About Nowere basement...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

About Nowere basement...

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

There is some strange creature at Nowere basement.When you arrive, some sort of semi-invisible creature attacks you.It´s like a taller, solid version of the little stalker that appears at the school.It appeared to me some timeswhen I returned to the Nowere basement,(I´ve got the European version of SH, were they censored the demon children) and when I borrowed the American version from a friend, it never appeared to me.It chased me very slowly, and attacked me with a knife.¿WHAT THE F"#K IS THAT THING? And also, have you thought that what kind of creature would have the tentacles of the hospital and the f"!%()g cabinet.In the cutscene that it grabs you, you see it from an angle that you can´t see the inside of the cabinet.
DISCUSS , DISCUSS NOW!!!!
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
CasuallyDressed
Hope House Careworker

Post by CasuallyDressed »

As soon as you turn off the electricity, the demon shadows appear all over the place, replacing the nurses. I've got the PAL version too, and I've always assumed they were put there to make up for the ones missing at the school.

And I reckon it's just some random octopus thing in the cabinet, nothing relevant.
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/steve_juneau/Matt.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/brian_wants_brains]Add me on MySpazz![/url]
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

However, in the school there are these long clawed creatures...
And what about the cat! In the semi-normal school, when you open the locker a cat comes out, and when you open the same locker in the otherworld school, a longclaws falls from other locker when you are going out. Why was the cat there?
And what happened to the cat outside the locker room? I assumed that it was eaten by the longclaws that was outside, but then I thought: And if the normal animals in SH were somehow, tramsformed into monsters by Alessa? Beacuse
the longclaws of the otherworld school falled from other locker, and why was it dead? Also the monsters emit radio signals, thus, that means they´ve got some kind of radiation, and the "iiiiiiiiiiiii" noise that you hear when you are heading toward the Antique Store from the Hospital is like a Geiger counter gone crazy.
You also hear it, slightly different, in the final fight of the good+ ending.
Is SH a radioactive place and this energy is used by Alessa(and possibly, Claudia
and Ms Sunderland) to create the hauntings and affect the inhabitants´ minds?
It´s proved than a continued exposure to low levels of radiation cause blackouts, and this would explain that when Harry expends some time in the otherworld he hears this airraid siren and blackout. Maybe the otherworld emits some kind of radiation that finally affects whoever is in it, including the monsters themselves,
beacuse the airscreamers mutate and become the nightflutters, and the groaners become those large, creepy things.Others, like the rompers, stay like that.
DISCUSS NOW!!!!

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

You're not the first person to compare that sound to a Geiger Counter...if only I knew what one sounded like. What you saw in Nowhere was what I call the "Stalker." (I call the little squeaky ghosts the Larval Stalkers since they're in a larval stage...most sites call the ones with the knives Larval which makes no sense)

I've experienced the Stalkers in Nowhere basement before shutting off the power. There's at least 2 in the room that go off when you enter, and the rest show up afterward, making for an a royaly painful time.

Silent Hill has nothing to do with radiation. That was just a sound effect they put in...could possibly actually be a Geiger Counter used, but other than that...no.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Maybe you are right, and after thinking a while, I give you more to discuss.
And if Stalkers and Larval Stalkers are some sort of spirits of the people who lived in Silent Hill, and they were trapped and killed in the Otherworld.
And you haven´t awnsered my question about the cat.
By the way, a Geiger counter starts making a tic-tic noise.
As radiation levels rise, the tic-tic goes faster.
When it gets to 45-50 Roegten per hour(like being in a place were a 100 megaton nuclear bomb has exploded seconds before you went there), it starts making that awful, painful noise(and you´ll be probably dead at that time)
KEEP DISCUSSING

NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

I would assume the cat thing is just a spook. I guess it's supposed to make you think there's something waiting for you around the corner of the lockers. I don't think there is much significance to it otherwise.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]
agawa
Just Passing Through

Re: About Nowere basement...

Post by agawa »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:There is some strange creature at Nowere basement.When you arrive, some sort of semi-invisible creature attacks you.It´s like a taller, solid version of the little stalker that appears at the school.It appeared to me some timeswhen I returned to the Nowere basement,(I´ve got the European version of SH, were they censored the demon children) and when I borrowed the American version from a friend, it never appeared to me
It appears in at least some places in the NSTC(?) version, although I don't remember it being anywhere near as common as what you describe here.
Mr.Sunderland
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr.Sunderland »

I don't ever remember seeing those large "stalkers" just the little larval stalkers. It must just be the PAL version. I have played the game about 12 times and have never seen them. I guess I have to get the PAL version too! :wink:
"Bad time to run out of bullets..."
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/avsfreak/pyrheadsig.jpg[/img]
Fungo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fungo »

The BearClaw-like creatures replace the DemonChildren in the school in both Japanese and European versions.

Though, you can still see these "Stalker" creatures in the sewers in the American release.
agawa
Just Passing Through

Post by agawa »

Just to clarify, I saw one (a demon child, but made of shadow) in the Nowhere basement as well. However, I don't remember there being any more...then again, they're hard to notice unless they attack you, and even then it took me awhile to figure out what the heck it was.
EDIT: This is on the North American release.

EDIT:
KageReneko wrote:The thing that grabs you from the locker in the Nowhere kitchen is the same bloodsucker that is in one of the hospital rooms (The creature with whom you have to use the bloodpack), at least for me they look like the same kind oif tentacles... I love that death...
Yeah, I always figured that, and that death is great...you feel so satisfied, you're walking towards the door- and all of a sudden you hear the radio go off, and it's 'slurp' for you! I'm glad SH3 had deaths of the same sort, they're nice to shake it up every now and again.[/quote]
Last edited by agawa on 13 Mar 2006, edited 2 times in total.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The thing that grabs you from the locker in the Nowhere kitchen is the same bloodsucker that is in one of the hospital rooms (The creature with whom you have to use the bloodpack), at least for me they look like the same kind oif tentacles... I love that death...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've got the plain old american version, and I've seen the large Stalkers and the small ones. I'm pretty sure that they are in every version, but I could be wrong.

The cat is one of those things that I think is there moreso just to ensure that you're paying attention. If you don't think anything about the cat and then later you return and open the locker, it won't mean anything to you. Silent Hill's scare tactics like this are frequent, and usually meaningless. (Not always.) And as to why the cat is in there, how the cat got in there, who knows. It's an elementary school. Maybe it was show and tell. :?
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

I´m playing SH right now, and I have seen those stupid large stalkers three times,
one at the basement, one in an upper floor and another one when I came back to the basement. The one of the upper floor attacked me along those goddammed nurses. Something strange that happened whith that stalker is that at first, it remained like hiding behind those medic carts, and it only closened to fight when I shooted it.

agawa
Just Passing Through

Post by agawa »

saturn beads wrote:
The cat is one of those things that I think is there moreso just to ensure that you're paying attention.
I always liked that part...you're scared to open the locker, you do- and then think, 'Uhh, poor cat. Well, that wasn't as scary as I thou....and at that point, a body falls out of the locker. It's such a scary scene because you think you know what's coming, but you don't...
Yeah, I like that part.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

I have always wondered: What is Nowere?

Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

A jubbled memory that was created by Alessa?.....
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

And if the misty SH is like a dimensional gate between our reality and Alessa´s reality?