Well that was odd

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Well that was odd

Post by Anonymous »

Just completed Silent Hill and if I didn't know the information already I would have been left in the dark. Maybe it's because I didn't watch Alessa's video but it seems like nothing at all was explained.
dan abnormal
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by dan abnormal »

i have just completed it already but didn't understand the story either especially when i got the bad ending, damn.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Unless I missed out some important documents then I'm pretty sure it actually wasn't explained that well at all.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

You have to get the Good ending in order for it to make some kind of sense. Dahlia, during her last soliloquy, helps flesh out the story in more detail. I think that was intentional on Konami's behalf. You have to dig deeper for the story and to understand it all.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
B5160-R

Post by B5160-R »

This game is, indeed, meant to be played more then once.

The game only ends when you turn of you consol. Not necessarily when you finish the game.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Krist. wrote:You have to get the Good ending in order for it to make some kind of sense. Dahlia, during her last soliloquy, helps flesh out the story in more detail. I think that was intentional on Konami's behalf. You have to dig deeper for the story and to understand it all.
I knew I shouldn't have saved Cybil :P

I actually think I missed a lot of things rushing through as the game made no reference to the fire whatsoever...and I distinctly remember figuring out stuff all on my lonesome when I played it back in 2000.

At least i'll have a chainsaw on my 2nd playthrough.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Lisa mentions the fire. Granted, she doesn't know the details behind it, but she mentions it:
Lisa Garland wrote:Lisa: Oh yeah, that crazy Gillespie lady. She’s kinda famous around here. She never sees anybody so I don’t know that much about her, but I heard her kid died in a fire and supposedly she’s been crazy ever since.
Later on in the game, when Harry points out that Dahlia is Alessa's mother, the player can deduce that Alessa is the kid Lisa was talking about. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't there an article in some version of the game that mentions a fire? And doesn't Harry comment on it, saying it's the same date they [he and his wife] found Cheryl?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>correct me if I'm wrong
No need: You're correct.

The date of this article on the fire... it's the same day we found Cheryl.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jo269976
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jo269976 »

Try the different endings :D
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Jo269976/SilentHillSig.jpg[/img]
Meta4
Just Passing Through

Re: Well that was odd

Post by Meta4 »

Raiftel wrote:Just completed Silent Hill and if I didn't know the information already I would have been left in the dark. Maybe it's because I didn't watch Alessa's video but it seems like nothing at all was explained.
That's about right. I think that's the real beauty in SH1. Your left wondering WTF :). I honestly think that if you found everything you needed to know about SH in the first game you missed the true experience.
A fan who has found his way again.
white rabbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Well that was odd

Post by white rabbit »

Meta4 wrote:
Raiftel wrote:Just completed Silent Hill and if I didn't know the information already I would have been left in the dark. Maybe it's because I didn't watch Alessa's video but it seems like nothing at all was explained.
That's about right. I think that's the real beauty in SH1. Your left wondering WTF :). I honestly think that if you found everything you needed to know about SH in the first game you missed the true experience.
And there wouldn't be a point to the multiple endings
"My days of taking you serious are close to a middle." - Firefly
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/iczerfae/All_SHf.jpg[/img]
The Traveller
Just Passing Through

Post by The Traveller »

There is an article in nowere saying that 'Alessa Gillispie was killed at 7 by a fire'
On the 3rd floor in the right door.
[img]http://i36.tinypic.com/2r3y0w9.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It does take Several play throughs lots of extra exploration to understand Silet hill 1 for the most part.....and to come as close as you'll ever come SH3 and the translation of lost memories. Maybe some time in some silent hill forums.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

unfortunately i played SH2-4 and came back and just finished numero uno, actually after seeing the movie. But I kept telling myself during the game, if I hadn't of seen the movie I would have pretty much have been lost. Really you dont get much story until the end, after watching the tape and talking with Dahlia. But the game stays true to the players perspective. Harry has no idea what's going on and 3/4 through the game Harry just starts to connect the dots. So it keeps you in the dark along with Harry, he's just concerned about finding Cheryl. For players who want a full understanding of the story, I think you have to play 1-3 to really grasp it.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

This is the point I was aruing in another thread, that one ending is not the only way it happens. There are multiple endings, as such, you have to do different things to get them. All of the games have great replay value though.

Don't worry though, Raiftel, I didn't completely understand SH1 my first time through either. Oh, and be forewarned, there are some here that will bash you if you say you figured it all out by yourself, because obviously its impossible :P
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

jthomp1286 wrote:Oh, and be forewarned, there are some here that will bash you if you say you figured it all out by yourself, because obviously its impossible :P
Could you try to keep that argument contained within that topic. The last thing we need is spillover debates.
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

T'was just a friendly warning after an unfriendly experience. So let's stay on topic, shall we?
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

jthomp1286 wrote:T'was just a friendly warning after an unfriendly experience. So let's stay on topic, shall we?
Fair enough.
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]