I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Sorry paladin, I probably shouldn't post to internet forums within 20 minutes of waking up... I took your post the wrong way, my bad.

But anyways, really the point I was trying to make in this thread is I don't find the game that enjoyable anymore. I do enjoy older games, but SH1 not-so-much. If I want a Silent Hill game, I'll most likely play 2 or 3. Two excellent, well produced games which hold up better to me. Or load up Resident Evil 4 if I want an action-packed horror game
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Fair enough. See, I knew we'd see eye to eye once everything was explained.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Paladin, you do come off strongly as referring to me and my views as "soemthing to be pitied"- which is crap. I never claimed that I was unable to like any game with bad graphics, but you seem to assume that that's what I meant. Sure, you can come out with games with awesome graphics and crap storylines- and I won't like them. But you assume I would.
SH ONLY works in my mind because of the storyline- the same as Baldur's Gate and the IceWind Dale games. Yes, it was cutting-edge in 1999, but this is not 1999. So expect people to point out that the graphics suck. And don't assume we're all idiots who know nothing about real videogaming or that we aren't as "good" as you older gamers.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Also fair enough. I won't apologize for hurting peoples' feelings, but I will take your opinions into account before I state my own opinion in the future.
amphreded
Historical Society Historian

Post by amphreded »

If anyone has any problem with another, please take it to the PM. Further off-topic posts will be removed.
[size=84][b]QUICKLINKS | [/size][size=75][url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2362]SH1[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2313]SH2[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2327]SH3[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=43347#43347]SH4[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17936]SH:H[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=391270#391270]SH:O[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=85043#85043]SHMovie[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12563]SHGeneral[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php]FAQs[/url][/size][/b]
[size=84][color=grey][i]

[/size][/color][/i]
Taoy
Just Passing Through

Post by Taoy »

I finally got my hands on a copy of this game a few months ago, but have only started playing it today.
It's been almost 12 years since I played the demo. And for some strange reason, I can't continue playing for more than and hour at a time.
I think the game terrifies me. Which is pretty embarassing being that I am nearly 19 years old now.

Because I played it at such a young age, there's probably some sortof deep fear instilled in me. I wonder if anyone else is like this too?
I don't see how I'm ever going to finish it! Only two and a half months left till I'm back in Uni, that's not enough time!
:(
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

SH is one of the best game series at leaving you feeling lost and afraid (well, 1 and 2 are, 3 and 4 are more or less action titles). It's normal. For the first year of owning SH2, I never made it past the apartment level... I barely got far enough to grab the gun on a few play-throughs.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Taoy, Silent Hill is designed to feel that way. There's really nothing to feel bad about. If it didn't scare you or disturb you, it wouldn't be Silent Hill...
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

This thread makes me want to play SH1 again, all the way through, without saving. In fact there should be an official Silent-Hill-A-Thon, where on the same agreed date we go 0-4 non stop and see who does it first.
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I imagine that would be rather hard to prove.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

You would have to have live web cams and judges. That is just a terrible idea actually. Why?
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

And would UFO endings or other gag endings count? If so, there would be people who finished pretty quick the first time through.
Reciever_Of_Wisdom
Just Passing Through

Post by Reciever_Of_Wisdom »

I'm having trouble finding the first game myself, now that this thread makes me want to complete the console set.
[size=67][color=red]If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.[/color][/size]
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Lol, I read the last couple of posts and come on.
Graphics are graphics, stop being so technology spoiled. :D

& ahmigosh! A silenthill-athon sounds great! I'd smash in origins.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

I've never let graphics get me down. some of the best stories go with the worst graphics. I'd actually rather have an extremely enticing TEXT-BASED game then have a game that has life like graphics and all you do is run as a big green lug destroying everything in sight, picking up people and uppercutting them halfway across the city, and fighting the abomination. in all seriousness though, graphics equal sign 20% of the reason I play games.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

AdjectiveRyan, you would probably enjoy Aardwolf Mudd, a text-based online game that took up WAYYYYY too many years of my life.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

You better don't play Megaman 9 that is coming for Wii...
Username

Post by Username »

Because it's without doubt the best in the series
M.O.T.B
Just Passing Through

Post by M.O.T.B »

It´s the best game so far. Don´t care about the grapichs, care about the feeling. No other SH game (yet) can give you thoose chilling moments like the first.
Hope that´s reason enough.
[img]http://she.silenthillfever.com/parceiros/shebanner_4.jpg[/img]
valkyre
Just Passing Through

Post by valkyre »

I have NOO idea how long this topic has been here, but seeing as im too shy to start my own topic sometimes, and i just played silent hill 1 after say......5 years, i have to say....

play it. the other ones blast you with art and graphics, but this one is the only one were you are actually AFRAID to go outside or inside at some parts. 3 and 4, sure, you dont want to be defeated by the monsters. yeah, they might kill you. this one has you running for you freaking life, trying desperactly to reach the next door before a skinned child (?) grabs your feet, right after you make a wrong turn and hit a wall. this one has you hiding in a corner with your flashlight, hoping the thing will go away.

not to mention the conversations? waking up and not even knowing if the other world is real or not, or whats going on, or if you daughter is missing forever.

this one, you can pretend you havent played the others, because all theories are possible, nothing is canon yet. you are not the returning hero. you are a man on vacation, who wants his daughter back, and doesnt want to die....

was a bit afraid i wont be able to play, with the old graphics and all. but i fired it up, and it doesnt look like Army Men or anything (god those graphics were horrible...). it looks just fine. sure, everyones not all shiny and covered with Bloom, but its good. youll like it. if you like silent hill, youll like this one. not just because its the 'original and you have to like it" its good, all by itself.

but im sure by this time, youre all old and stuff, living in a nursing home, unable to read these topics from 50 years ago.

just had to add my two cents :D
when i say "they should add something new", i dont mean "they should add something new thats retarded". thats different.