Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Re: Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Post by Kenji »

Droo wrote:There is no God. It's all been one giant delusion.
Same could be said about the real world, and it really doesn't make the slightest difference to those who believe (nor, one could argue, should it). To the believers, the belief is all that matters. If they live next to a lake that manifests their beliefs in the flesh, well, that makes the belief all the more real and powerful, no matter how unreal it actually is.
Tympest
Just Passing Through

Post by Tympest »

The Adversary wrote:>Look at the differences between Old Testament God and New Testament God, same being but very different.<
Unless you're a Marcionite, which I find highly unlikely, they're the same thing. The two may exhibit different traits—in Silent Hill's case, physically—but they seek to achieve the same thing. In The Order's canon, Metatron and Samael share the same existence, as though they're different sides of the same coin. Incubus and Incubator (the Woman in White) parallel this.

Dahlia even says, of the Woman in White, "This is a god." Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle affirms this asseveration. Not once does anyone, or anything, refer to the varying depictions of god as different gods.
I did say same being, but there are differences. One could even take your bit of evidence as meaning that, yes the Incubator is a god, she isn't the one Dahlia meant to summon. There are examples in series of the cult worshiping multiple gods.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's the same God. Only one God, according to the Order's religion, is able to be born through a woman and create Paradise. The other deities are basically just angels with cooler names.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Tympest
Just Passing Through

Post by Tympest »

AuraTwilight wrote:It's the same God. Only one God, according to the Order's religion, is able to be born through a woman and create Paradise. The other deities are basically just angels with cooler names.
That part I did not know. Valtiel was the only one that I knew wasn't major.
SHF

Post by SHF »

dahlias vision of god appears as baphomet (samael or whatever) as to ( alessa?) it appears as the other form. same god just different perception.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Droo

Post by Droo »

Incorrect. If anything, Incubus is Alessa's vision of God.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Incorrect. Incubator is officially Alessa's vision of god, while Dahlia believes god's image is Incubus.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Why does Alessa, who views Dahlia's God as something that must be stopped, have an image of her as benevolent where Dahlia has a vision of a demon?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
SHF

Post by SHF »

because dahlia wants to bring about the destruction/ rebirth of the world.
Tympest
Just Passing Through

Post by Tympest »

Droo wrote:Incorrect. If anything, Incubus is Alessa's vision of God.
Except that it has been explicitly stated that Incubus is Dahlia's version of god.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Tympest wrote:
Except that it has been explicitly stated that Incubus is Dahlia's version of god.
stated by who
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Droo wrote:Why does Alessa, who views Dahlia's God as something that must be stopped, have an image of her as benevolent where Dahlia has a vision of a demon?
Because it's the image of God she prayed to as a child, back before she realized God was bad news. Heather comments on this exactly as she sees some portraits of deity.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Droo wrote:There is no God. It's all been one giant delusion.
Maybe there is a God in the SH world, or it could be something else connecting with the powers of the town. I don't think I've read enough information, or if we've been given a whole lot of information, regarding with God is real or not. We have Translated Memories that states that Incubus and Incubator are just "mental images", which means that they are on the same level as all of the other monsters manifested from the psychology of a character (Silent Hill 2, Homecoming, every SH game's monster). I'm sure the real God, if there was one in Silent Hill, would never be back or fought, unless the Order's prophecy is true and she will come back some day. But then again, God died a first time due to her getting extremely tired and dying from fatigue (just like Child birth), so who says she can't be killed a second time? I'm sure there was a paradise just like the one Claudia wanted in the beginning while God was alive.

I don't think God is malicious at all, Homecoming and Silent Hill Wikia have some very..misleading (as I describe it) information different from the rest. I don't see God as a malicious being who just demands power, after all she did stop all suffering for a while. And where has it been stated that God likes torturing people (as Silent Hill Wikia states it)? Aside from Homecoming, can anybody provide me some game or Team Silent information that regards God as malicious who just wants to torture people? I think somebody needs to edit that article.

ALSO ( Sorry if this is too long ), there's the theory that the two people who offered Serpents and Reeds manifested God themselves, and everybody's beliefs fueled her up, until people lost faith, her Paradise (really the Otherworld, but people saw it as wonderful from their psyche), then lo and behold, the Maria/Monster manifested thing just died and their "Paradise" stopped.

Just my two cents.
Tympest
Just Passing Through

Post by Tympest »

helldescent wrote:
Tympest wrote:
stated by who
The Book of Lost Memories, if I remember right.
SHF

Post by SHF »

i was under the impression the incubus is the demon version
Matrix
Just Passing Through

Post by Matrix »

Their paradise is a sustained dreamworld. The foggy misty environment for example. Where no one grows old and such. That Paradise was tainted by the otherworld and its demons. So then the poplulation of the town became the hosts for those demons who with human minds could switch Heaven into Hell at will. Processing power from deep in their subconscious minds.

Otherworld may also be a form of purgatory. Not that God enjoys torturing people. Just that certain places may indeed exist for reasons beyond comprehension.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Matrix wrote:Their paradise is a sustained dreamworld. The foggy misty environment for example. Where no one grows old and such. That Paradise was tainted by the otherworld and its demons. So then the poplulation of the town became the hosts for those demons who with human minds could switch Heaven into Hell at will. Processing power from deep in their subconscious minds.

Otherworld may also be a form of purgatory. Not that God enjoys torturing people. Just that certain places may indeed exist for reasons beyond comprehension.
The otherworld (that is, anything that isn't the real world. This includes the Foggy and rusted variants) appears as a paradise or hell depending on the one creating/experiencing it. It wasn't tainted by demons or anything, just Alessa's nightmares and fears. Also, the population in Silent Hill haven't become hosts to anything. They're not in the otherworld. They're in the real world presumably going about their daily lives. But that's not exactly what this topic is about... >_>
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, objectively existent supernatural beings don't seem to exist in Silent Hill. It's very Clap Your Hands If You Believe.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Matrix wrote:Their paradise is a sustained dreamworld. The foggy misty environment for example. Where no one grows old and such. That Paradise was tainted by the otherworld and its demons. So then the poplulation of the town became the hosts for those demons who with human minds could switch Heaven into Hell at will. Processing power from deep in their subconscious minds.

What? I don't think that fits in (SH citizens becoming infected with demons who switch worlds? What?)

Also, *claps hands* "There's no place like Silent Hill....x3"
*transports to Silent Hill"