Harry Masons Wife?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Harry Masons Wife?

Post by Axel_98 »

Does it ever mention Harry's wife. I mean you see her in the intro but really that is all I remember of her. Is there really any other info on her besides the movie?

- I tried searching for this but all I found was shattered memories posts -
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Harry Masons Wife?

Post by alone in the town »

Her name is Jodie.

Otherwise, we know all we need to know about a character with pretty much zero importance to the story.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Does the name come just from the novel? Or was it also mentioned in a guidebook?

If the former, it's surprisingly refreshing when compared to "Vincent Smith."
alone in the town

To be honest, I don't remember where it comes from.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

alone in the town wrote:Otherwise, we know all we need to know about a character with pretty much zero importance to the story.
I tell you she dead too! lol
Does the name come just from the novel?
It does.
Silent Hill Novel wrote:Jodie...
It was fall of his sophomore year that he became acquainted with her.
After having heard that she parted with her high-school sweetheart, he had approached her, mustering up what little courage he had.

It may seem like he was taking advantage of a broken heart, but he found comfort in all his passion for her and spent the night in bed with the woman of his dreams.
The truth is that he knew of her from high school. Although they didn't share the same class, going to the same school meant that he could see her yearningly.
He couldn't ask her out to any of the dance parties, though, since she had a boyfriend. He could do nothing but be in frustration.

At long last that happiness was in his hands. He didn't wait to graduate and held the wedding ceremony at the church. For nine years since then, everyday was a honeymoon. She kindly supported him during the early times when it was difficult to make a living for someone who had just quit his job to become a freelance non-fiction writer. He wanted to build up the perfect family from conjugal love so perfect... but it was unfortunate that they were without child.

Nine years later, she ascended to the heavens. God had stolen her away to the heavens. A car chase had occurred with a petty thief in pursuit, when the criminal's vehicle bounded off the curb in high-speed and crushed her as she was coming home from work.

As she lay asleep in her deathbed, her face looked as beautiful as she had been when she was alive.
Little Cheryl was trying strenuously to understand the meaning of one's vain life and was looking on with her big round eyes...

Jodie... Jodie... Cheryl...

"Cheryl!"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The funny thing is that Tome of Lost Memories and the game itself says she died of an illness.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The game doesn't say Jodie died of illness, only that her illness "wasn't getting any better" and prevented her and Harry from having a child.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Wasn't there a theory that Harry has had 2 wives? I think I remember Lost Memories saying that or something, or somewhere it said that.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
alone in the town

First I've heard of it.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

The illness known as "getting hit by car," they say, can be terminal.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Clearly, the in-game implication is Jodie died from the illness. However, that was never officially state, neither in SILENT HILL itself, nor, from what I can remember, Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle. It was only ever presumed that's how she died.

This information is also only available if Harry, in-game, that is, doesn't riddle Cybil with bullet holes, which as many have established simply isn't possible or likely. Granted, this contradicts what happens in the SILENT HILL novel, but I'm willing to concede Jodie's death to a car accident over illness simply because, well, who wants another dead wife from "that damn disease"?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

The Adversary wrote: I'm willing to concede Jodie's death to a car accident over illness simply because, well, who wants another dead wife from "that damn disease"?
That was my reaction to learning of her demise.
country matters
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I just find it hilarious that apparently her cause of death can't even be agreed upon.

I can roll with the car accident thing because it makes the beginning of SH1 (and Shattered Memories) really fucking funny.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Adenade
Just Passing Through

Post by Adenade »

The Adversary wrote:Clearly, the in-game implication is Jodie died from the illness. However, that was never officially state, neither in SILENT HILL itself, nor, from what I can remember, Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle. It was only ever presumed that's how she died.

This information is also only available if Harry, in-game, that is, doesn't riddle Cybil with bullet holes, which as many have established simply isn't possible or likely. Granted, this contradicts what happens in the SILENT HILL novel, but I'm willing to concede Jodie's death to a car accident over illness simply because, well, who wants another dead wife from "that damn disease"?
I would say that information would still be canon because it doesn't really relate to what makes the ending paths different. It was just Harry giving exposition. I don't see why his backstory would change whether Cybil dies or not.

I don't really think her having died of illness is redundant. Rather, I think it makes Mary's illness a subtle reference to it.
Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

The game manual says "Losing his wife to disease has left a shadow over his soul" so I'm gonna stick with the illness theory.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I would say that information would still be canon because it doesn't really relate to what makes the ending paths different.<
I never said what Harry tells Cybil never happened. What I'm saying is Harry doesn't say Jodie died of illness.

>I don't see why his backstory would change whether Cybil dies or not.<
I also never suggested this.

>The game manual says "Losing his wife to disease has left a shadow over his soul" so I'm gonna stick with the illness theory.<
Game manuals aren't written by the writers or developers of the games.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Mary and Jodie both had Women in Refrigerator syndrome. Duh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Refrigerators
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Adenade
Just Passing Through

Post by Adenade »

The Adversary wrote:>I would say that information would still be canon because it doesn't really relate to what makes the ending paths different.<
I never said what Harry tells Cybil never happened. What I'm saying is Harry doesn't say Jodie died of illness.

>I don't see why his backstory would change whether Cybil dies or not.<
I also never suggested this.

>The game manual says "Losing his wife to disease has left a shadow over his soul" so I'm gonna stick with the illness theory.<
Game manuals aren't written by the writers or developers of the games.
Oh, I'm sorry then. I was thinking something different when I read your post. :p
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookp ... istory.jpg
http://silenthillchronicle.net/alessa.htm
11 Years ago-Harry suffers the death of his wife. 7 Years ago-Cheryl is born.
^From the Book of Lost Memories. I just happened to be reading through it today when I noticed that.
The only logical explanation is Harry had 2 wives. One whom died of illness. One in a car crash. I told you guys didn't I?
Your

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's called an error. In the game, Harry explains Jodie died four years earlier. That quote expresses that Jodie died four years before Cheryl was found. Harry didn't have two wives.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.