Dream "Bad" Ending? (spoiler?)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Outfoxed wrote:I like it how nearly every ending in SH1 creates or gives a different angle of the events in the game.
Eh, sort of. To me it seems like more of a Choose Your Own Adventure type of deal, since only two events have any sort of bearing on the ending.

I prefer the endings to Silent Hill 2, not just because there are more variables involved, but because each one paints the character of James Sunderland and his entire base motivation in a radically different light. Each different ending shows a James whose entire reason and driving force for being in town differs completely on several fundamental levels from the James of another ending.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I prefer the endings to Silent Hill 2, not just because there are more variables involved, but because each one paints the character of James Sunderland and his entire base motivation in a radically different light. Each different ending shows a James whose entire reason and driving force for being in town differs completely on several fundamental levels from the James of another ending.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Sinweaver
Just Passing Through

Post by Sinweaver »

Whenever I play a game like Silent Hill, I like to find where I'm supposed to go, then go the wrong way. That way I can find rooms I wouldn't have usualy seen if I had gone the direct right way, where there are usually items and in this case, A scene that changes my ending.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i got it the first time i played but soon im gonna go back and play it again , unlike the other ones i only played SH1 once.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In the Lost Memories book, the creators mention that the ending shows Harry unconscious. Not dead. EDIT: This is in response to those guys in page 2 talking about the Bad ending. Sorry for forgetting to use the quote.
Scabbed Angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Scabbed Angel »

I always thought that that ending meant that Harry had died in the crash, and everything else was a death dream... I must say, I like mine better. Really rubs in how poorly you played... also the first ending I got.
Masahiro Ito fanboy
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In this ending Harry fights Alessa, after killing her, he go back his Jeep and find himself death inside, that is what happen, like if the "ghost, spirit, soul, i don't know" of harry was trying to save Cheryl

Well that was my theory
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

UGH! I got that ending like FOUR FREAKING TIMES. I've YET to get another. It exists, most definitely. And it BLOWS.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

saturn beads wrote:UGH! I got that ending like FOUR FREAKING TIMES. I've YET to get another. It exists, most definitely. And it BLOWS.
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2019 :) Remember?

It's hard to say what precisely happened.. the fact that Harry is motionless in his jeep after the wreck, and that we don't get to see the passenger seat to see if Cheryl is still there, makes it hard to determine what's what. It could be all a dream Harry made up - he IS a writer, and needs a good imagination for that - or his spirit could have been whisked away after the wreck to Alessa's world, where it was given a shot at saving her and Cheryl. .. Blah.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This is the image of the bad ending for the people who never achieved it.

I am new to these forums, and have just gotten back into SH gaming, after many years of neglecting it's alure and charm.

Many a late nights were spent in silent hill via the PS, slowly sapping my sanity away, as i made the odd dash for the toilet or the kitchen, either way, i love the titles, and only really play 1 + 2, i enjoy the way they are the only ones that really explore the surroundings as it was supposed to be in the 1st title.

There is something about playing SH 1 + 2 at 3 am, running around the streets doing nothing, just randomly miandering.

Meh, babbling on.

Peace out. 8)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think I got the worst ending possible. Tobad I only played it once. I quit the second time becuase I could'nt find the damn gasoline. :cry:
Faded.Memories
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded.Memories »

First time I played I got the good+ ending, so this time I'm trying for the bad + ending, just to see it. But now that I see the pic, I dont know if it's worth it...
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/sephorasagredo/faded.gif[/img]

[i] ...are my screams just a whisper? [/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You should be able to get the bad ending within 3 hours of gameplay.

Not too taxing to say you have earned it :roll: :P