That noise...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah i think so it does get louder when i go the way tot he shop it does get annoying the sound does but the song is really good almost good as Tears of pain i just thought it was a gltich in the game when i hear the noise but im worng it's just there to guide you..
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I always thought it heralded the change over to the "Dark Side" of Silent Hill.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

it was just a sign that you are getting close to something important...hey thats SH for you.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol true as they say: The town of Silent Hill does not make any sence. well they have proved that 4 time's that damn town never has mad any sence not from day 1... never has and never will
Jeklinhyd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jeklinhyd »

i thought it was only used during the transition from misty silent hill to dark silent hill but now that i think about it it was used at other times.
"Never accept advice from a man wearing white pants," Michael J. Nelson
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

nah think it's just there to guide you to the shop when you exit out the Hospital gates the noise is there then when you start running or walking witch ever the sound get's louder when you reach the shop go down the stairs the noise is still there it's gone when you use the key it's gone so think it's just there to guide you to your next desantion
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

Theres so many far out sounds in SH.That's one of the more disturbing ones though
F

Post by F »

Mind you that this sound also appears at the last boss fight in the end as well.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

it does? never noitced that damn need to find my old sh 1 game and play again maybe use head-phones to hear
Spong
Gravedigger

Post by Spong »

I can honestly say the ambient sound everyone's talking about (it's like high-frequency radio interference) is the best soundbyte of SH1. I love the way it grows more and more intense as you approach the antique store, guiding you there but making you kinda wish you could turn back because of its nature. It fits well with the "unwilling participant" feel of the game a whole.
As for what it actually might mean...I have no idea.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah it does i always get that tingle down my spine when i get there i have not played any of my sh games since the new years i need to play more offten again get my sh spirts back on track
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

NightFlutter wrote:Yeah...but closer to what? My guess is pancakes...
pancakes?why not a Mc donalds Mcgriddle. XD

sorry that was a givin.
adamgnome
Just Passing Through

Post by adamgnome »

the Adversary wrote:If you're not going to contribute anything, ever, then don't make a reply. Filtering through your nonsense is extremely painful.

The answer is in your first post: ...that progrssively gets louder as you get closer to the Antique Store...
Then I'm sure you could've contributed better instead of saying two words.
the Adversary wrote:Closer... closer...
Sinweaver
Just Passing Through

Post by Sinweaver »

Aren't forums...Ya know, made for mindless chatter?
Or typing?
Or something. I must be crazy.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

adamgnome wrote:
the Adversary wrote:If you're not going to contribute anything, ever, then don't make a reply. Filtering through your nonsense is extremely painful.

The answer is in your first post: ...that progrssively gets louder as you get closer to the Antique Store...
Then I'm sure you could've contributed better instead of saying two words.
the Adversary wrote:Closer... closer...
I'm sure if you thought about it, you'd get it. But thinking's overrated apparently.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Then I'm sure you could've contributed better instead of saying two words.
That's the only word you need to understand why it's there: You're getting closer.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ghost13
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghost13 »

Sinweaver wrote:Aren't forums...Ya know, made for mindless chatter?
Or typing?
Or something. I must be crazy.
Agreed, a little humor, smart ass comments and some serious entertainment. Well, last i checked anyways.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/g13.jpg[/img]
An excellent Sig by Dr. Loomis
NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

F wrote:Mind you that this sound also appears at the last boss fight in the end as well.
Nah that ain't quite the same noise, but I know what you're talking about. You're thinking of the noise that also plays towards the end of Not Tomorrow 2
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just so I can get this out of the way, the few posts I have read by the Red Devil Pyramid Head have been complete nonsence. I even try to have basic sentence structure and I am lazy as hell.

Anyways, just curious is it like the buzzing radio from SH2?
NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

Nope. Play through 'til the antique store and you'll hear it on your way there.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]