Harry Masons Wife?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: Harry Masons Wife?

Post by VenusDoom »

It can be viewed as an error, but regardless, I still think it's possible that Harry's had 2 wives.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

[u]Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle[/u] wrote:name: Harrold "Harry" Mason
profile: A writer who lost his wife four years ago and currently lives with his daughter.
No, it's not possible.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

The time line in Lost Memories is wrong.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

11 Years: wife dies, ?:Remarried, 7 years: chery found, 4 years: second wife(Jodie) dies.
Theoretical timeline ^
There are 4 years durring which Harry could have met someone and remarried. ALOT can happen in 4 years. It isn't likely, but it's possible, it doesn't really matter regardless. It's just somethign I thought could mean someone died of the car crash, and someone died of the illness. Book of Memories is ussualy regarded as the second highest canon source material to the games themselves. Book of Memories says it, you can argue it was an error, but has anyone official from Konami or who worked on the games said it was an error?Who are we to say it was an error?
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Who are we to say it was an error?<
Because in a later section, it says the exact opposite—that his wife died four years earlier. Harry wouldn't have said, "my wife." He would've called her "my first wife" or "my second wife."

Occam's beard is too long. He wants his razor back.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

The second wife only exists in this one, singular mistake. A second wife is not mentioned anyplace else, and would be a rather ridiculous piece of narrative fluff regardless since having one wife die hardly has anything to do with the story as it is. The Law of Conservation of Detail agrees with Occam's Razor: it's an error.

This is why I wrote the Theorist's Guide. Specifically to prevent things like this.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

alone in the town wrote:This is why I wrote the Theorist's Guide. Specifically to prevent things like this.
[quote="alone in the town]
2. MAKE USE OF OFFICIAL SOURCES

There are actually only a handful which most fans consult regularly, and they cover almost everything important. The big one is The Book of Lost Memories, which covers the first three games in considerable detail. The rest of the series has much less Word of God, with the post-Team Silent games having almost none outside of what can be gleaned from developer interviews.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Now then, tell me what exactly Ive done wrong to derriviate from your guide? I put exactly what the timeline said. I don't mean this sarcastically, I actually want to know what I've done wrong. Regardless, I think Harry's wife is completley irrelevent to the story regardless of if he had two or not.

krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Silent Hill Script wrote:Kaufmann: Sorry. I didn’t mean to alarm you. Your wife, she’s here with you?
Harry: She… died, four years ago. Now it’s just me and my daughter.
How does one come to the conclusion there was more than one?
Last edited by krakalackin on 24 Aug 2011, edited 1 time in total.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

VenusDoom wrote:Now then, tell me what exactly Ive done wrong to derriviate from your guide? I put exactly what the timeline said.
You would do well to scrutinize it yourself first and identify any potential flaws. If you pick it apart to the point that the only way your theory holds water is by saying "anything is possible", or some variation thereof, your theory does not hold water at all. "Anything is possible" is about the least compelling reason to ever believe anything, and "you can't disprove me" is the intellectual currency of people who say nothing worth listening to. Don't do this. Please.

In other words, if you have to go through that many mental gymnastics in order to make sense of what the timeline says, the timeline is just probably not accurate.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Thanks, that does help quite a bit. I'm not gonna bother arguing anymore, it's easier to say it's a typo than logify it out I suppose. The only proof other than Book of Memories is that one place says she died of illness, and another said she died of car-crash. Anywho, you and Adversary are two of the most respected people on this forum imo, I'd do well not to get into an argument with either of you, let alone both of you, ^.^' Anywho, thanks for simplifying all that.

Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

The guidebook got the timeline wrong. It makes us wonder what else it got wrong. And yet the guidebook has been widely accepted is incontrovertible authority on murky matters from the three games.
alone in the town wrote:This is why I wrote the Theorist's Guide. Specifically to prevent things like this.
Where can I read this document? :)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

In fairness, fucking up numbers and fucking up actual CONCEPTS are differing degrees of fail.

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23867

The guide is in the link above.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

Her name wasn't mentioned in the game was it? I doubt it.
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

It wasn't
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

This mystery is destined to go down with the tootsie pop one,
*Howard voide* the world man never know...

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's really not a mystery. In the game, Mrs. Mason has an illness that prevents her from conceiving, and then she dies. In the novel, Jodie dies from a car accident, expounding on what we know from the game. Neither contradicts the other.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.