Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Actually, the idea is that Dahlia trapped Cybil's ghosts on the Silent Hill plane, which I'm sure is possible with one of the cult's rituals. If they can summon God, they can summon a ghost.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Follower
Just Passing Through

Post by Follower »

Although it is possible, there isn't really any hard evidence that such a ritual exists in the confies of this cult, well I don't think so anyway... I like the theory though, a well put way of explaining the unknown.
http://shiyounonai.blogspot.com/
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, actually, now that I think about it, Dahlia could've just performed the same Ressurection/Rebirth ritual James performed in a certain ending. I mean, Cybil certainly has a physical presence. At least as much as Lisa does.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

I concure with drewfus' theories almost whole heartedly. But the only think i am not too sure about is cybil not seeing monsters. I think she does. In the sewers the first time around right before you get to the end of the area you hear a couple of gunshots echoing through the cavern. I think that is cybil just starting to make her way into the sewers. She does after all ask harry if he was the one to break the lock off. And the gunshot almost has to be her, It could be a crash of debris or somthing else, but usually the simplest answer is the right one. In any case hats off to drewfus for typing up that long ass post. It made me feel like i played the whole game again.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
F

Post by F »

similar to Alessa creating Lisa.

Wrong. See this topic..
Caffreys84
Just Passing Through

Post by Caffreys84 »

Agreed, would have taken me hours to think and type of something like that and it definitely sheds a light on the whole scenario. Like in my previous post about Cybil on the Boat, it seems almost as if she doesn't acknowledge that the alternate reality is there - maybe we could link that with your theory with the fact that Dahlia is controlling her and isn't phased by anything there.
Pontefract Collieries AFC, Grimsby Town FC, and Halifax RLFC for life!
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

F wrote:

Wrong. See this topic..
Alessa creating the monsters, then. The point is not that Alessa created Lisa, the point is that Dahlia does not have the same powers or abilities as Alessa.

Though your correction is apreciated.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore
johnny_the_boy
Just Passing Through

Post by johnny_the_boy »

Follower wrote:Although it is possible, there isn't really any hard evidence that such a ritual exists in the confies of this cult, well I don't think so anyway...
Forgive me if I'm erroneous, but isn't that essentially the same idea as the "suicidal subway dude" from SH3? Sort of an echo or memory of something from the past? Let's not forget that the town of Silent Hill itself has a vast resource of supernatural power, and with her lifetime of devotion to the Dark Arts I'm fairly sure Dahlia was a more then competent candidate for tapping into and abusing this power.

At least, that's how I percieve it.

By the way, don't the "Rebirth" ending and "Born from a Wish" scenario from SH2 both suggest the cult's power of ressurection? I'm not saying Dahlia preformed the Crimson Ceremony or anything, just that it's within the cult's realm of power to manipulate the dead.
we're in a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Johnny totally just pwned that statement.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>don't the "Rebirth" ending and "Born from a Wish" scenario from SH2 both suggest the cult's power of ressurection?
No. The Ceremony to Ressurrect the Dead doesn't have anything to do with The Order. It's a ritual composed and performed by The Natives' religion, whose beliefs The Order's are based on. That doesn't imply, though, that The Order utilizes the ritual--especially considering this ceremony has had no connection to the cult in any of the games.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

True that, St. Thomas. But while it doesn't seem that The Order used this ritual, given the game's evidence, Dahlia strikes me as the type who would not only be fully aware of this ritual, but that she would either know how to use it, or would find someone who could and manipulate them into using it for her.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Looking back at the topic, it really doesn't have anything to do with the Ceremony to Resurrect the Deceased. I was merely pointing out that this particular ritual has nothing to do with The Order but rather with The Natives, as I've previously explained. Though there may be another ritual similar to it--that allows its prestidigitator to summon a ghost--I don't think it really matters that much, afterall: Walter managed to trap his victims "ghosts" in his world to wander aimlessly. If you want to believe Dahlia has similar powers to those of other key figures in The Order, then she too could potentially have that ability--given her & Claudia's "Sight." I, however, wouldn't go so far as to that, because I believe Cybil is real, and not a pawn, as Drewfus' theory suggests, but I suppose it's something for people to think about.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I also think Cybil is a real person, but I also like this theory. I think that if it were to come down to Dahlia needing her pawn in Cybil, she would either know how to create her herself, or know the ceremony to resurrect her if she did, indeed, die on that road.
On a side note, has your age always been there under your avatar, St. Thomas? I haven't been around in awhile, but I had no idea I was older than you. I always assumed you were a year or so older than me because of your wise ways. :)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>know the ceremony to resurrect her if she did, indeed, die on that road.
The problem with is that: Dahlia would've had to drag Cybil's corpse all the way from out-of-town to wherever the ceremony is to occur, and already have the necessary items readily available. It just doesn't seem feasibly possible.

Besides: Technically that's not even Cybil in the game, according to Silent Hill: Play Novel. . . .

>has your age always been there under your avatar, St. Thomas?
Sure has.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Unless she already had all the items, and just happened to have them on her and just happened to see Cybil, but the odds of that aren't very good. I neve playerd the Play Novel all the way through, though I intend to eventually.
My Swiss cheese brain sometimes lets certain things slip right past me, and your age must have been one of those things, lol. Sorry about that.:)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>the odds of that aren't very good.
I'm just trying to examine it from a logical & pragmatic stance, as I tend to, given the information we're supplied. I just can't see how it works out that way. I mean: If Dahlia had that much knowledge & power, I'm sure she wouldn't even need Harry to bother with the Haurus.

>Sorry about that.
It's all right. No offense taken. I try to remain relatively conspicuous. It never works, but I try. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I mean: If Dahlia had that much knowledge & power, I'm sure she wouldn't even need Harry to bother with the Haurus.
Good point. She wouldn't need Harry all that much I guess. She would need to ultimately keep him out of her way of course, to keep him from finding and taking Cheryl. This game is so confusing.

We all try. :) It never works.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

I find the game to be straight forward...everyday type of stuff...I mean, guy loses kid, kid turns out to be reincarnate of evil...it's simple.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

When you put it that way, it really is very straight forward, lol. I'll not be taking my son on any further vacations to tiny resort towns now because of that straight forwardness, but still. :)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Besides: Technically that's not even Cybil in the game, according to Silent Hill: Play Novel. . .
Could you elaborate?