Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Tympest
Just Passing Through

Re: Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Post by Tympest »

simeonalo wrote:
Matrix wrote:Their paradise is a sustained dreamworld. The foggy misty environment for example. Where no one grows old and such. That Paradise was tainted by the otherworld and its demons. So then the poplulation of the town became the hosts for those demons who with human minds could switch Heaven into Hell at will. Processing power from deep in their subconscious minds.

Otherworld may also be a form of purgatory. Not that God enjoys torturing people. Just that certain places may indeed exist for reasons beyond comprehension.
What? I don't think that fits in (SH citizens becoming infected with demons who switch worlds? What?)

Also, *claps hands* "There's no place like Silent Hill....x3"
*transports to Silent Hill"
Maybe he was making reference to the movie? It did seem that the residents could be sent to rusted other world when the rest of the town was.

Does this mean that your little dog is a groaner?
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Why would you even refer to the movie? This is a SH1 thread, not that AU that the movie is.
Tympest
Just Passing Through

Post by Tympest »

simeonalo wrote:Why would you even refer to the movie? This is a SH1 thread, not that AU that the movie is.
I have no idea, that was the only context in which his comment about the citizens of Silent Hill and the cult's paradise made sense. The movie at least pretends to have a brushing semblance to SH1.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Droo wrote:There is no God. It's all been one giant delusion.
Explain.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Basically, the town has the ability to take someone's deepest beliefs and make them "reality". There isn't actually a god, it only exists because Dahlia and by proxy Alessa believe it exists.Similar to Alessa's powers. She may actually have some semblance of psychic ability, but the town either exacerbates it or completely creates it based on Dahlia and Alessa's beliefs.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

That's debateable, and not fact.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Exactly. Though it's hinted, we're not given confirmation, and if there is confirmation, that would kill a lot of would be discussion. Like how we receive hints to whereas if Heather is killing real people, if Vincent was playing a joke, etc.

Some people think that the powers of the town caused the woman who offered reeds and the man who offered a snake (see "Sun" OST SH3) manifested a "god" who was actually a sort of monster/Maria like creature.
Tympest
Just Passing Through

Post by Tympest »

It could be a bit of both couldn't it? The area was considered holy before settlers took it over, there is a possibility that there is a god/devil/spirit-thingy in Silent Hill but that it manifests as either Incubus or the Incubator because of the beliefs of the cult?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or that the town has simply always had supernatural power to manifest beliefs. The native americans didn't think a God lived in the area, but that it could let them speak with the dead.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

So it could be either way - either the God existed first and makes the town all weird, or the God exists now because the town is all weird. The former is more likely, though, given the fact that the Indians didn't encounter a deity, only "spoke with the dead."
Tympest
Just Passing Through

Post by Tympest »

They certainly gave use quite a bit to think on with that. Suppose that to start with the town's power was only speaking to the dead, and as belief grew so did the power until the woman who offered reeds and the man who offered a snake caused that power to manifest as a god. This could explain why the town's influence seems to be spreading as the games progress. If we assume (big one here) that Harry, Cheryl/Heather/Alessa/Bert, and Cybil all managed to escape the first game then that's three out-siders who believe in the town's power and probably fear it. Add in the remaining cultists and one wonders how much power the town gains.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Video Gamer wrote:So it could be either way - either the God existed first and makes the town all weird, or the God exists now because the town is all weird. The former is more likely, though, given the fact that the Indians didn't encounter a deity, only "spoke with the dead."
You mean the "latter?" Because otherwise that line of reasoning doesn't make sense.
They certainly gave use quite a bit to think on with that. Suppose that to start with the town's power was only speaking to the dead, and as belief grew so did the power until the woman who offered reeds and the man who offered a snake caused that power to manifest as a god. This could explain why the town's influence seems to be spreading as the games progress. If we assume (big one here) that Harry, Cheryl/Heather/Alessa/Bert, and Cybil all managed to escape the first game then that's three out-siders who believe in the town's power and probably fear it. Add in the remaining cultists and one wonders how much power the town gains.
The woman with reeds thing is clearly just mythology, since she prayed to God to end humanity's eternal life, eternal night, and eternal suffering. My idea is that, while Silent Hill's power was originally a benign thing that may or may not be warped by belief, sometimes it just rubs off on people who are born there, giving them psychic powers independent of the belief of people around them (Alessa, Claudia, maybe Walter).
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Ok, I promised myself I was going to stay out of this thread, but

are you saying that the fetus/mother god that Heater (well, Claudia) "birthed" in 3 was due to this as well?
(seriously curious, no flaming intended. I personally do think so)
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Droo

Post by Droo »

The Cult's idea of God came after the Native beliefs of the area. The Sun myth is the origin of the delusion of God, influenced by Judeo-Christian beliefs. This is said in a book in the Chapel in SH3.

God is a creation of the original Cult Members. It is the bastard child of Christianity and the Aboriginal beliefs regarding the area.

I'm now unsure of whether or not the town has the power to "grant" people supernatural beliefs. I think it could be either that, like the hypothesis in real life, that certain people are more "in tune" with the mystical (mediums, etc.) and thus are more susceptible to Silent Hill's mojo (this would explain James, Angela, Travis, and Eddie, who don't have delusional cultists believing they have powers but who clearly do interact with the town's manifestation abilities). On the other hand, you have people like Alessa, Walter, Dahlia, and Claudia who seem to have extraordinary powers that I feel are fueled by personal and external beliefs in their powers which are then made real by the town.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's worth pointing out that Dahlia's powers are magic she's borrowing from the religion, not intrinsic psychic powers she was born with. Considering that Alessa's powers were stronger than believed, and there were many women burned for the ritual that did not succeed despite belief, I don't think belief is the main factor here. I'm pretty certain Alessa has some objective powers, considering she still has them as Heather even if she doesn't believe in that stuff.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Ah, but HARRY believed after witnessing the events of SH1, as did Claudia and the fragment of Alessa's consciousness that remains within Heather.
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And yet, they weren't within Silent Hill in the one instance Heather exhibited precognition.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

AuraTwilight wrote:And yet, they weren't within Silent Hill in the one instance Heather exhibited precognition.
Could it be the Memory of Alessa calling out to Heather to warn her? I ask because Cheryl wasn't in Silent Hill when Alessa called out for her.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Which only supports my idea that the existence of Alessa's powers are independent of Silent Hill's reality warping abilities, which still seem to only work in other planes of existence. Only by using a theory as it's own evidence that Silent Hill can effect the real world in any way outside of taking people out of it.
Droo

Post by Droo »

What one moment is this?
Lives in the mirror"