Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Re: Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Post by Droo »

She was born? Out of what? Unless Bert squirted her out like a cumshot fully formed that was a really fast gestation period and birth.

Heather did not have a traditional birth. No one can argue she did.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

It's my understanding that Heather is Alessa reincarnated. She was born/created in the otherworld and lived a normal life in the real world.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Yes, she lives a normal life in the real world. So did Cheryl. Yet, Cheryl was not fully human. She was either much less or much more, depending on who you speak to about her.
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

She was born? Out of what? Unless Bert squirted her out like a cumshot fully formed that was a really fast gestation period and birth.
"She was born", in that she was a baby that grew up like a normal person, unlike Maria and others, who are just eternal 20-40 something adults that ignore the passage of time in almost every sense.

Aside from the circumstances of her creation and the possibility of dormant powers, absolutely nothing separates Heather from any other human being.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Droo wrote:Yes, she lives a normal life in the real world. So did Cheryl. Yet, Cheryl was not fully human. She was either much less or much more, depending on who you speak to about her.
I think Heather and Cheryl were the same thing. I don't mean the whole Heather = Alessa + Cheryl sort of thing. That's a given. I mean they were created in a similar fashion. The only difference is one is whole, whereas the other was only half a soul. So, if Heather is a construct whose existence is dependent on the belief of others, than so was Cheryl. I find that unlikely though. Unless Alessa single handily maintained Cheryl's existence long enough for someone else to find her...
I like the theory you've suggested though. It's something new. But I don't agree with it. :P But, I was thinking, if Heather were a more powerful construct, then Douglas would be another factor in her continued existence. After all, he left with her at the end of the game. I doubt they'd lose contact and forget one another after what they've been through.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

AuraTwilight wrote:"She was born", in that she was a baby that grew up like a normal person, unlike Maria and others, who are just eternal 20-40 something adults that ignore the passage of time in almost every sense.

Aside from the circumstances of her creation and the possibility of dormant powers, absolutely nothing separates Heather from any other human being.

I agree with this....she grew up just like any other normal child...
Droo

Post by Droo »

It may make people uncomfortable, but if Homecoming's suggestion that everything in Silent Hill that is weird is not real but fueled by the delusions and psyches of the progenitor is true, then Alessa never had any real powers at all and thus Cheryl and Heather (and God itself) can only be explained as manifestations.
Lives in the mirror"
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

But the fact remains that you can indeed die in the otherworld...there's nothing fake about that. And i hate to go in circles because i think it was mentioned already, how can Cheryl and Heather be manifistations if they both existed in the real world?..imo they're not manifistations.

I'm not exactly clear on how alessa recieved her powers tho...not sure if she was born with a special power or if the cult had something to do with it, ot if she was born with her special powers and she somehow manipulated the powers of the town itself...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It may make people uncomfortable, but if Homecoming's suggestion that everything in Silent Hill that is weird is not real but fueled by the delusions and psyches of the progenitor is true, then Alessa never had any real powers at all and thus Cheryl and Heather (and God itself) can only be explained as manifestations.
Homecoming never fucking suggested this, though. It's just your interpretation of events and any "Clap Your Hands if You Believe" doesn't necessarily extend to the kinds of extent you think it does.

For example, you've yet to provide any reason, whatsoever, why shit can happen in the IRLs through this property. In Homecoming, the townspeople brought themselves into the Otherworld. Why didn't this happen the second Alessa was born, or something?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Droo has officially sucked all life out of the Silent Hill series.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

No, that was Lost Memories and you. <3
Lives in the mirror"
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Anybody who ever created a theory. (not singling out all the big topic-ers, like AITT, MMY, etc.)

Of course, just a joke :)
Droo

Post by Droo »

I just think it's nice to be arguing the merits and lack thereof of a new theory rather than simply droning on about the same "facts" over and over ad nauseum. That's where the fun gets sucked out of it.
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Which is all well and good; but taking a very vague implication and blowing it into some end-all be-all Theory of Everything is pretty damn silly.
Droo

Post by Droo »

These forums are full of arguably vague implications being blown into huge arguments. See: Angela Abused, or Lisa Is The Virun VII Crest.

And it's not a vague implication. Homecoming is pretty overt in the Otherworld and events of that game being the Holy Way's own creation.

Not to mention The Room, Origins, Shattered Memories and 2.

This leaves 1 and 3 as the odd outliers of the series. I'm merely attempting to unify them.

EDIT: Oh, and I absolutely couldn't resist:

Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Doesn't change the fact that all of this shit happens in another dimension either way, and the town of Silent Hill explicitly made out to be a town with a special power unique to itself. It's not a metaphysical law of the universe like in Serial Experiments Lain.
flipain
Just Passing Through

Post by flipain »

Speaking about Cybil... maybe my questions have been answered in other threads, but I have been searching for the majority of them and I haven't found anything relevant. In the case some of my questions have been answered before, can you give me the name of the thread and I will search it for myself?

Well, I have read in this thread that Cybil don't see the monsters, but if it is the case, why would she give a gun to Harry, plus saying to him to not leave the cafe because it was dangerous out there?

I don't buy entirely the theory of Droo about Cybil being Dahlia's pawn, but some parts of it are interesting. I have been wondering what happened to Cybil in the intro, why is her bike crashed in the road?

Regarding the reasons for Cybil going to Silent Hill, it is suposed to be because she has lost contact with the town, but this can't be, isn't it? ,Because the real town isn't in trouble, how can she lost contact with it. It makes more sense to me that she went to Silent Hill to investigate the drug ring.

Who knocks out Cybil in the theme park? I have read in some threads that it is Alessa, who after that infects her with a parasite, but I don't see that very plausible. In the first place Alessa don't control the monster spawned by her mind, so how is she going to parasite Cybil? Maybe Alessa knocked her out and was parasited by one of the parasites afterwards without Alessa involvement?

Cybil was trying to stop Alessa, but she couldn't do anything without the Flauros, like Dahlia said, so, I don't know, the entire thing of Cybil being parasited don't make much sense to me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

All your questions are already answered in this theory. If you're not willing to entertain the Black Pawn theory, I'm not sure why you're posting in it's thread.
flipain
Just Passing Through

Post by flipain »

Ok, I have read carefully the 20 pages of the thread.

Some people thinks, like me, that Cybil see the monsters, due to her not wanting Harry to go out there, and giving him the gun. The people saying originally that she doesn't see the monstares havent contradict this yet.

Also, Droo, in his original theory said that Lisa is a puppet of Alessa that the only thing she does is trying to retain Harry in the hospital, but she helps Harry to continue his quest by saying him that he can go to the lake through the sewers, so the theory has a hole here.
I believe Lisa is dead (ghost) whose memory have selectively hidden by Alessa in order to make her think she is astill alive and to protect her from the puppet nurses and doctors, and the parasites. Because even being a ghost, like other have said, doesn't mean you aren´t made of flesh in Silent Hill Otherworld. When Alessa is weakened, Lisa remembers what happened, she remember she is dead, and his phisical form become more ghostly/undead.

I don´t know if Cybil is dead (ghost) or alive. There is no strong evidence as to think she is dead, except for the bike crash, what is extrange on it's own, becasue the body wasn't there.
Being she dead or alive I can't understand why is she manipuled by Dahlia, there is no evidence, nor any hint about Dahlia controlling Cybil, directly or indirectly. Dahlia wouldn't need to control Cybil in the first place, because she is willing to help Harry anyway, and Dahlia is already tricking Harry.

In the theory of Droo, it is said that Alessa controls directly the monsters in the Otherworld, and that she uses them to try to kill Harry.
I don't know for sure, obviously, but I would say that the Otherworld is an Alessa nightmare made real, and she haven't control over the creatures that are in it.

So, after all, I don't buy the theory of Droo, for the things posted above.

And I don't believe Alessa infected Cybil with a parasite directly, since I don't believe she can control them. If anything, I suppose that Alessa saw Cybil was going to slow her down in completing the last seal, (even though Dahlia said that without the Flauros you can't do anything to Alessa) and knocked her down, and put her in a wheelchair in the carousel, maybe expecting Cybil being parasited, what would give her even more time, because the parasited Cybil would distract, or even kill, Harry.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Some people thinks, like me, that Cybil see the monsters, due to her not wanting Harry to go out there, and giving him the gun. The people saying originally that she doesn't see the monstares havent contradict this yet.
Yes they have. I'll present two ideas.

1) Cybil is under Dahlia's control. So even though she sees no monsters, she feels compelled to arm Harry.

2) Cybil sees no monsters, but an entire goddamn town is GONE. This guy needs some sort of protection.
Also, Droo, in his original theory said that Lisa is a puppet of Alessa that the only thing she does is trying to retain Harry in the hospital, but she helps Harry to continue his quest by saying him that he can go to the lake through the sewers, so the theory has a hole here.
No one ever said the control was perfect. Besides, Alessa is having a personality struggle with Cheryl, who wants her Daddy to save her. That's why Harry is able to get so close to Alessa when no one else could in the first place.
I don´t know if Cybil is dead (ghost) or alive. There is no strong evidence as to think she is dead, except for the bike crash, what is extrange on it's own, becasue the body wasn't there.
In the Silent Hill Play Novel, one of Cybil's endings reveals that she is dead.
Being she dead or alive I can't understand why is she manipuled by Dahlia, there is no evidence, nor any hint about Dahlia controlling Cybil, directly or indirectly. Dahlia wouldn't need to control Cybil in the first place, because she is willing to help Harry anyway, and Dahlia is already tricking Harry.
There's a bit of a logical fallacy here.

"Dahlia doesn't need to control Cybil because Cybil would do what Dahlia wants her to do anyway" is an unsupported statement.
So, after all, I don't buy the theory of Droo, for the things posted above.
I'll have to just respectfully note that your disagreements are based on your personal opinions and assumptions, not facts or evidence. You're free to disagree, and your viewpoint is valid, but you don't really hurt Droo's theory.