Lisa's purpose in Silent Hill 1

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

SyphonFilter1987

Post by SyphonFilter1987 »

FailingCancer wrote:*FACEPALM* How could I forget that?!?!?!?!?!? Well there goes that point!
:lol:
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

^ I repeat: do not post pointless, one-word or one-smiley responses. Either write something meaningful or don't write anything at all.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
FailingCancer
Just Passing Through

Post by FailingCancer »

So the Virun 7 is the Seal of Metatron (did I spell that right?) ?

Okay so to recap:
The Lisa Garland in the Otherworld that is encountered time and again by Harry Mason is actually Alessa Gillespie's embodiment of the Virun 7 crest, which she is spreading across Silent Hill to prevent the god's birth. But when Harry uses the Flauros against Alessa, her power weakened, losing Lisa, and causing everything to impact together creating Nowhere. Then, the Virun 7 is simply a piece of junk being coveted by crazy ole' Leonard Wolf.

I hope that's right. Right?
SyphonFilter1987

Post by SyphonFilter1987 »

Vixx wrote:^ I repeat: do not post pointless, one-word or one-smiley responses. Either write something meaningful or don't write anything at all.

I'm sorry. :oops: I just noticed your remarks now. Next time, send me a PM.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

So the Virun 7 is the Seal of Metatron (did I spell that right?) ?

Okay so to recap:
The Lisa Garland in the Otherworld that is encountered time and again by Harry Mason is actually Alessa Gillespie's embodiment of the Virun 7 crest, which she is spreading across Silent Hill to prevent the god's birth. But when Harry uses the Flauros against Alessa, her power weakened, losing Lisa, and causing everything to impact together creating Nowhere. Then, the Virun 7 is simply a piece of junk being coveted by crazy ole' Leonard Wolf.

I hope that's right. Right?
Pretty much, though two points: 1) Lisa isn't the EMBODIMENT of Alchemilla's Virun 7 Crest, but it's keeper, 2) It's unknown whether or not the Virun 7 Crest would have even worked in SH1; the Flauros isn't necessarily the cause of the Crest losing it's power in SH3. It might've either never had power, of it only worked because of Alessa's faith, which Heather doesn't have.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

It most likely would have worked had Alessa been allowed to lay them all down. After all, they were powerful enough to seal parts of the foggy realm into the Otherside for a while after being laid down.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or, much more likely, the shifts were Alessa's own psyche at work, and she put the seals down at those times.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

Too bad she can't be saved. She was cute too!!
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

SAQOA wrote:The seal of Metatron, Metatron is named after the 'agent of god'. Valtiel is the 'agent of god' of the cult. And the Seal of Metatron has the power to protect.

So in Sh3 hospital we see the seal of metatron, and Heather remembers Lisa saying "Why? What is keeping that child alive?" Why did she ask?, because she dident know. And could the thing thats keeping that girl (Alessa) alive, be something to do with the seal of metatron? Well thats the meaning behiind the seal appearing and what Lisa says..

Next in the otherside we see Valtiel, above a bed that Alessa was on for 7 years before Sh1. Im saying that while Lisa thought Alessa was just 'in that hospital room' somehow staying alive for 7 years. But on the otherside Alessa's 'point of view' from below Valtiel can be seen in the Sh3 intro-song movie, it shows Valtiel in that red-room, turning the valve which can be seen as keeping her alive.

Oh yeah, and the seal of Metatron (which protects) is also burnt into Valtiel's skin.
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1328/sh3cam250cy.jpg
What if....
Lisa was held responsible to hold the Seal of Metatron by Alessa when she was alive but unknowingly. Since the fact that Metatron means "protect" and Lisa was taking care of Alessa. When Lisa said "What is keeping that child alive?!", she didn't know that she really was the one keeping her alive. Alessa resurrected/manifested her. So maybe that is the reason why Lisa is tortured. IT IS ALL ALESSA'S FAULT!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Lisa's true purpose was to piss off Harry to no end.
SilentWren

Re: Lisa's purpose in Silent Hill 1

Post by SilentWren »

Nnnnnnnecrobump.

I read the first two pages, and this last one. And I still don't get it. Actually, I'm so confused, that I think I understand it, yet I don't. (What?)

The point of being something's keeper is to keep it safe, right? How can Lisa keep the seal safe if she's all cooped up in the hospital? I agree that Lisa had a special role in the first game, and that it had to have something to do with Alessa, but I'm unable to wrap my mind around this. When I hear "keeper," it makes me think that Lisa would be the one to spread the seal around town.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

SilentWren wrote:Nnnnnnnecrobump.

I read the first two pages, and this last one. And I still don't get it. Actually, I'm so confused, that I think I understand it, yet I don't. (What?)

The point of being something's keeper is to keep it safe, right? How can Lisa keep the seal safe if she's all cooped up in the hospital? I agree that Lisa had a special role in the first game, and that it had to have something to do with Alessa, but I'm unable to wrap my mind around this. When I hear "keeper," it makes me think that Lisa would be the one to spread the seal around town.
"Keeper" simply means Lisa was entrusted with it. Alessa still created the seals/crests, but if Lisa was indeed the keeper of the seal/crest then all she had to do was sit there and keep it safe. Nothing more. As for being stuck in the hospital, that's probably where the seal was supposed to be, hence her being stuck there. Really, there's no safe place in the otherworld, but each seal was to be placed, and remain, in their own sections. Besides, the room she was hiding in was relatively safe from monsters, so if she was indeed the keeper all she had to do was sit in there and wait for Alessa to finish.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

So...in what way was she the keeper? Like, if anything happened to her, everyone was fucked, or what?

EDIT: Lock this. AITT opened another thread.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

We're not going to lock it just because you don't need it anymore, don't be presumptious.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

SilentWren wrote:So...in what way was she the keeper? Like, if anything happened to her, everyone was fucked, or what?
In order to be the keeper of the crest she simply had to have it on her/with her/whatever. Nothing more than that. I don't know if she could be killed prior to the flauros messing everything up though. If the crest can prevent her from becoming a puppet nurse, then perhaps it could keep her safe from other harm. After all, it can do whatever the caster wants it to do. Perhaps the one Lisa had was also supposed to keep her temporally safe until the other crests were completed. But then, if something could happen to Lisa, I don't think that would've ruined Alessa's plans. She could've just placed another crest at the hospital because she would still have her powers. The Flauros is what was needed to stop her.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I was only saying we should close it because now there's a thread with active members going about the same thing.
Good thoughts, SS.

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

If this thread is less relevant to you, you can choose not to post in it. I'm not comfortable shutting down an original theory that's been under discussion off and on for five years just because another thread was opened that makes it more accessible. As alone in the town was quick to point out, he didn't come up with this theory, and it wouldn't be fair to sweep this thread under the rug just because it's old. While having things neatly laid out is extremely helpful, it's also nice to be able to look back and see how the discussion (and, by extension, the theory) evolved.

Personally, I feel that both threads could remain open, but if the other mods disagree and one of them has to be closed, I would lock the newer one and ask AITT to append his clarified version of the theory onto this thread.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Back on topic here.
Lisa's purpose is to look after Alessa, as she is her nurse.
Correct?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^^sounds good to me!

^Lisa isn't looking after her during the events of the game, though. She's stuck in the otherworld, and is under the impression that she got knocked out "before everything started." But it'll be interesting to see where you're going with this.

Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

helldescent wrote:Back on topic here.
Lisa's purpose is to look after Alessa, as she is her nurse.
Correct?
She was Alessa's nurse, but she doesn't seem to remember a thing by the time we meet her. However, this theory isn't about that. It's about why Lisa is in the otherworld. As this theory states, it's because she is the Keeper of the Virun VII Crest that was to be placed at Alchemilla Hospital.