I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

The only reason why I've been avoiding SH1 is because I need another memory card.
And because I suck so bad at it. :( :oops:
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
Ayu
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ayu »

der Morgenstern Czigany wrote:The only reason why I've been avoiding SH1 is because I need another memory card.
And because I suck so bad at it. :( :oops:
XD! The trick for me was trigger happy running around. ^^
[url=http://sejant.deviantart.com/][img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/NightElves/dance-5.gif[/img][/url]
KeeperOfTrampsBar
Just Passing Through

Post by KeeperOfTrampsBar »

As a retro gamer I basically consider a1999 game almost "new" yet.
But look at the thing,the game spawned 4 titles. If you played the others and are a fan or appreciator of it,then its like "I must see which product started this all".
Apart from that, even if you already know Darth Vader is Lukes father, who would be a StarWars fan without to have seen the first, original StarWars, you*d jus tbe missing something. :wink:
Darchaen
Just Passing Through

Post by Darchaen »

Fredrick2003 wrote:So you go to a fan forum and say "hey i really dont want to play this"...
Well, it's a legitimate question, and he never said he disliked Silent Hill, just that he doesn't feel like playing the first one after playing through all the others.

I guess knowing the ending must ruin it for you a bit, and having played the others would make it feel dated, but it really is a good game. Personally I'm trying to play them all in sequence so Silent Hill was the first in the series I played and I didn't spoil anything, so I can't really relate.

The only real reason I can give is that if you're a fan of the series, you should be interested in how it all began. Take some nostalgic time to play a classic, it'll be worth it.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

knowing the ending shouldn't ruin the game, it's surprisingly scary even with the less-advanced graphics and whatnot... possibly the creepiest installment in the entire series thus far. god, that hospital.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well , if you were a true silent hill fan , you would play it. overall , its an awesome game and i love the storyline. and who knows , you may find out something new.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

The definition of a true fan varies from person to person. Just because they don't play one game doesn't make them any less of a fan than someone who has played them all and knows them back to front.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
ZombieLADY
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieLADY »

Yeah, I agree ^^

You should play SH1. To me, It doesn't matter if the graphics are up-to-date. It still provides good scares, and an awesome storyline. That's really what matters!! I mean, you don't wan to play a pretty-looking game, with a horrible storyline or controls, do you? o.o

You don't have to play all the games to be a true fan!
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/RazzyRabit/SHavatars.gif[/img]
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I personally like silent hill 1. I prefer sh 2. But I like sh1 a lot. If for no other reason, it begins the story.
Life changes daily so go with it!
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

You really should play this game, I mean just because you know the ending of the game that does not mean your not going to enjoy it. For me, I like playing the Silent Hill games because of the cool stuff that's in between the game. To be honest, the endings never really satisfy me as much as actually playing the game and the story in between.
Brian
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Brian »

Silent Hill 1 is my personal favorite, and I actually think it's by far the scariest. I think it has the best sound track as well, and it's definately what started it all with atmosphere. It also seems that it's much darker and grimmer than most of the Silent Hill's to me. The replay value is probably the second best out of the four as well.
[img:b4cb8a0046]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/click_mannn/CollabAmortHaze2.png[/img:b4cb8a0046]
Your golden skies feed my role in this forgotten space race under my control.
marko zero
Just Passing Through

Post by marko zero »

The first chapters of silent hill are true classic suspense horror.
The late two chapters of silent hill have a more arcade fighting stile.
so the first years i was amazed as the same as the later years but,
it flows in a different direction (subconsciously) .
play it all,but in the first game you r' gonna find a more cinematic experience now that the years have passed
SilentHell
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentHell »

I had my doubts about the game too, at first I thought the whole thing looked Like a b-movie. the things that are suppose to scare me won't get me. because of the graphics I was very skeptic

but I enjoyed playing it it's classic and simple SilentHill goodness.

One day on the net I heard rumors that theres an emulated version of SilentHill for the PC and I did find it it even had graphical enhancements (im guessing posting the download link would lock this thread)
but its not too hard to find if you know where to look.

and now I finally understand whats going on in silent hill 3 and the movie
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/silenyhell/sh%20pictures/SH3Siggy.jpg[/img]

"Some Fear Dea_th Some Pray For_It"
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I really don't like the "Gamers" that judge a game just for its graphics... SH is my favporite of the saga, maybe cause was the first that I played but I really think this is the most scariest with the best cratures in all the saga... But is just my opinion...

A couple of monts ago I could play the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake after play MGS 1 and 2 and I can say that my favorite games are metal Gear 2 Solid Snake and Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater... After play MG2SS I realized that MGS used a lot of stuff from the MSX game so cause this I like more the 2nd one for MSX than the 1st one for PSX... Anyway I love all the MG games...

I even just passed Metroid for NES and Metroid II for GB in my PSP and I must say that those games are fucking good (If you have a map, off course); you can't judge a game unless you have played and known it... This same can be applied for everything in the life... If you will critic anything at least take the bother of experience it...
It Burns
Just Passing Through

Post by It Burns »

Silent Hill 1 was what got me hooked on the series and it's my favorite out of them all.
Graphics don't mean much to me. A game can have horrible graphics but if the story and characters are well developed then that's all that matters.
Shabby_doll
Just Passing Through

Post by Shabby_doll »

Once you actually get into the game, the "less-than-stunning" graphics mean absolutely nothing. SH1 was the last of the series that I ever played (which really messed me up for SH3) and I think it is the most challenging and one of the most frightening in the series.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Even the first Alone in the Dark gave me a good creepy feeling and that game has HORRIBLE graphics!!!
doorofsecrets
Just Passing Through

Post by doorofsecrets »

I just got Silent Hill the other day and I've only now just got to the school. I'm loving the atmosphere, find the monotonous voice acting rather funny, but hate the controls. I made the mistake (?) of playing SH2 and SH3 first, and with those games I was used to being able to kill monsters before they laid a finger on me. That is not so with this game. :P

However, I'm sure I'll adjust to the gameplay in no time. I remember equally hating SH3 at first (although I was able to change the controls on that one...).
Oh, come, come inside of me
Feel the sophisticated tendencies of my thoughts
Unspoken words circling to be thrown into disorder
Leaving a patron of insanity
Carved into stone, not to be forgotten
To collide because of my nakedness
The all embracing frailty I never knew
Evokes a sphere of fallacies
Like a spiral down, down to deep tunnels of despair...
~ "Wings of Illusion"
fukuro lady
Just Passing Through

Post by fukuro lady »

If you prefer to play a game like SH2 or SH3 then you might find SH1 too different for your liking. Since I played SH1 I can only say that without the residual fear that still remained after completing it, the other SH2's may not have had the same effect on me. SH1 truly is horrifying, the atmosphere created is arguably the best of the franchise, and the fact that the graphics aren't great is further proof that Team Silent really know how to feck with someone's head good and proper.

Oh and SH1 also contains a compelling and significant story line :P

All I can say is SH1 makes you feel like you are an ordinary man with no special weapons or fitness training thrust in to a world that is going to kick your ass if you stop still in the street for more than a few seconds :lol: In that respect it is difficult, but well worth it when you see how they reveal the true nature of Silent Hill for the first time in the game. (oh holy mother of jebus, just thinking about playing it is giving me the shivers :shock: ).

In short it is well worth playing, and I personally think you are missing out if you haven't atleast attempted to finish it, but I can totally understand how some people are put off by the graphics/age of the game. I can't get my brother to play the first one, and my husband wasn't keen at all, but I cracked the whip and he's now glad he bothered :twisted:
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/buttonpics/sigs/fl1.png[/img]
If I crashed my car/woke up in Silent Hill, I would take the gun I find in the Cafe and blow my f**king brains out.
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

I never finished playing Silent Hill, not because I didn't like it, but only because I was too dang scared to finish. In all seriousness though, the graphics were what held me back. You couldn't possibly have recognized what the heck was attacking you and that's what made it disturbing for me. :lol: