The Katana

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

The Katana

Post by sweet_weeping_silence »

Alright, I have played SH about 20 times through now, have gotten EVERY ending and I still can't get the katana. I read somewhere that it is supposed to be on the otherside of the locked door in the house with the dog house infront of it, but when I try, the door is never open. Is it really there or am I just looking in the wrong place?

(sorry if this was answered before :oops: )
Xx----at one end sits the seducer of she----xX
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Remember the doghouse?The katana is inside the normally locked room in the house.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

Yeah, i tried that, but it's never open, and I have all the endings too. What am i doing wrong!?!?! :cry:
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

What version of SH have you got?It is maybe beacuse of the version.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

Um, just the regular one for the PS, why, can you not get it in some versions? It's just, i have all the other extra weapons, and that's the only one I don't have, so i want it... :roll:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i didnt think the versions mattered you using PAL
sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

GAh, I will never get the katana. Stupid door, if I DO ever get it i'm going to stab the door over and over, and the door won't say no :shock:

But seriously, i'm going to try again soon and if that doesn't work, well then I'll just sit in my room and dip cookies in my tears :cry:
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Post by GioGio »

sweet_weeping_silence wrote:Um, just the regular one for the PS, why, can you not get it in some versions? It's just, i have all the other extra weapons, and that's the only one I don't have, so i want it... :roll:
That's not it cause I have the regualr/standard version, and I got the Katana.
If I remeber correctly, I got it on my second play through.
I also made sure to start a new game using the next fear mode.
Ppl say if you get the bad ending, you get the Katana, but I got the good+ending and got the Katana.
Did you try starting a New Fear game?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

Yeah, i remeber doing that cause I was wondering what the New Fear mode was. I'm going to play it tonight and see what happens, i have a file ready to go, and it's a new fear file. Cross your fingers people :o
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

This is how I did it:

1. Played on Hard
2. Got gold in the 'Saves Catergory' (only allowed 2)
3. Got the 'Bad+' ending
4. Load Next Fear, it's in the house you use the 'dog house key' to get into
"The Body Is Cold?"
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Just to be sure you can get it you after finish the game you can see the weapòns that hasve been unlocked (I thinkl is in the ranlking screen but I can't remember) Anyway if the katana isn'¡t spinning there you didn't get it... If is a version matter you; does the door says this locked or brocken? If is locked you can open it then, buit is broken is useless try it more... I dunno...
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Remember that I got it in my second time in the game in that room, and it was open.I got the Bad+ ending.

Luke01
Just Passing Through

Post by Luke01 »

I haven't got the katana, but in gamespot it says that you have to beat it 3 times and at least one time in normal mode.
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

Well sweet_weeping_silence, I started playing SH1 on easy yesterday finished and got the Good + ending, then saved Next Fear over privious file, loaded new game (now normal) from Next Fear and when I got to the house, the door was unlocked.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
LASTSURVIVOR
Just Passing Through

Post by LASTSURVIVOR »

Well that happened to me too a long time ago, about 2 years ago i started playing silent hill 1, my first video game for playstation one, my first time trough i got the bad+ ending, in my second time around i got the rockdrill and I got the good+ ending, in that time i didnt know there was a katana, i found out in the internet and it said that you only had to beat the game once to get it so on my third time around i went down to the house and try opening the door to get the katana but it wuz locked, i just kept going and i got the UFO ending....but i never got the katana.....
"WELCOME TO AN ENDLESS NIGHTMARE OF PAIN AND SUFFERING"
hksilvia
Just Passing Through

Post by hksilvia »

same here, i can never get the katana no matter how many times i played it, and the door keep saying LOCKED not jammed, i duuno why:(
Silent Hill > Biohazard :)
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

"same here, i can never get the katana no matter how many times i played it, and the door keep saying LOCKED not jammed, i duuno why:("

Because it implies that it can be opened at a later time - I'm not sure why it's not working for you, though. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out for sure in my game to know if it works, but are you sure you've met all the requirements to get the weapon?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: The Katana

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

sweet_weeping_silence wrote:Alright, I have played SH about 20 times through now, have gotten EVERY ending and I still can't get the katana. I read somewhere that it is supposed to be on the otherside of the locked door in the house with the dog house infront of it, but when I try, the door is never open. Is it really there or am I just looking in the wrong place?

(sorry if this was answered before :oops: )
Hmmm....... First time I played I got Bad+ ending, then I got good+ ending and then I got the katana. Maybe it has something to do with the + endings.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by the man in the planet »

just played through on a new file and i didn't get the katana to show up in the unlocked items screen at the end (got the good+ ending). i think i played on medium and on the end screen it says "Next play hard mode" or something like that. wonder if that's a clue? i've NEVER gotten it, either.
[img]http://www.rubbersquare.com/flipsig.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It seems theres alot of confusion over this. The way I did this was by playing on normal and achieving the good+ ending by using the aglaophotis and finishing the Annies bar quest. I then got the bad ending by killing Cybil and ignoring Annies bar.

Im not sure what triggers it however it is essential to load the next fear game instead of selecting new game, on the next run through otherwise your previous ending doesn't get registered through.

I'm fairly certain that if you start the game on normal and get good+ and then do next fear on hard and get bad you will get the katana.

somthing else worth noting I did not use the ammo multiplier although I have no idea whether that would effect it.