Just when I thought it couldnt get any better...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Houtakiboy
Just Passing Through

Just when I thought it couldnt get any better...

Post by Houtakiboy »

...I discover the semi-first person view mode, which I think is unlocked when you complete the next fear mode, or something.

You can toggle it on or off , but when it's on you see the action from just behind Harry's head. Its amazing. Ive never seen a view like it in any other game. It makes the gameplay more atmospheric and claustraphobic, because your perspective is much nearer to Harry's.

Im now re-playing Silent Hill, mostly using this mode and the sweat is pumping out of me. Im in Midwich Elementary at the moment, using the hyperblaster for all its worth. It may be a weak beam, but it's good from a distance.

Anyone else prefer to play it with this unique viewing mode?
He who is not bold enough to be stared at from across the abyss,
is not bold enough to stare into it himself.
Snowcone
Just Passing Through

Post by Snowcone »

I've never tried it, but based on what you're saying I think I'll fire it up and give it a shot!
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Snowcon3.gif[/img]
In my restless dreams, I see that place...
Houtakiboy
Just Passing Through

Post by Houtakiboy »

Just remember, you can only switch it on from the alternative second options screen that you get to by holding down the shoulder buttons after accessing the main options screen. You probably know this already, but Im just checking. Its a fantastic mode.

To toggle it on set VIEW CONTROL to REVERSE and the VIEW MODE to SELF VIEW. Then, in normal play you will have the SELF VIEW as default and you return to the normal view by pressing the look button (r2). Its all about personal preference whether you toggle it on or off. Enjoy :P

PS- of you play it on the PS2 go into the Playstation Driver section in the options and set the smooth texture mode to on. It makes SH look a little less pixelated, thus adding to the experience.
He who is not bold enough to be stared at from across the abyss,
is not bold enough to stare into it himself.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

There was a gameshark code that would allow you to do the same thing. Not onl that but also walk through walls!
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

i remember there was also a code that was *supposed* to give you the hyperblaster, but if it was your first time through, it was disabled until the next game. lol.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down