Lisa's purpose in Silent Hill 1

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

Wait a second. Okay, this makes sense except for one point in particular: Why would the Seal be entrusted with Lisa? I apologize if this was already explained somewhere, but I just can not see the logic in giving it to some random nurse.

Again, apologies if I missed something in the previous text. I am not on top form today.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Lisa was never "some random nurse." She was Alessa's, and Alessa trusted her--probably even loved her. After all: Lisa was the only kind person to Alessa: she brought her gifts, including her diary.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

Ooohhhhh....

See, this is where I got confused. I thought that DHALIA gave the seal to Lisa for safe keeping, not Alessa. Now it makes more sense.

Thanks.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

The hemmorage scene was probably the most wicked thing in the whole game, aside from story telling goes, that scene had a big impact. Remember the first trickle of blood that gets in her eyes? If i saw shit like that for real i would scream like a school girl about to get raped.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
the fifth survivor
Just Passing Through

Post by the fifth survivor »

i thought that Dahlia was just trying to trick Harry into helping her. telling someone to stop the birth of God that will spread darkness into the world sounds easier then saying help me destroy everthing. oh and i thought lisa was just a nurse and, because of her kindness, alyssa didnt want her harmed.
Should you feel that you are being overwhelmed by something, remember:
if something is more powerful then you can handle,
it will kill you.
-Qwerty-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Qwerty- »

Seriously man, did you read the theory or the other posts at all?
the fifth survivor wrote:i thought that Dahlia was just trying to trick Harry into helping her.
Correct.
the fifth survivor wrote:telling someone to stop the birth of God that will spread darkness into the world sounds easier then saying help me destroy everthing.
What are you talking about? Elaborate.
the fifth survivor wrote:oh and i thought lisa was just a nurse and, because of her kindness, alyssa didnt want her harmed.
Yes & no. Alessa kept her alive because she (possibly) loved her but also had her perform a purpose, to upkeep Alchemilla's Virun IIV Crest.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

^What are you talking about? Elaborate.

He means that It would be much more in her interests for Dahlia to lie and claim that she was "trying to stop the Devil from being born." Than saying "Help me birth God so that he can destroy the Earth."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JOHNNYBEGOOD
Just Passing Through

Post by JOHNNYBEGOOD »

This has got to be the most confusing thread I've ever read. Holy crap.
[size=167]ಠ_ಠ[/size]
SteffenRye
Just Passing Through

Post by SteffenRye »

Glazarus wrote:The seal you investigate in Sh3 isn't the virun VII crest...

And for the two reality layers. The reason that beasts from Alessas world invade the Dahlia world is because she gets stronger because of Cheryl. Finally, Dahlias layer gets overlapped by the darkness, inwhich Dahlia herself gets dragged in. The only way to conquer Alessa is to use the flauros, which puts Alessas world into a fragmented memory, the "nowhere".
So, the beasts in Dahlias world is acctually the invading otherworld, due to Cheryl.
Couldn't of said it better myself :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I agree with Rob Matter's inference on this. And if I may repeat myself again, why does the seal is tattooed in Valtiel's shoulders, and furthermore, why the enochian words around the Crest mean Xuchilbara, albeit roughly spelled? And why in the fight between James and the two Pyramid Heads you can see the Crest? Because it was supposed to be the seal of the order, as the Halo Of The Sun was created later. They simply made things as they went along with the games.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>it was supposed to be the seal of the order
False. Alessa remembers drawing the Halo of the Sun as a child. If it had been created recently, she wouldn't have been drawing it as a child.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

No, it's not quite false. My point was that the Crest was shown in the first two games, and then the Halo Of The Sun was created for the third game. And that's where lies the inconsistency of the SH series - as I've said, they've made up things as they went along.

As for the inconsistency itself, it's the fact that despite Alessa remembering drawing it as a child, it has Alessa's and Dahlia's names on it. If the facts presented on the games after SH2 are canon, well then I can safely say that they've made it up, because it begs for the questions: why Valtiel has the Crest on his shoulders, and why the Crest's enochian letters spell Xuchilbara? Furthermore, as you've suggested on one of your theories, the cult has been trying to have a mother of God since the beggining of their existence, but their attempts with other girls failed until Alessa was begot. That said, the Halo Of The Sun couldn't have Alessa's and Dahlia's names on it since the cult was formed.

That's why I've said that it was supposed to be the seal of the order, although that was a wrong assumption indeedly - I actually agree that it wasn't supposed to be the definitive seal, but we only get to know what it is, regardless of Dahlia's mentioning of it in SH1, on SH3, which shows it as an artifact supposed to be used for either good or bad purposes, often with disastrous results if not used carefully.

And as I've said before, Valtiel's shoulders have the Crest tattooed on him, and it spells Xuchilbara, so how can the seal be a neutral artifact, and that it can be also used to counteract the power of God, if God's valet has it imprinted on him, and that it has the name of the Crimson One on it? There must be some connection with the cult if we consider these two facts; however, if it is what it is as explained on SH3, then they're contradicting themselves, so if I may repeat my inference, it's an inconsistency of the games, and they've made these things up as they went along. And that's my point.

So, I stand corrected; it wasn't supposed to be the seal of the order as you've said, but it's undeniable that it has a connection to the cult and one of its deities given the two aforementioned facts, and still, nobody could properly explain why is that so. Hence, the point I've made.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

So, I stand corrected; it wasn't supposed to be the seal of the order as you've said, but it's undeniable that it has a connection to the cult and one of its deities given the two aforementioned facts, and still, nobody could properly explain why is that so. Hence, the point I've made.
Did anyone say OTHERWISE, though?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

what about lisa's image when you first meet her, there is a picture of a woman (probably Lisa) that can be seen while the FMV is being played, but you cnnot see it after that is only visible in that FMV, has someone noticed that? I think I mentioned before somewhere...

well it's been more than 2 years since I wrote this so I decided to write this, possibly someone will find this topic and write about it, and possibly someone will know what I am talking about Lisa's image in the opening FMV
nanook in heaven...
FailingCancer
Just Passing Through

Post by FailingCancer »

Okay, so Lisa was Alessa's embodiment of the Virun 7 to spread the Seal of Metatron around town to prevent God's arrival, but dissapeted when Harry used the Flauros on Alessa, which then created Nowhere because Alessa was losing control and everything began smashing together?
Is that right?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Basically, yes.
FailingCancer
Just Passing Through

Post by FailingCancer »

Hooray! One for me! But, how was the seal spread? Does Lisa's encounters with Harry cause him in a way virally affect the areas he entered to create it?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Alessa is going to the locations and laying them down, remember? That's why we see her spirit teleporting all over the place.
FailingCancer
Just Passing Through

Post by FailingCancer »

*FACEPALM* How could I forget that?!?!?!?!?!? Well there goes that point!
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

FailingCancer wrote:Okay, so Lisa was Alessa's embodiment of the Virun 7 to spread the Seal of Metatron around town to prevent God's arrival, but dissapeted when Harry used the Flauros on Alessa, which then created Nowhere because Alessa was losing control and everything began smashing together?
Is that right?
and thats also why Lisa began to break down.... and somehow it has a connection of the Virun Crest in SH3.... since the crest's power already broke down in SH1, thats why the power didnt work in SH3