PSN Version

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

PSN Version

Post by Eric-3 »

I've never played the first Silent Hill and I was considering getting the PSN version to play on a PS3. I've heard that the game has some issues on the PS3 though, like

-high-pitched noises when you shoot certain enemies
-lines of dialogue that are only one word long get cut off
-some music not playing properly

Are those issues still present? Are there any other technical issues with it?
Would you recommend still getting it on PSN?
Last edited by Eric-3 on 09 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: PSN Version

Post by VenusDoom »

Yes. If you dont wanna find it for PS1, I STRONGLY reccomend the PSN version. It's worth it, and cheap! I play it on my cousins PS3 and my PSP, the glitches are rare for me.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

The last (and only) time I saw the original PS1 disc in a store was a few years ago, and it was a little expensive for me. So finding it for PS1 is probably not an option.
Thanks for the input.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I have the PSN version and it works like a charm, it's only like 7 bucks in the PS Store. I definitely recommend it.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

The issue is with the PS3's emulator, not with the ROM, itself. I've had sound issues with my PSX disc, the same ones people describe from the PSN version.

At the end of the day, it's always best to play a game on the machine it was intended for.
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

I've got the PSN version as well and never had any problems.
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

Thanks for the responses. I'll probably pick it up when I have the time to play it.
mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Post by mr. mason »

A solution that works for me most of the time is setting the games sound to mono. Dosen't always work but most of the time it does.
Last edited by mr. mason on 15 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Words are our worst enimies, Only actions speak the truth.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

To Venus Doom,
I own the PSN SH. Of course I've played through it many times on my PS3.
You say you've played on PSP? I have tried to on my friend's PSP using Remote Play, but lacking an R2 & L2, I couldn't actually play the game. And there was lag between my button inputs and the on-screen result. Did you go through this? Or is there something that would fix that?
pt2ph8
Just Passing Through

Post by pt2ph8 »

I finished the PSP version and I enjoyed it, but at first I didn't even know you could circle run with R2/L2 (or whatever it is that you have to press). After I discovered it I realized that playing it with a real joypad is definitely better. :) Also I really missed the vibration feedback of a real Dual Shock.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

thy_butcher wrote:To Venus Doom,
I own the PSN SH. Of course I've played through it many times on my PS3.
You say you've played on PSP? I have tried to on my friend's PSP using Remote Play, but lacking an R2 & L2, I couldn't actually play the game. And there was lag between my button inputs and the on-screen result. Did you go through this? Or is there something that would fix that?
If you have extra space on your memory card, ( I have a 4 gig, only use 2 gigs) then it helps with the lag. As for the R2, L2 issue, you can set it to if you hold down select ands press L it'll act as L2, same for R and R2. That helps alot, I find it easier to play it on PSP, but thats just me.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I have the PSX version and I get the glitches. I've found that if you don't use the Rifle at all, then you won't get that horrible high pitch noise. The shotgun gives that noise now and again. I hope there is a fix for this soon as its very annoying.