What Does This Building Have To Do With SH1?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

Flauros is really a Demon in the Kabbalistic religion, along with Sammael. In the game, they changed it into a little magic pyramid. I don't believe the thing is evil, but you have to realize that 1/2 of Alessa's soul is possessed by the Demon (the Incubus). So, it naturally has powers against her.
I'm offended by political correctness.
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

The demon from Kabbalistic religon is from what I read, trapped or lives inside brass pyramids.

See the resemblence?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
boblecon1096
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by boblecon1096 »

Actually, the Flauros (the entity) needs to enter a triangle if you want it to be sincere. Thus the link with the pyramid object
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

Glazarus wrote:The demon from Kabbalistic religon is from what I read, trapped or lives inside brass pyramids.

See the resemblence?
Didn't know it actually was inside a pyramid. :) I just thought they made it like that because pyramids are more mysterious than cubes. Hehe.
I'm offended by political correctness.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^ pyramids also give most people,not all,but some, a direct mental link to ancient egypt and shows that aspect of magick built into a religon.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Alessa is not posessed by a demon, she's impregnated by a God.

The Flauros was simply a relic that can be used against enchanted entities.

Sounds cheap, yes, Sh1 wasn't as fleshed out as the others, at the time.

Dahlia could use it to destroy Alessa's grip on the otherworld, and then release God within her. Dahlia couldn't get close enough, so she used Harry to do it.

The Flauros is honestly just a plot device, I don't think too much of it.

the aglaophotis at least has ties to real world religions...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Back to that house. In Silent Hill 2 , in one of the endings has a house very similar to the one seen in Silent Hill 1. I believe it's the ending where James tries to bring Mary back to life, by using dark magic. Anyone remember this ?
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

I know what you're saying, but the area around the house doesn't look like it's anywhere near a lake.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

In Silent Hill 2's Rebirth ending, James goes to a church, not a house, on an island.

Edit: It's early & I'm sick.
Last edited by The Adversary on 21 Dec 2005, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's sweet. Thanks for clearing that up. ^_^
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Good pic Adversary and sorry your not feeling so hot.
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

Wow,I always thought that was the house where Harry and his wife lived.The same house she got sick in.
Agahnim
Just Passing Through

Post by Agahnim »

That's the insane kook Dahlia's house before she burnt it down. That's where Alyssa became a burn victim.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Agahnim/Banners/Agahnimcopy.jpg[/img]
Thanks XxMAGGOTxX for the awsome sig.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

nice picture.. * completly thrown off the subject* im such a moron.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Somber One wrote:Is that building the orphanage?
No. The Orphanage only appears on Silent Hill 4, it's some place near Toluka lake. This house is (I think so) Dahlia's house. But in the game there's nothing to prube that
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

And the house is in Central Silent Hill.

Whereabout in Central Silent Hill? I know it's not there anymore, but it'd be interesting to know what street they lived on.
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

Could it be Burning House the picture that hangs in the one of the various cells in Silent Hill 2, you are thinking of?
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Whereabout in Central Silent Hill?
That information wasn't released. All that's known is that it's located somewhere in Central Silent Hill. I, personally, think it's somewhere north of the shopping mall, near the Green Lion Antique Store.

>Could it be Burning House the picture that hangs in the one of the various cells
No. This house is the Gillespie Home, as stated numerous times. The picture, Burning Person, found in Silent Hill 2's prison cell, is of the Lakeview Hotel, on fire.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

My opinion on the Gillespie house/Cheryl shadow pic was that it's not the house how it looks NOW, but the memory of it; what it USED to look like.

Yes, I'm aware that there are no other houses around it, the other houses obviously don't much matter, just the Gillespie house, in what looks to be the middle of nowhere. (not "Nowhere")

I don't think it's an actual place, just a memory. Alessa's memory.
Don't you think she felt like there was no one around?
Maybe that's how she viewed the house; abandoned on all sides.
I don't know, I'm just rambling.
Luke01
Just Passing Through

Post by Luke01 »

That is the Gillespie house. I think Dahlia tried to release the god inside Alessa, and to do that she burned down the house with Alessa in it (damn you, Dahlia).

Near the end of game, when you are in the house you can see a cutscene where Dahlia and Alessa were talkin. In the end of the conversation she said like:
"I see, i didn't have to wait... I can realease it now" (and thats why she killed Alessa) Or something like that.

But i'm pretty new to SH so i could be wrong.