Could someone explain to me these things...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Could someone explain to me these things...

Post by Anonymous »

There are 3 things in silent hill that I couldn't figure out... (maybe spoilers)

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
What do the wheel chairs mean other than a reference to Jacob's ladder?
Who is leanard Rhine? At first I had this confused with Leanard wolf but then I noticed a different surname. I remember seeing this name in the message written next to the body in the boys rest room located on the 1st floor in the alternate school. The message states "Leanard Rhine, the monster lurks."
In the end scene at the heart of the place known as nowhere where the incubus fight takes place there is a body in a wheel chair positioned to the left of Allessa. It combines with her to summon the god. It is because of this that this body seems to have some connection to the events that occur. My question is whos is this body that sits in the wheel chair and what gives it such purpose that it can be used in a ritual to spawn the god?
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I just can answer the questions 2 and 3...
The message leonard Rhines, The monster Lurks is talking about 2 books that are at the alternate library reserve... the Monster Lurks book talks about how to defeat the Lizard, The Leonard Rhines book talks about how the fears and emotions of the teenagers can become a reality, specially with the girls... This is a hint about Alessa...
I can asnwer the first qauestion cause I haven't seen jacob's Ladder
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ah yes the two books I recognised the title of one being the monster lurks however I didn't piece together the Leanard Rhine part. I was hoping that message ran a little deeper but oh well.

Thank you for the explanation.

The other two questions are still open if anyone else can help me.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Ooops... Sorry, I forgot answer the other question
The charred bopdy on the wheel chair is the old Alssa's body who has burned 7 years ago
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes that makes sense because cheryls body was changed into Allessas new body if I'm not mistaken.

I'm guessing that the wheel chair is just a symbol of Allessas suffering since her body was contained to a wheel chair
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

The wheel chairs....

Alessa in the hospital with the burns.
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I understood the second and third question, but what is Jacob's ladder?
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>What do the wheel chairs mean other than a reference to Jacob's ladder?
See your own question #3.

>Leanard Rhine, the monster lurks.
L E O N A R D R H I N E T H E M O N S T E R L U R K S = 27 digits
T I M O T H Y F L Y T E T H E A N C I E N T E N E M Y = 27 digits

It's from the Dean Koontz novel, Phantoms.

>whos is this body that sits in the wheel chair...?
They are the two aspects of Alessa: fourteen years ago & seven years ago. The essence that is Alessa, and the essence that is "Cheryl".
Last edited by The Adversary on 17 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
F

Post by F »

http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=157

Again, why nobody takes a look at this?
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Because making a new post is easier than looking at a floated topic, apparently.. Frank Sullivan please be more careful next time and search through topics, or at least the stickied ones, to see if your questions have been answered. :)

And just as a sidenote: I think the wheelchairs are related to many more movies than simply Jacob's Ladder. Most notably, The Changeling.

However, since the third question is completely different from the first two.. I guess this stays open.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks I did check the forum first however I didn't recognise what I saw as the answer to my question sorry for my mistakes

thanks for the answers though
F

Post by F »

No problem, Frank. Just check it out whenever you've got time in your hands and you'll get a few kicks out of it.