Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Amazing theory
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I like your theory. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I like it :).

I personally think that Cybil was simply the wild card, much like how Laura was in Silent Hill 2. A variable in Dahlia and Alessa's equation. It's highly likely that Alessa didn't even know of Cybil's existence, which would be why Cybil never saw any monsters. As far as Cybil not retaining any injuries, she, like all motorcycle cops, was wearing protective gear for just such an occasion. And as far as Harry awakening and meeting an apparently unharmed Cybil, we really have no perception of how long Harry was out cold, so it's likely that there was time for Cybil to tend to any injuries (especially with all those health drinks and first aid kits lying around ;) ). And I don't think it would really take much of a collision to bend a motorcycle wheel...at least 30 mph maybe, and I think she may have been doing around 40-45 mph (think about it - on a back road like that, if Harry was speeding, she'd have pulled his ass over instead of waving at him).

So basically, I think Cybil was in fact simply an innocent bystander...wrong place, wrong time (not that any time is right to be in Silent Hill :P ).
Droo

Post by Droo »

There are no innocent bystanders, and it's erroneous to say that Cybil is analogous to Laura because SH1 and 2 are entirely different both thematically and storywise.

Also, skintight leather pants do not offer adequate protection to a motorcycle crash that would bend the wheel like that. You saw how fast she passed Harry, she would have gone flying.

Now, in regards to Konami basically saying that Cybil was headed there from her call being cut off, I have modified the theory:

Okay, so Cybil didn't die seven years ago. However, I think she was killed in whatever caused her motorcycle crash and THEN became a pawn to Dahlia, without even realizing it. Simple as that.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I guess we can really apply this theory to all of the games if you think about it. Everyone is in place for a reason. The chess game applies to Silent Hill 1 more than any other though. All of the players were there in 2 for a purpose. James needed to remember what he did. All of the people in the town at that time(and I believe they are all real and not manifestations) represent some part of his psyche. There are not alot of characters in 3, and it's pretty straight forward why they are there. And 4......well, 4 is a disaster, lol. I love it, but it's a disaster. :)
Droo

Post by Droo »

SH4 isn't a disaster. Walter Sullivan had his reasons for selecting who he killed.
Lives in the mirror"
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Silent Hill 4 is a beautiful disaster. I love it as a game, but not as a Silent Hill game if that makes sense. I know Walter had his reasons for his victims.
(side note to moderators since I am too lazy to see if this has been discussed elsewhere, but why does my name log out at weird times even though I have it checked to automatically log me in? And why is it when I close a window from the forum, about 25 internet explorer windows pop up saying i have an invalid session?)
Monobrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monobrow »

Well, the way I see it, most characters we come across, from all four games, seem to be more tied to Silent Hill than we at first think. I think the more characters Konami introduces into the series, the closer-knit each character relation becomes, which is so odd, because the stories told in each game have such abnormal casts, and none of the storylines (except the 3rd) are directly sequential towards one another. So it just makes you think, are these character's involvements with each other just happenstance and coincidentally tied together? Or is there a deeper meaning to why they are there? I think that's another reason why I love SH so much, I think Konami does a really good job tying people together somehow, without overdoing it and making it obvious.

Side note back to Peachy: Well, I'm not a mod, but I'd say 25 windows popping up means you may have malware on your computer, and the fact that you are using IE makes me believe this is true.

Run a spyware program...run a few. You can find links to a bunch of them at
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Also, I'd download firefox as a browser, and use it instead of Internet Explorer from now on, honestly.
No one wins...It's a war of man.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

It isn´t just coincidence..
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I still think that Cybil was a red herring...good horror flicks are full of them.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I agree with you, Monobrow. Konami does a good job tying people together without bashing you over the head with it. Also, I am using AOL(please don't smack me AOL haters), and when I close the window in AOL, the other windows pop up, but only when I close a window from the SHH forum. I have run Norton and Adaware, but they aren't coming up with anything. :) Thank you, though, and I am going to check out that website to see if they have something better than what I have now.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what i would like to know is how the hell cybil gets harry after being attacked by thos things :) :) :) :)
Droo

Post by Droo »

What do you mean? After the parasite impants itself on Cybil's back, Cybil either walks to the amusement park or is transported there by Alessa.
Lives in the mirror"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what i mean is at the start of game when ure chasin cheryl at the allie after u see the skeleton the zombiethings attack u and u faint how does cybil get u to the cafe :?: :?:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

u know what i mean :?:
Droo

Post by Droo »

Please don't double post, use the edit button if you have something you want to add.

No, I don't know what you mean. Cybil has nothing to do with how Harry ends up in the Café. Dahlia does.
Lives in the mirror"
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

*hugs Drew* It's gotten to the point wher I almost said something about double posting, and I'm not even a moderator! I think I get what sumcake means, though. Harry is in the alley, being attacked, and pretty much killed by the little knife-wielding psycho things. Then you wake up in the cafe with Cybil. I guess I never really thought about just HOW Harry got there. I just assumed the town worked its mojo on him and moved him there.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

soz for double postin andif dahia moved him to the cafe how does cybil find him :?:

oh and this has nothing to do with this thing but what are the items you buy for?
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Do you mean the items you buy with Silent Hill cash? Because if so, I think there is a topic about it and the gender bunnies somewhere. I don't think they serve any other purpose other than to dress up your posts a bit. I personally will never go to Silent Hill without a wheelchair and a flashlight and i think that is pretty much self-explanatory. :)
Dunkel_Teufel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dunkel_Teufel »

sumcake wrote:soz for double postin andif dahia moved him to the cafe how does cybil find him :?:
I think, according to the theory here explained, that, then, Cybill does not find Harry... Cybill is just there for Dahlia´s wish. It is her wish to "help" Harry in his quest, then she just "conjures" Cybill in the cafe... with a pistol, map, flashlight, etc, for Harry. All he can need.

I loved this theory, loved reading it. This was exactly why I joined this Forum long time ago, I love all of this theories.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ordocornixumbra/sigdunkel.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i wish i new how to get advators :? :?