characters where talking, if a character said a one word line the audio would skip that line.
Example:
Harry Says:
"What?"
"What is going on here?!"
You never hear the first "What", you only hear the second line and the caption for both lines are displayed on the screen. This occurred maybe 4 or 5 times. That's it! It never froze or glitched once. You do have to create a virtual PS1 memory card though. Just thought I'd pass this info along to some of you "would be" buyers.
LittleRed
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleRed »

I played my PS1 Disc version in my PS3 and it produced this awful high pitched noise when flyign monsters were around.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ For me that happened when firing guns in many situations. I only used guns during boss fights and muted the game then. Was playing on hard mode so kinda impressive-ish.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Melisande
Just Passing Through

Post by Melisande »

I had the same issue with the disc in my PS3.

To get the noise to stop all you have to do is equip a melee weapon then exit the screen back to the game, then you can re-equip a gun.
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

i have a rare image of a nintendo 64 version
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Melisande wrote:I had the same issue with the disc in my PS3.

To get the noise to stop all you have to do is equip a melee weapon then exit the screen back to the game, then you can re-equip a gun.
I'll try this next time I play. It's always been really frustrating that the first shot fired produces this glitch but I've also heard of numerous other sound glitches. It seems like the PS3's emulator is really not fond of the game. Maybe it's scared lol
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
MuffinCraft
Just Passing Through

Post by MuffinCraft »

I have the PSN version downloaded on my PS3. So far I've experienced no glitches. I thought there was the radio sound glitch that I've seen mentioned before when monsters were killed with guns (radio doesn't stop going off until you leave the area). This happened when I killed a monster with the pipe too, but I'm not entirely sure it's a glitch or it's just part of the original game (since I've never played it before).

If you walk up to the monsters on the ground, even if they appear dead and don't get back up, if the radio is still going off just hit X and you'll step on them which finally kills the monster and makes the radio stop. Only downside to PSN version with the HDTV hookup is an incredible amount of pixels on the screen lol.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

But with the PSN version, you can also play it on the PSP. I found it enjoyable to do so.
I need to actually try my physical copy on my PS3 though, just to see these famouse glitches. lol
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Postcode
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Postcode »

I just played my PS1 copy on the PS3 and noticed a few glitches, wish I'd realised before I started it or I'd have just played it on the PS2. It seemed fine until I got about halfway through the game and then that high-pitched gun-related noise turned up. Also the animation froze towards the end of the last cutscene with Lisa, but thankfully it was fine when it reverted to the game screen. None of it really spoils the game as such but it's a little annoying.
For anyone that might be interested in such things, some links to my music, of the alternative rock kind -
http://postcode.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/zebracore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Postcode/99794277098

And my Post-Rock band Nanaki -
https://nanaki.bandcamp.com
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

silenthillking wrote:i have a rare image of a nintendo 64 version
I like how this was ignored. :lol:

The annoying noise glitch on PS3 is the reason I replaced my (sadly broken) PS2, then cursed my meticulous purchase of a backwards-compatible PS3. I was too disgusted to play long enough to see if there were other glitches.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

There is a PC version but it they say its like epsxe. I played it and didnt have any problems wih the pc version
Brispir
Just Passing Through

Post by Brispir »

I have the game on emulator on my PC. I don't remember where I found it (and posting a link may be against TOS anyway). Though before anybody gives me hell about it.... I DO have the original Silent Hill disc and I'm looking at it right now... (and no I won't part with it).
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Emulators are fine as long as you own the media you're using on them.

I play many Gamecube games on my PC because my Gamecube finally gave up the ghost a few years back. It's a poor substitute, but I WANT MY TWILIGHT PRINCESS.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================