sh1 on the ps2?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Boog
Just Passing Through

Post by Boog »

Do you have the original PS2 or the new slim PStwo system because the new small ones have problems playing PS1 games on it.

I have the original big PS2 system which is my 2nd one since the one my mom got on launch day with Tekken Tag Tournament and my 1st original big PS2 system had disc errors and I had to get another new one as a replacement. The PS1 games load alot faster like for example, Megaman X4 loads so much faster than on the PS1 system which is kinda a good thing. My original Playstation memory cards fit in my PS2 games system's memory card slots too.
8) 8)
The Game Master
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Boog wrote:Do you have the original PS2 or the new slim PStwo system because the new small ones have problems playing PS1 games on it.

I have the original big PS2 system which is my 2nd one since the one my mom got on launch day with Tekken Tag Tournament and my 1st original big PS2 system had disc errors and I had to get another new one as a replacement. The PS1 games load alot faster like for example, Megaman X4 loads so much faster than on the PS1 system which is kinda a good thing. My original Playstation memory cards fit in my PS2 games system's memory card slots too.
8) 8)
it may just be your system, i traded my old PS2 for some good dope, and recently rebought the slim version, plays PSOne games just great...nice to have the modem built in too. :lol:
Boog
Just Passing Through

Post by Boog »

skullfuck wrote:
Boog wrote:Do you have the original PS2 or the new slim PStwo system because the new small ones have problems playing PS1 games on it.

8) 8)
it may just be your system, i traded my old PS2 for some good dope, and recently rebought the slim version, plays PSOne games just great...nice to have the modem built in too. :lol:

Really the slim PStwo must be the later version because some of the early models had problems playing PSOne games. My 2nd older PS2 plays my PS1 games just fine, but I like to use my modded PSOne to play the PS1 games though.

I have a 2nd original PS1 system but without the I/O port that the original game shark cartridge cheat code device went though. I have a modded PSOne that I mentioned earlier and a PS2 but I am getting a slim PStwo and then have it modded. 8) 8)

I love playing import games that don't get released here in the US. 8) :D
The Game Master
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

skullfuck wrote:

8) 8)
AGREED

Ive never had ANY problems playing PSX (that PSone for u youngsters, also a DVD combo in Japan but I wont get into that) on my Slim line PSTwo and it was one of the first batch of slimlines.

Then again Ive had like 4 PS2s :roll: and never had any problems playing any U.S. PSones games on ANY of them be it "fattey" or Slimline versions.
zoso__IV
Just Passing Through

Post by zoso__IV »

Mine works perfectly.
To be safe, don't use the fast disc speed or smoother rendering options.
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/zoso__IV/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/zosoivsig.jpg[/img]
Thanks for the sig Gray Fox!
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

I have 2 PS2's and both play Silent Hill 1 flawlessly. Infact plays all PSX games flawlessly. One of my PS2 was a version 3(?) and has been repaired twice by myself and still plays it fine, just to let you know.

The PSX memory card saves games in 8kb "blocks" whick there are 24 of in a memory card. PS2 memory card is 8,000kb big and each game's save varies from player to player, also all of one type of save are compressed into one file. I'd suggest use the PS2 memory card as a backup for the PSX.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
PetriP-TNT
Just Passing Through

Post by PetriP-TNT »

ravern wrote:yeh i understand how to use one. what i don't understand is why. they seem like the same technology to me so why would u eed the ps1 card?
Well, basically, PS1 and PS2 cards use ALMOST the same technology. You can even copy the PS1 files to PS2 card. But the thing is, that PS1 games dont understand 8mb cards (which is kinda natural, they were made to spot 15 slotters only). So that pretty much explains it. Anyway, stick to Sonys PS1 cards, they shouldnt be very expensive either, and you will have a great time, theres nothing that would stop it (PS2+SH=great :P)