The Marks all around Dark Silent Hill....(Spoiler Alert)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

The Marks all around Dark Silent Hill....(Spoiler Alert)

Post by Conjurer »

Hello people, after watching the movie...I was in the mood for playing the games...lol. So I'm playing silent hill 1 and im at the point were im trying to catch Alessa...and Dahilia says that the "demon" is trying to sread its evil by putting the mark of samael all over town
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
(which was actually a lie, it was the seal of metratron, later mentioned by dahlia)
, Dahlia tells Harry that the "darkness is taking over the town, and when nightmare world shifts into silent hill when your walking on the bridge to the light house...it changes differently then usual....anyways...this whole load of crap brings up two questions.....1) why did nightmare world come in like this? 2) Why was Alessa placing the seals of metratron around the Dark S.H. anyways? What purpose does it serve? Sorry if my messege is to long..... :P
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>why did nightmare world come in like this?
Because Alessa's suasion & influence is spreading further.

>Why was Alessa placing the seals of metratron around the Dark S.H. anyways?
By using the Virun VII Crest, she intends to seal the town into the Abyss, thus negating her existence, her mothers, the towns, Gods, and everyone elses.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
The Red Devil
Just Passing Through

Post by The Red Devil »

Wow St. Thomas...that was a great answer lol......i probably woulda said something like:
> Why did nightmare world come in like this?
I never thought about that, good point

>Why was Alessa placing seals of metratron around the Dark S.H. anyways?
Cause she's freakin crazay!!
EDH
Erectile Dis-function Highlander
"THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!"
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

St. Thomas wrote:>why did nightmare world come in like this?

By using the Virun VII Crest, she intends to seal the town into the Abyss, thus negating her existence, her mothers, the towns, Gods, and everyone elses.
Um...ok....how whould the seal of metratron negate everyones existence in silent hill..? Their are alot of theories that their not even really in silent hill.....rather...in Alessas world...
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Osmund Saddler wrote:
St. Thomas wrote:>why did nightmare world come in like this?

Um...ok....how whould the seal of metratron negate everyones existence in silent hill..? Their are alot of theories that their not even really in silent hill.....rather...in Alessas world...
i think you're reaching with that, the "nightmare" world is very much a part of silent hill. it transforms everything, but then everything is transformed back. regardless of where, or what "world" they were in, it would seal Silent Hill in the abyss, and Harry, Dahlia, Lisa, Cheryl, Cybil, the Doc, Alessa and even Samael were IN that physical, geographical location, that location would cease to exist.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The [otherside] is Alessa's "nightmarish delusions come to life," just as Harry postulates; Nowhere is the "deepest part of Alessa's subconscious." From Silent Hill 3, one learns that the Virun VII Crest is extremely powerful, whether it be used for good or evil: for Alessa, it bears a neutral effect, in that it's power is being used to destroy God entirely--to some, a bad idea; to others, good.

Had the Virun VII Crest been placed at Lakeside Amusement Park, the town would've been sealed into the Abyss, as well as everything in it, thus destroying God, Alessa, Harry, Dahlia, et cetera. That was Alessa's intent.

One other thing, jthomp: Samael doesn't exist as anything but a name erroneously equated with the Virun VII Crest. It is not the name of an entity or deity.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Samael has often been associated as another name for Satan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael

But of course, with all your great wisdom and knowledge, you knew this, correct?
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

No. What he's saying is that the God is not Satan and is certainly not Samael. Dahlia used that name to trick Harry and the players, and apparently her trick still works.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>you knew this, correct?
Being an angelologist for eight years, yes, I knew this. In fact, I was one of the first people in the Silent Hill community to present this. That's irrelevant though. What isn't: It's an irrefutable fact that the name of God is not Samael.

I really need to finish that essay. Remind me tonight, Krist.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

i never said Samael was the name of God, Samael was associated with the demon in SH1. and just because you were the first to present it, doesn't mean you were the first to know it.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

What he's saying is that it's not only wrong to call God Samael but it's wrong to associate the two, because that's not the name of God, and isn't the name of anything physical (or metaphysical) - and isn't anything at all in the series. Dahlia called it the Mark of Samael, yes, but she also said that a demon was going to eat the town and had Harry's daughter - which isn't true. Dahlia then went on to totally contradict herself and say that she was shocked that the "Talisman/Seal of Metatron" was being spread around town. The only seal/mark/anything spread around was what she'd previously called the Mark of Samael, thus, she's a liar.

SH3 clearly points that out, too, when Heather holds up the seal and Claudia repeats its name. "The Seal of Metatron?"

Sorry if I'm repeating something you already know.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>just because you were the first to present it, doesn't mean you were the first to know it.
You asked whether or not I knew that. I told you I did, and have for years--long before I'd played Silent Hill in '99.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Psypher
Just Passing Through

Post by Psypher »

Wow.... okay, now I'm confused. I've been calling the God Samael for ages :D

So, does this God actually have a name? Or does the cult just refer to it as "God" the way many religions do?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

God has many names, according to the different Sects.

To the Sect of the Holy Woman (Dahlia, Claudia), It is called: God, Creator of Paradise, Lord of Serpents & Reeds.

To the Sect of the Holy Mother (Jimmy Stone, George Rosten, Walter Sullivan), It is called: God, the Holy Mother.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I do not disagree with the name(s) of their God(s). What I do disagree with is the notion that Samael has no meaning/existance in the SH world. This is just not so, IMO. Every single player I have ever talked to and every guide I've ever read has referred to Samael in some fasion. Every guide I've ever read has referred to the great winged demon, that is forced out of Alessa/Cheryl's body in SH1, is in fact Samael. I have thought this from the moment I first fought him and will continue to do so. He is even listed in SH's list of monsters. No Samael is not their God, but he is indeed a demon and indeed you do fight him.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Si ... l_monsters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Si ... characters -- refer to Alessa Gillespie
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>This is just not so, IMO.
I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. Every guide you have read is mistaken and contradict what the game explicitly states. God is never referred to as anything but God; It is most definitely never referred to as Samael. The great winged demon is officially called Incubus--not once has it been called Samael by the developers.

The two final bosses official names from Silent Hill 1 are: Incubus & Incubator. They are both, in actuality, God: the Incubus is Dahlia's vision of God; the Incubuator is Alessa's.

This is all fact, confirmed by the games. Wikipedia is a reliable source of misinformation, and is not to be used if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm not being an ass here, but I feel strongly about misinformation within the Silent Hill communities--and the concept of Samael being anything is incorrect.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

St. Thomas wrote:>This is just not so, IMO.
I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. Every guide you have read is mistaken and contradict what the game explicitly states. God is never referred to as anything but God; It is most definitely never referred to as Samael. The great winged demon is officially called Incubus--not once has it been called Samael by the developers.
The two final bosses official names from Silent Hill 1 are: Incubus & Incubator. They are both, in actuality, God: the Incubus is Dahlia's vision of God; the Incubuator is Alessa's.

This is all fact, confirmed by the games. Wikipedia is a reliable source of misinformation, and is not to be used if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm not being an ass here, but I feel strongly about misinformation within the Silent Hill communities--and the concept of Samael being anything is incorrect.
Yes, you'll have to excuse me to believe that something that was written by fans themselves is incorrect, I guess the people who wrote those articles failed to actually play the games, and they obviously forgot to consult you first, am I right? I'm not being an ass either, I just feel strongly about people who feel they know everything and fail to accept that there may be one tiny detail they don't know. I guess I missed it, after playing the game about the 50th time, I missed the little banner above the demon's head that said "Incubator" on it, I guess I'll have to look more closely next time.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I guess the people who wrote those articles failed to actually play the games
No, I'm sure they played the game. But, they failed to analyze it thoroughly, and take into consideration what the other games have proven--most notably: Silent Hill 3. It proves that Samael is nothing more than a term given to the Virun VII Crest, and erroneously equated with God.

I've never denied that there are things I don't have an answer. This, however, is fact. I can safely claim that without it ever being turned against me or proven otherwise.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

St. Thomas wrote:>I guess the people who wrote those articles failed to actually play the games
No, I'm sure they played the game. But, they failed to analyze it thoroughly, and take into consideration what the other games have proven--most notably: Silent Hill 3.
If you had even looked at those articles, you would have seen clearly in the TOC that Silent Hill 3 is mentioned on both of them. There are many references to SH3 as well.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Wikipedia is full of misinformation. I've gone through every page they have concerning Silent Hill and have marked every bit of erroneous information. The authors of that have clearly not applied the information provided in Silent Hill 3 to back their claims up--because it contradicts what they've stated.

Please tell me: When in Silent Hill 1 & 3 do the characters call God, or "the demon," the name Samael?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.