Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

What? .. If you're looking for avatars, please try the thread in the Indian Runner section titled "Request Avatar and Signatures Here" instead of going off topic..
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Zi11ion
Just Passing Through

Post by Zi11ion »

Nice theory, rather well thought out. I've just re-played SH1 this weekend after watching the movie, so my memories of the game are a bit fresher now.

Here's a few of my thoughts and responses to various posters. (I don't feel like quoting it all)

Someone mentioned that Cybil was placed in the amusement park to impede Harry, and that contradicts the theory that she's only there to help him. I believe the parasite is from Alessa, so that Cybil could impede or possibly kill Harry so that she could put down the Virun VII seal. Dahlia doesn't want the seals to be placed, from what I have understood, so it wouldn't be in her interest to impede Harry at all.

Random musing: Anyone notice how Dahlia demands that Harry stay away from her in the church? Strange. And wtf is gyromancy?

I believe Cybil died on her way into Silent Hill, for whatever reason. Watch the FMV and look at the bike crash. A LOT of blood on the rocks there.

I believe that Konami is right that the Good ending, not the Good + ending is the right one. For the Good + ending to be true, Harry would have had to use the "red kool-aid" in the bottle on Cybil. However, in SH3, isn't it true that he used that "red kool-aid" (I really don't remember how to spell the actual name of the stuff, and I'm too lazy to look it up :D ) to make the little red stone in the amulet for Heather? Therefore, only the normal Good ending could be true. Got the kool-aid in the bottle, but never used it. (how would he know to use it on Cybil, really?)He would only realize its usage after he watched Kaufmanm use it on Alessa/God/Chick from ICO.

Just some thoughts. ^^;
-Apathy leads to exploitation-
Droo

Post by Droo »

While it is hard to think of why Harry would think to use the aglaophotis on Cybil (see alone in the town's excellent breakdown of this in the Cybil thread in the SH3 section), even if he had used it, I've tried splashing liquid from a similar bottle myself at home, to see if such a splash would take all of it.

It doesn't. Every time I did it, I still had a little water left in the bottle, certainly enough to make the amulet.

Alessa does use Cybil as a way to kill two birds with one stone: to eliminate Dahlia's agent, as well as to off Harry if necessary.

My point is that Cybil is Dahlia's pawn, and that whether she survived Lakeside or not makes no difference, as she is already dead. Thus taking care of any ambiguities regarding Cybil's fate, as well as explaining why Cybil was even there.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
mr.emergecyhamma
Just Passing Through

Post by mr.emergecyhamma »

so any way, if what i know about motorbike crashes, cybil's helmet should have made everything ok. helmets save lives.
but if what i know is true, i ust edited this post to agree with drewfus about the fact that the cop was speeding so her melmet should have been cleaved in two by the crash. even though motorcycle helmets are pretty hard. i would know.
Last edited by mr.emergecyhamma on 24 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
vendor=?
huh? radio? whats going on with that cd player?

REMEMBER KIDS REMEMBER HAS 3 E'S 2 M'S AND 2 R'S. NO ONE LIKES A /B/. NO NOT EVEN GOD. NO NOT EVEN SANTA. NO NOT EVEN MY CAT CASCADE. IN FACT SHE HATES A /B/ SO MUCH SHE HAS ATTACKED ME MORE THAN ONCE WHILST I WAS BROWSING. O RLY? NO. NO RLY. STAY OFF OF /B/. --MR. E HAMMA +_+
Droo

Post by Droo »

Not at the speed she was going. If her head wasn't cracked open, she was smashed into the rockside at top speed. She died.
Lives in the mirror"
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

I really like the theory, haven't read a good one since TA/St. Thomas posted about the dream worlds of Silent Hill 4
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
Zi11ion
Just Passing Through

Post by Zi11ion »

Drewfus wrote:While it is hard to think of why Harry would think to use the aglaophotis on Cybil (see alone in the town's excellent breakdown of this in the Cybil thread in the SH3 section), even if he had used it, I've tried splashing liquid from a similar bottle myself at home, to see if such a splash would take all of it.
I could be nit-picky and say that the aglaophotis in Harry's inventory disappears after you use it, therefore he couldn't have used it. :P but then again, so do all the keys and whatnot.

I'll go check out that thread you mentioned, thanks :D
-Apathy leads to exploitation-
rem
Just Passing Through

Post by rem »

That's a pretty nice theory. I'm sure the guys at Konami would say
"Y-Yeah, that's right, we planned that all along! *ahem*"

Kinda like what they did with SH4. I mean, they just squeezed elements of Silent Hill's past into that game as a means to an end, that game wasn't even going to be a Silent Hill at first!

Anyhoo, forgive me for getting off topic..
I guess I don't get the whole "manipulating the dead" stuff. So Lisa is dead for Alessa to manipulate as well? I thought that Alessa was able to manipulate her because she had a curse cast on her. Manipulating the dead is sort of a big deal..
Is there any evidence that you can site from any official source to back your theory? I feel that as coincidental as Cybil's exhistance in SH seems to be at first glance, it seems like they'd be quick to offer explaination for her somewhere.

At any rate, thanks for the brain food, that's a really thoughtful theory.
[size=75]what's a wheelchair doing in an elementary school..?[/size]
[url=http://blackmoontides.com/][img]http://www.blackmoontides.com/bn02.gif[/img][/url]
Droo

Post by Droo »

Lisa is a conjuration from Alessa's mind, just like the state of the town and all the other monsters. She specifically makes Lisa different than the other nurses, because she was kind to her. However, Lisa also does everything she can to impede Harry's progress nonviolently, and also is the Virun VII Crest for the Hospital (see F's theory on that in this forum). Cybil is Dahlia's.

Cybil has either been dead for a while, or at least since the bike crash. Her presense is being controlled by Dahlia (or perhaps someone else from The Order, notice that in the Good + ending Cybil doesn't cease to exist when Dahlia dies). This may seem like a big deal, but we know Alessa isn't the only one with power like this. Claudia is able to transfigure the appearance of the Missionaries in SH3, as well as have some limited control over the location they're in. Dahlia is a High Priestess in The Order. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that she got that way because she has some abilities and the knowledge to use them.
Lives in the mirror"
rem
Just Passing Through

Post by rem »

Nn..I see...
You have a good point about Claudia, though. I figured that Lisa was still alive and not a conjuration of Alessa's because it wasn't hinted at that she was actually dead. I figured that she was alive like Kauffman and the fact that she was messed up was due to being twisted from Alessa's magic.
But yeah, okay, I wish there was something about Cybil in some official text but this is definately a theory worth swallowing. ^_^
[size=75]what's a wheelchair doing in an elementary school..?[/size]
[url=http://blackmoontides.com/][img]http://www.blackmoontides.com/bn02.gif[/img][/url]
Dunkel_Teufel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dunkel_Teufel »

I figured that she was alive like Kauffman
Kauffman is there receiving punishment...
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ordocornixumbra/sigdunkel.jpg[/img]
white rabbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by white rabbit »

rem wrote: I figured that Lisa was still alive and not a conjuration of Alessa's because it wasn't hinted at that she was actually dead. I figured that she was alive like Kauffman and the fact that she was messed up was due to being twisted from Alessa's magic.
Nevermind the fact that there is blood running down her face and she stumbles toward Harry like she is having a seizure. :roll: ^_^'
"My days of taking you serious are close to a middle." - Firefly
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/iczerfae/All_SHf.jpg[/img]
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

Drewfus wrote:Possible. Or maybe Alessa couldn't kill Dahlia at all. We know from the vision Harry has in Dahlia's house that Alessa still cared about her psycho mother.

Not that this is really what my theory is about. O_o
I thought that was a vision from the past. Long time since I've played though. With the recent boom in Silent Hill conversation I may need to play it again...I have it at my moms house somewhere.

I also thought that Lisa's bleeding and stumbling was upon her realization that she is not the real lisa. Maria had similar difficulties.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That Chess theory is ancient now no? i read it about 5 years ago... i think it was a guy called 'president evil' that wrote it no? Either that or someone from the same site

'She needs a pawn, what appears to be an
insignificant person, who she can move across this supernatural chess
board and checkmate Alessa.'

'Topic 3: Harry, Dahlia's Pawn....Think of it as a chessmatch,
Alessa on one side Dahlia on the other. Both are moving their pieces
across the board toward each other. But Alessa is the one who created
the board, so she has ALL the pieces'

etc
Droo

Post by Droo »

Yes, but I think Harry is not the only pawn of Dahlia's. I used the Chess analogy mostly because I had just finished reading Through The Looking Glass when I wrote the theory.
Lives in the mirror"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

So your elaborating... Interesting approach

and when i said 'ancient' i meant it was really well known, perhaps not
Droo

Post by Droo »

Not exactly elaborating. To be honest, I had forgotten about Dan Birlew's plot analysis using the chess analogy. It was a coincidence from my reading the chess-themed Alice book.
Lives in the mirror"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ah right, when i get time id like to read through your analysis or theory properly. Its good when someone goes on at length about their personal ideas
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

Good theory, that explains why Cybil was posessed at the amusement park, but I still think Lisa was not only an instrument, but a disoriented soul trapped in Alessa's memories
nanook in heaven...
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

I did a little bit of reading through your theory (I apologize if this sounds like I did not bother to listen to it, or something, long stories/theories tend to make me forget little details), but I am a bit skeptical as to Dhalia being able to create a being like Cybil similar to Alessa creating Lisa. Sure, Dhalia seems to be able to do some intresting things, but they don't seem to be anywhere near as powerful as what Alessa is capable of doing (Even if she is able to 'trap' Alessa).

So my question is: Is Dhalia even capable of creating such a being?

Again, I apologize if I miss something in the theroy that explains this.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore