Just a thought on Harry Mason

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Just a thought on Harry Mason

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I will agree that Harry Mason is a very fascinating character, but I do agree that there really isn't anymore information about him that can be put into another game, unless, like mentioned above, a retcon was involved, which I absolutely hate. Though knowing things about his life, his work as a writer, and etc could be interesting, that would have nothing to do with Silent Hill at all, and would rather be called "The Adventures of Harry Mason" or something like that. Let's just respect what we know of Harry Mason already. I think adding more information would just water his amazing character down.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

Other than Harry appearing in some Adult literature or Films I think he is best left alone. "Huh? Radio.. what's going on with that radio?" Bowcheekawowow... you don't want to know Harry. You just do not want to know.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

^^^Haha...one of the things that was so great about SH1 was the dialogue...it was so bad, it was good....and i agree...i think Harry's character should be left alone...there really is nothing else to explore concerning his character.
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

While I am always up for character development, I would be really iffy about it. Some things just shouldn't be messed with. It would have to be done in a very particular way for me to approve of it.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
GrateSeeker
Just Passing Through

Post by GrateSeeker »

It would be interesting to see more of Harry's persona within a remake type game. Just aslong as they don't change the game to much. I guess its a risk but risks can turn out to be very rewarding.

Hmmm... When did I end up here ?
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I would say no on a remake, we already know everything about Harry that we need to. I mean, it's part of this series' nature to give us very little info, just what's needed, and interpret events or anything else the way we see fit.