Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 15 Dec 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Missing since: 16 Jan 2014
Notes left: 3
Come on, who cares about graphic... I mean it is long time ago, since it was released.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 25 Apr 2014
Notes left: 23
forget the graphics. forget even just knowing what happens. it is something you must experience for yourself. some very good horror moments and chills despite the graphics.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
Seriously, did the OP ever actually play the game? Enquiring minds want to know!

Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 641
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
I love the old school graphics in SH1. It's the most unique of them all and it's not JUST because it's on PS1. Though certainly helps.

I just feel like it adds something objectively very unique to the series. It actually gets me excited to play it. In its own way, even a PS4 remake wouldn't be able to transfer some of the charm the original does because of them.

Could be just me though, but any survival horror fan should give it a go. Like c'mon Lone Survivor is pretty much 16 bit and it's adored. Why is it suddenly just because it's an old PS1 game, people have apprehension towards it?

Gravedigger

Missing since: 22 Feb 2012
Notes left: 518
I feel a bit like that with new technology. It is so fancy that you can go off the old games. But in all honesty, I reckon the retro horror games were a damn lot more interesting. Resident Evil is a confusing mess now. Most other games in the genre just copy what RE 4 started.

The first Silent Hill may be expensive and rare now, but a fan should play it at least once. If not, watch a play through on YouTube.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 11 Jan 2016
Notes left: 2
I'm trying to play them all in sequence so Silent Hill was the first J5 cases in the series I played

Gravedigger

Honestly, every now and then if I have nothing better to do, I'll go back and game at least the first three games, and maybe Origins. It was always a pleasure in my youth to play them, and show them to my late gran as well. But after 2005 with the way the gaming industry zapped the scare factors out of these franchises, it just sucked for a long time, and RE6 just pissed people off. However, I quite liked Revelations 2. The Natalia sub game was kind of like playing a Silent Hill title in spite of it being a Resident Evil side story. The game really was entertaining and actually feels more like RE than 5 or 6.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 10 Nov 2005
Notes left: 289
Last seen at: Seattle
Some of the best reasons to experience this game are the things you'll never read about. The depth of a hallway and all the unseen things it might contain, the sound of a whimper just out of sight.

Patience is the darkest side of power.

Gravedigger

Konami is hiring again, in Japan. So maybe we'll finally get something Silent Hill related again someday. Well, I hope so. "We" hope so.

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1393
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
I love SH1, it's the best game in the series because it has the best story and the best world building. I haven't played it in a long time though, and that's probably because I haven't had a PS1 for some time and I don't like the controls on PC emulators. It doesn't stop me from watching playthroughs from time to time though, just to capture that sense of nostalgia and bring me back to my childhood.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 28 Oct 2013
Notes left: 123
Last seen at: Los Angeles
The original had the heaviest atmosphere and sound design for me. I loved it. The metallic ambiance with the crude graphics and original creatures... :) Sure, it took me a long time to understand the story wholly, but it's so worth it.

To disregard the original Silent Hill for any reason should be a crime in Toluca County. Actually, I think in Shepherd's Glenn it's part of the school curriculum to play the series. I heard Book of Memories teaches social skills and Shattered Memories' puzzles are great for K-3rd grade students. Apparently, Silent Hill Revelations was marketed as a teen dark comedy in Toluca. Who would have figured...

Gravedigger

Give me Silent Hill (1) over Shattered Memories, any day! :(

I wish they'd just leave the oldies alone, like they should leave classic songs alone. Remakes are often never as good. Is this all the gaming industry, the music business and the film world can do now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12