Cybil is Dead? (maybe spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Cybil is Dead? (maybe spoilers)

Post by FatalFrame »

Ok, looked for this, didn't find it.

Basically I have read on here quite a bit that Cybil is supposed to be dead because of the motorcycle being wrecked in the opening credits. I was wondering why people think this? I'm not saying it's dumb or anything I just don't see it.
In the opening credits her bike looks to me like it has been laid gently on it's side, like she saw a roadblock or something like that and walked from there. Plus, it doesn't seem like she would really have died until you kill her on the carousel (depending on which ending you do, anyway). So, I was just curious.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Cybil is Dead? (maybe spoilers)

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

I don't think she's dead either. Mainly because I don't see SH as a litteral purgatory.
Postcode
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Postcode »

I don't recall seeing the theory that she was dead. I'm pretty sure she had crashed the bike though, is that not mentioned in the game? I don't remember if it was stated or not, but I've never heard of anyone leaving their bike on its side when leaving it unattended. Also the game goes out of its way to tell you that the other characters, aside from Dahlia, were unconscious before finding themselves in the Otherworld, so it makes sense that the same would be true of Cybil.
For anyone that might be interested in such things, some links to my music, of the alternative rock kind -
http://postcode.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/zebracore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Postcode/99794277098

And my Post-Rock band Nanaki -
https://nanaki.bandcamp.com
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I don't think many people around here think that she's dead .Unless I .... missed something?
I also believe she was supposed to have crashed her bike. I can't remember anything definitive about that but it's implied, and motorcycles have kickstands- most bike owners would never lay their bike down like that.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Cybil is dead because she didn't survive the events of SILENT HILL. She's not dead throughout the entire game.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Exactly.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

This topic confused me a little, lol.

Cybil died when Harry killed her.

Her being dead in the begginig of the games makes no sense. How can a ghost give you a handgun anyway?
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

Sorry, I had seen it somewhere and I thought it was here but maybe not, sorry about that. Must be why it didn't come up in a search :) Feel free to lock or delete, whichever.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Ronan Mae
Just Passing Through

Post by Ronan Mae »

I have read heard of that theory before.. I'm actually a movie fan before I really appreciated the game. Cybill's death was just painful for me..! lol, that's why I searched high and low about it. So yeah, that was one theory I found, that she might have been dead as well because of that fallen motorcycle.

I'm guessing this theory came up (1) from the movie fans and (2) because it is more comforting than her being killed gruesomely in silent hill. She is a very likable character, after all. Movie fans hated that she died, so many cosplay her, and I know many fans of the game would choose to let her live even if doing so would replace Jodie in the intro.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

I kinda like when a good character I like dies in a story. Kinda makes the plot more tragic. Except when the character is hot D:
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

phantomess wrote:I don't think many people around here think that she's dead .Unless I .... missed something?
I also believe she was supposed to have crashed her bike. I can't remember anything definitive about that but it's implied, and motorcycles have kickstands- most bike owners would never lay their bike down like that.
Especially a Cop (that bike is goverment property)
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I think I remember that theory. Something about Dahlia using her spirit as part of her 'chess match' with Alessa or something? Being able to control her because she was dead and use her to help Harry;.
"The Body Is Cold?"