Power in her finger tips

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

emptimass
Subway Guard

Power in her finger tips

Post by emptimass »

I have been reading through the SH1 topics and getting up to speed on some of the latest and greatest. I was looking for a subject in particular and did not see it addressed. I am sure that with as many years as the forum has been around that it has been discussed. I just cannot find it.

Here is the subject:

Alessa's power/abilities. I was trying to figure out where the source of her power comes from. Was she born with them and the town itself enhanced/stacked with hers, or is it that her power/ability is to be able to maipulate the powers that be within the region itself? I guess that that was never really made clear that I recall.

If her ability is to manipulate the existing powers that be, then would she have had any power outside of Silent Hill? That is kind of where I am going with this. I am looking over the scripts for SH and jogging my memory for an answer. Anybody have any pointers in the right direction?
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Power in her finger tips

Post by Joseph »

Alessa did have some unusual powers. It's not like my mother or my mother's mother, or even Dahlia could become the Mother of God.
But, as implied by the other installments of the series, it's not Alessa that messed things up.
Something was really wrong with Silent Hill from the very beginning and Alessa is just in medias res at this gigantic chain of weird and unexplained events (e.g.: Toluca Lake's accidents).
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

In SH3 things went to hell when Heather lost control of her emotions. The "god" stirring within. That would have been the, or a source of power in SH3.

The case may be the same for SH1. Damn it! I cannot remember if Alessa was born with the "god" inside or if that came later. Looks like I need to do some more digging.

^I understand that Alessa did have unusual abilities/powers. Is SH the source though? Without SH would there be any power/abilities to speak of?
Last edited by emptimass on 04 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Joseph »

Alessa was not born with the God growing inside her.
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Yes, Dahlia and the others implanted the God as an embryo inside of her so it could be born later after gaining nourishment from her hatred.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

As i have learned from the series is that Alessa had powers from her own; Dahlia abused them in order for Alessa to bring forth God. This backlashed ofcourse, causing otherworlds and the story of SH1
In 3 we learn that Dahlia possibly has some powers, and causes God inside Heather to stir again, leading up to the story in SH3
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

ashatteredmemory wrote:In 3 we learn that Dahlia possibly has some powers, and causes God inside Heather to stir again, leading up to the story in SH3
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only mentions of Dahlia Gillespie in Silent Hill 3 are when Vincent refers to her as an old hag and Heather tells Douglas about Alessa's childhood. By the time of 3, Dahlia has been dead and gone for years. The only reason 'God' awakens inside Heather is because of Claudia's influence, first by plunging Heather into the Otherworld, then by
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
killing Harry Mason
, which causes Heather to seek vengeance, which if you remember Claudia's explanation is what nourishes the 'God' inside Heather.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

Probably meant claudia, not dahlia.
I always thought of carrie when it came to alessa
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Droo

Post by Droo »

If one decides to take the implications of Homecoming to its extremes (as I have chosen to do), there is an argument that Dahlia's sect willed God into Alessa by delusion alone.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

WARNING: EXTREME SPECULATION AND?OR SPOILERS AHEAD

All the stuff about Alessa aside, I do believe that the town itself has some power. There are many things in the series collectively that imply that it is the individuals causing it (and it is) but I think that Silent Hill itself has power. This isn't just because of the "Land of the Silenced Spirit" thing, but because of the location 'calling out' to people as it does.

Basically, I think it's both.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The area Silent Hill was built on always had power of some sort. Alessa, born a normal girl otherwise, seemed to have psychic powers, but she can apparently use them even if she's not in the town, and because of her powers, her mother used her to try and create a God.

Why does Alessa have these powers? My idea is that some people are just "Receptive" to the town's powers, and a piece of power just broke off inside Alessa when she was born.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Uyrikeustek wrote:Yes, Dahlia and the others implanted the God as an embryo inside of her so it could be born later after gaining nourishment from her hatred.
Uh, there was no God embryo-thing. She was impregnated (for want of a better word) through a ritual, not some weird cult like version of IVF.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I know that the ground itself is tainted. The region of Silent Hill has always been a little/a lot off. Like the barrier between our world and another is thin or starting to fray.

>Alessa, born a normal girl otherwise, seemed to have psychic powers

Right. If anything, the existing power within the region only made Alessa more powerful, or broadened her so called psychic scope. The area of Silent Hill later becoming her playground of chaos.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Shadow wrote:
ashatteredmemory wrote:In 3 we learn that Dahlia possibly has some powers, and causes God inside Heather to stir again, leading up to the story in SH3
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only mentions of Dahlia Gillespie in Silent Hill 3 are when Vincent refers to her as an old hag and Heather tells Douglas about Alessa's childhood. By the time of 3, Dahlia has been dead and gone for years. The only reason 'God' awakens inside Heather is because of Claudia's influence, first by plunging Heather into the Otherworld, then by
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
killing Harry Mason
, which causes Heather to seek vengeance, which if you remember Claudia's explanation is what nourishes the 'God' inside Heather.
Yes, i meant Claudia, stupid mistake of me :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

^Ah, okay. I only mentioned that because it's implied that both Dahlia and Claudia have powers, so it's hard to tell if someone makes a mistake or not. Dahlia clearly mentions using a spell in the flashbacks in SH1 and (I think) at the end of Origins in her voiceover. And I think I remember either Vincent mentioning it, a memo on it or it was mentioned in the taped conversation between Vincent and another member that Claudia has powers as a 'Seer'.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I only mentioned that because it's implied that both Dahlia and Claudia have powers<
Dahlia doesn't have powers. She's just capable of using magic. Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition reads, "[Alessa's] mother Dahlia may have performed magic and the like, but this does not mean she had special powers."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

^Uh, I've never even heard of that one, and assumed using magic = powers. Sorry for the assumption.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Anyone can perform incantations. Not everyone has special powers like Alessa.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

emptimass wrote:The area of Silent Hill later becoming her playground of chaos.
That was the best way of wording this that I've ever seen on a Silent Hill forum. Short, sweet and straight to the point.

I bet more of your questions will get answered in Past Life. I'm personally on the edge of my seat for it.

Also, while we're on the subject of ritual magic, I don't know any spells that can cause someone to become pregnant with a God. I think various Cult members must have a little power, if not Claudia herself. Idk, maybe I misunderstood the way those parts were worded.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Order has rituals for impregnating people with deities by lighting them on fire.

Are you a wizard? Because otherwise I'm not sure why never having seen such a spell is any sort of argument.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]